I sailed Enchantment Feb 17-25, Ask me Anything!

emeraldead

I sailed Enchantment Feb 17-25, out of Port Baltimore Ask me Anything!

Cruise experience: One to Alaska in 2014 on Holland

Cruised with: My partner

Ports explored: Port Canaveral, Cococay, Nassau, Charleston, all independently

Room: Junior Suite 7166

Extras/Upgrades purchased: None, we bought drinks and pictures on board ad hoc for a total of $170 in extra charges. In the future I would probably get a soda or beverage package because I didn't love the juices or the tap water and I do love smoothies.

RoyalUp: Made minimum bids for grand and owners suites but did not get an upgrade, got the confirmation the 2nd day of the cruise

Tips:

The Viking Crown lounge on 10 always seemed quiet and empty as its own reading corner during the day

There was always a hot tub in the solarium open until at least midnight also where the Park Cafe always has good pizza and cookies

The Park Cafe and Cafe Lattetudes serve almost the same finger foods/desserts so if there's a line at one you can try the other.

Dislikes:

The meat sauce they used was identical, for every dish and every serving. It wasn't bad but it's not what I expected or wanted.

5 minutes ago, robnmac said:

How did you like the aft corner cabin?  We have one for our cruise in April.

Overall we LOVED.  Only had wind and water during bad weather.  Tons of space for 2 loungers and 2 chairs.  Seeing the port before getting off the ship was lovely, the views and privacy of a spot to escape anytime was wonderful.

You could hear the live bands from the Spotlight below which was really noticeable on the first and last nights so anyone who wants to avoid that completely should NOT reserve.  But wasn't an issue otherwise.

The bit of extra space, closet, tub, just helped it feel like a ship to cruise on and cruise in, not just a spot for holding stuff.  

100_8604.JPG

100_8684.JPG

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

What was condition of ship? Were rooms updated? We will be staying in a JS cabin starboard side a few cabins from the aft. When I booked there weren’t many JS to pick from. Didn’t want to be under windjammer or main pool. 

I would say it was solid condition.  Yes, there's some scuffs and wear and tear, some decorative elements lost or lights out here and there, but I never felt it was an issue to enjoying the cruise.  This video is still completely accurate 

47 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was on the Jewel and took this photo of the Enchantment you were on while you were docked next to Harmony in Nassau on Feb 21st. What did you think of the stark difference?  The Jewel is a smaller ship as well and we felt like dwarfs next to HOTS.

236FC33B-6BA3-4AF8-A4AD-FEFF3F27A622.jpeg

Haha yes we were next to Harmony at a cococay and a full two decks smaller.  I like the ship that still looks and feels like a ship, not just a floating resort.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, emeraldead said:

Haha yes we were next to Harmony at a cococay and a full two decks smaller.  I like the ship that still looks and feels like a ship, not just a floating resort.  

Actually I think Harmony has 19 decks and Enchantment 12. HOTS is also much wider and longer. 

On 2/26/2022 at 4:31 PM, emeraldead said:

I would say it was solid condition.  Yes, there's some scuffs and wear and tear, some decorative elements lost or lights out here and there, but I never felt it was an issue to enjoying the cruise.  This video is still completely accurate 

This is an aft JS which is different than a JS that is not aft.  Aft JS have walk in closets.  Non-aft ones do not on this class.

Edited by BND

This is a better video of a JS that is not an aft cabin.  "Near" the aft is not the same as "on" the aft.  The previous video is one that is "on" the aft.

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

is it easy to park at the port? Garage?  I am in PA

Very easy.  We've cruised out of Baltimore 9 or 10 times.  It's right off I-95 and there is no garage.  There's a flat parking lot but there's always been plenty of parking.

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Very easy.  We've cruised out of Baltimore 9 or 10 times.  It's right off I-95 and there is no garage.  There's a flat parking lot but there's always been plenty of parking.

how much and did you feel safe with the car in a lot

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

how much and did you feel safe with the car in a lot

Last time we cruised from there in 2019, I think it was $15/day.  It might be as much as $18.  Honestly, we just pay and don't really notice.  Car is very safe.  The Cruise MD port is fenced in and is only open on days when a ship is in.  We live just over an hour away so we always drive and park.  I have never heard of anyone having any issues there (or any port we've parked in).

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Last time we cruised from there in 2019, I think it was $15/day.  It might be as much as $18.  Honestly, we just pay and don't really notice.  Car is very safe.  The Cruise MD port is fenced in and is only open on days when a ship is in.  We live just over an hour away so we always drive and park.  I have never heard of anyone having any issues there (or any port we've parked in).

thanks and they have plenty of parking and ship goes under a bridge I think

11 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks and they have plenty of parking and ship goes under a bridge I think

It goes under two bridges.  The Francis Scott Key bridge and the Chesapeake Bay bridge.

21 hours ago, BND said:

We sailed during the riots a few years back. Local told me docks are very safe as it is federal. So criminals stay away as it is penetentiary vs regular jail. Not sure if it's true but we had no issues. 

1 hour ago, pxy cda said:

We sailed during the riots a few years back. Local told me docks are very safe as it is federal. So criminals stay away as it is penetentiary vs regular jail. Not sure if it's true but we had no issues. 

Well, the fencing with the barbed wire at the top doesn't hurt (or maybe it does lol).

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, theavonb said:

Hello, Do you pick your time to arrive at the port or does RC pick it?

Also how pricy is the internet package if there is one?

You pick the time when you check in. 

VOOM packages are typically $20-25/ day depending on service tier - but there are sales.