Woman Boarding with Passport, but Covid Vaccine Card has Married Name

Jackpot Judy

My adult daughter is traveling with us on an upcoming Carnival cruise. She got her US Passport years ago and of course it was issued in her maiden name. She has since married and her Covid vaccine card has her married surname. I suggested she take her Birth Certificate and marriage license as well, to prove she is who she is. Has anyone had problems boarding when Covid vaccine card does not match their other proof identification? 

The vaccine cards usually have a birth date associated with them as well, which should match up with her passport (or her driver's license with her married name - assuming she updated that after her wedding.  I can't imagine that is would be an issue, especially as it appears that we are moving to a more state of normal.  If the check-in  agent has and concerns, a supervisor get involved.  As @ProgRockCruiser suggested, bringing along a copy of her marriage license would be peace of mind.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

Actually, what name is she traveling under?  Married, I assume, but her passport is under her maiden name?  If this is the case, I am guessing that when the check-in agent swipes or scans her passport (maiden name), it will alert if she is booked under her married name.  I am guessing that it will be an automatic embarkation pause, and she will be asked to go to the customer service counter so they can deal with the two different names.  

To expedite this, I would suggest that she does bring a copy of her marriage license.  Better to be over prepared. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, groundloop said:

You didn't say where the cruise is going.  More than likely she won't even need a passport to board, she can simply use her driver's license and birth certificate.  In this case going that route might be a lot easier.

passport isn't the issue, vaccine card has married name which wouldn't match the birth certificate.  To the original post:  my daughter had the same issue this past Sept.  We actually booked the cruise before she got married so the booking had her maiden name.  The only thing with her married name was the vaccine card.  She took her marriage license but surprisingly they never asked for it. But it's better to have it and not need it than to not have it then be stuck out 

I have kinda the same issue.  I got my vaccine at my job and i use my maiden name only at my job so vaccine card has my maiden name. my id and passport has my married name. i'm currently booked for 2 cruises in august. i'm planning on carrying my work id and marriage certificate hoping that would be enough. any thoughts?  i went to hawaii  last july and i was fine no one asked.

We are in the exact situation.  My daughter got married but hasn't changed her name on her passport yet.  I booked the cruise under her maiden name to match her passport.  However, her vaccine card has her married surname.  I'm hoping bringing a marriage license will be acceptable.

On 2/25/2022 at 6:55 AM, Jackpot Judy said:

My adult daughter is traveling with us on an upcoming Carnival cruise. She got her US Passport years ago and of course it was issued in her maiden name. She has since married and her Covid vaccine card has her married surname. I suggested she take her Birth Certificate and marriage license as well, to prove she is who she is. Has anyone had problems boarding when Covid vaccine card does not match their other proof identification? 

Where did she get her vax card from? CVS, Walmart, etc.? Just go back and have them reissue it in her maiden name with her married name in parentheses to match her passport.