Insights Lectures

Camgirl

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out who is likely to be doing the insights lectures on our cruise? I know there used to be a list available, but I have searched and I can't find it now. We are on QE on the 18th March.

The only way I have found to see what speakers are on a given trip is to look at the speaker list (link below) and click each one to see when and where they are scheduled. It is a royal pain. I finally decided that it really didn't matter to me who was speaking, I'd find out when we see the daily programs. We're scheduled on Cunard in December 2022.

(https://www.cunard.com/en-us/the-cunard-experience/guestspeakers.guestSpeakers?category@*&sort=&start=0&rows=12)

• Like 2

I haven't been able to find master Insights Guest Lecturers schedules posted anywhere any more. In the past, the schedules for each ship were posted as pdf files on the Guest Speakers page of the Cunard website.

The page @ExArkie has mentioned is about the best we can do at the moment. Unfortunately, that page mostly just lists the speakers for some of the special event cruises (in particular, the Literature Festival at Sea) as well as a few of the Alaska cruises. Quite a few speakers on that list aren't linked to any specific voyage, so that's not much help.

That page doesn't list the guest speakers for some of the special event cruises such as The Greatest Generation 2022 voyage on QM2 (M216A) and the Australia's Gardening Journey 2023 cruise on QE (Q307). You can find the scheduled speakers for those voyages listed on their pages within the Event Voyages section of the site.

Bottom line, if your voyage isn't one of the very few that have speakers listed on their voyage detail pages or in the special event voyages section of the Cunard website, I'm afraid I don't know how to find who the speakers are going to be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I haven't been able to find master Insights Guest Lecturers schedules posted anywhere any more. In the past, the schedules for each ship were posted as pdf files on the Guest Speakers page of the Cunard website.

The page @ExArkie has mentioned is about the best we can do at the moment. Unfortunately, that page mostly just lists the speakers for some of the special event cruises (in particular, the Literature Festival at Sea) as well as a few of the Alaska cruises. Quite a few speakers on that list aren't linked to any specific voyage, so that's not much help.

That page doesn't list the guest speakers for some of the special event cruises such as The Greatest Generation 2022 voyage on QM2 (M216A) and the Australia's Gardening Journey 2023 cruise on QE (Q307). You can find the scheduled speakers for those voyages listed on their pages within the Event Voyages section of the site.

Bottom line, if your voyage isn't one of the very few that have speakers listed on their voyage detail pages or in the special event voyages section of the Cunard website, I'm afraid I don't know how to find who the speakers are going to be.

Would Appreciate one when information is posted for M230A in September.

22 hours ago, bluemarble said:

As you said, some of them come up with no voyages. Several others that I checked bring up a list of 43 voyages, some of them on two ships at the same time. Yet another example of Cunard's terrible website.

On 2/27/2022 at 12:24 PM, bluemarble said:

I checked the speakers list before our Alaskan cruise and found that it didn't bear much resemblance to the speakers they had on board when we cruised.

1 hour ago, lissie said:

Is its something you really need to know in advance? Let something be a surprise - its well documented in the daily program 

When you've already chosen a cruise, perhaps because of the specific itinerary or time of year, then I'd tend to agree it's mostly just a matter of curiosity to know who the guest speakers are going to be ahead of time.

However, when we are trying to chose among numerous alternatives (specifically transatlantic crossings on QM2), knowing who the scheduled speakers are going to be can (and indeed has) influenced which voyage we've chosen.

One memorable occasion was a 21-night QM2 voyage including a cruise to Norway sandwiched between two crossings. Ocean liner expert Bill Miller was one of the scheduled speakers for all three segments. Pure bliss that sealed the deal for me to book that particular voyage that year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluemarble said:

When you've already chosen a cruise, perhaps because of the specific itinerary or time of year, then I'd tend to agree it's mostly just a matter of curiosity to know who the guest speakers are going to be ahead of time.

However, when we are trying to chose among numerous alternatives (specifically transatlantic crossings on QM2), knowing who the scheduled speakers are going to be can (and indeed has) influenced which voyage we've chosen.

One memorable occasion was a 21-night QM2 voyage including a cruise to Norway sandwiched between two crossings. Ocean liner expert Bill Miller was one of the scheduled speakers for all three segments. Pure bliss that sealed the deal for me to book that particular voyage that year.

Doesnt always work that way though unfortunately as knowing in advance who speakers are does not guarantee last minute changes. On a roundtrip TA Bill Miller was due to be a guest speaker onboard which I was looking forward too but unfortunately he never appeared and no reason was given why.