New to Regent

Jinn

Hello---I am a Crystal Refugee.  I have booked a Regent cruise in Sept. and am trying to book shore excs.  I get this message which I do not understand:  "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  All help appreciated.  Thanks, Julia

39 minutes ago, Jinn said:

Hello---I am a Crystal Refugee.  I have booked a Regent cruise in Sept. and am trying to book shore excs.  I get this message which I do not understand:  "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  All help appreciated.  Thanks, Julia

Hello Jinn - and welcome to the Regent Seven Seas Cruises' board! i oversee the website for Regent, so I'm happy to assist you. Would you mind sending me an email at mmoore@rssc.com with your booking number and the tour and I"ll look into it for you?

Kind regards,

Mike

Edited by Mike Moore
  • Like 4

Thank you, Mike.  I figured it out.  I needed to check the box by my name for each port and wait a few seconds and then I could book the shore exc.  I appreciate your help.  Julia

4 minutes ago, audobon_tx said:

Also a Crystal refugee.  Booked a ship transfer from Trieste to VCE.  Can't figure out where confirmation would show on RSSC website.  Looked under "my account" etc.  No problem finding shorex reservations.

Good morning - currently you transfers will only appear on the documentation that you receive with all the other details of your voyage with us. The My Account area of our website will be receiving a significant upgrade in the future to make more information readily available.

1 hour ago, Mike Moore said:

Good morning - currently you transfers will only appear on the documentation that you receive with all the other details of your voyage with us. The My Account area of our website will be receiving a significant upgrade in the future to make more information readily available.

Mike, would that upgrade also include automatically loading booked cruises into the Booked Cruises tab so we don't need to manually add every cruise we book?  That would be a nice touch.  😛

Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

Mike, would that upgrade also include automatically loading booked cruises into the Booked Cruises tab so we don't need to manually add every cruise we book?  That would be a nice touch.  😛

Thanks!

Yes sir - it's on the list!

• Like 3

Hi Mike

I sent you an email on Monday Feb 21 at 10:45am regarding an issue i was having seeing available suites for a cruise i was looking at. It included a screenshot of the what i was getting.  I don't expect you have had time to deal with it but thought i might get acknowlegement that it was received. Would you normally send acknowledgement of receipt or only respond when you have a solution? thanks.  

46 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

Hi Mike

I sent you an email on Monday Feb 21 at 10:45am regarding an issue i was having seeing available suites for a cruise i was looking at. It included a screenshot of the what i was getting.  I don't expect you have had time to deal with it but thought i might get acknowlegement that it was received. Would you normally send acknowledgement of receipt or only respond when you have a solution? thanks.  

I don't recall receiving a message that I haven't replied to, and just checked my junk mail and it isn't there either, so please do resend it. I definitely reply to emails and acknowledge them when the come in as soon as I read them, so after you send if you don't hear form me relatively quickly please do let me know here. 

Mike

Another Crystal Refugee booked on Regent for Dec.

I read somewhere that people got Shore Ex in PDF format by calling Regent. For my cruise, I did the same and have the PDF on my computer to read anytime.

Also, I read somewhere on this board that one can call Regent in to book shore ex. Posters have reported that calling was much faster than trying to book onlie.

Kate

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

I don't recall receiving a message that I haven't replied to, and just checked my junk mail and it isn't there either, so please do resend it. I definitely reply to emails and acknowledge them when the come in as soon as I read them, so after you send if you don't hear form me relatively quickly please do let me know here. 

Mike

Thanks Mike, I will try again. 

I have now resent the message. Hope it works this time. 

Edited by 1982CruzStart
Adding additional info

My wife and I HOPE to be new to Regent.  We just placed a waitlist booking for the 17November cruise on Navigator.  We’re excited, but trying to hold our giddiness in check, pending actual availability of a suite or stateroom.

@Mike Moore  As a long-time CruiseCritic member, I am seriously impressed that Regent has a staffer monitoring and participating in the Forum.  Kudos and thanks!

—Marne 

Edited by marne-c
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2022 at 10:00 AM, Mike Moore said:

Mike

Mike this has to do with Dining Reservations.We want to share a table I put in the reservation # for our guest but we can't tell if the entry took.  The email shows the reservation but no info about the guest.

1 hour ago, HonTri said:

Mike this has to do with Dining Reservations.We want to share a table I put in the reservation # for our guest but we can't tell if the entry took.  The email shows the reservation but no info about the guest.

Since you put in a reservation number for your guest, I assume you answered the question about sharing a table in the negative. If you said you wanted to share a table, your guest will not be in your reservation.

Go to your account and click on the dining reservation link. Check the reservation you made and if your Guest is included on the reservation, his or her name will appear. 

Dave

17 hours ago, HonTri said:

As DaveFr pointed out above, if you elect to "share" a table, that means you will be seated with other guests that also wanted to "share" their table. If you wish to invite specific people, the "share" option should not be checked. 

3 hours ago, DaveFr said:

Since you put in a reservation number for your guest, I assume you answered the question about sharing a table in the negative. If you said you wanted to share a table, your guest will not be in your reservation.

Go to your account and click on the dining reservation link. Check the reservation you made and if your Guest is included on the reservation, his or her name will appear. 

Dave

I did not I had shared clicked. I just tried leaving it not share. Is that what you want?

12 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

As DaveFr pointed out above, if you elect to "share" a table, that means you will be seated with other guests that also wanted to "share" their table. If you wish to invite specific people, the "share" option should not be checked. 

I tried that last night, we have not gotten a email from Regent yet.

37 minutes ago, HonTri said:

I did not I had shared clicked. I just tried leaving it not share. Is that what you want?

I tried that last night, we have not gotten a email from Regent yet.

Please send me an email (mmoore@rssc.com) with your booking number, last name and cruise you are going on, and I'll be happy take a look so I can provide more specific instructions.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 3:49 PM, marne-c said:

My wife and I HOPE to be new to Regent.  We just placed a waitlist booking for the 17November cruise on Navigator.  We’re excited, but trying to hold our giddiness in check, pending actual availability of a suite or stateroom.

(snip)

Happily, our waitlist cleared, and we now officially are new to Regent.

--Marne

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, marne-c said:

Happily, our waitlist cleared, and we now officially are new to Regent.

--Marne

Pity those who travel down the Prim-Rose path, for there is no lane that can take you back...

Your [cruising] life will never be the same!   Congratulations! ☺️

2 minutes ago, daetchief said:

Pity those who travel down the Prim-Rose path, for there is no lane that can take you back...

Your [cruising] life will never be the same!   Congratulations! ☺️

Yeah @daetchief, since we upgraded from cruising in verandah cabins to suites a while back, it's been a slippery slope!  

--Marne

Edited by marne-c
  • Like 1