Carnival Sunshine should be put out to sea

WakeView4Us

On 3/1/2022 at 9:34 AM, basktchic said:

Struggling or not this type of decay is uncalled for. This ship was reburbed 10 years ago and has a full crew. There were a lot of public areas that were unsafe and need to be addressed. 

Can you elaborate on what was unsafe?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Who was the comic that offended you? I love offensive comics, so want to be on the lookout for this one.

Exactly, she'd probably would walk out of a Ricky Gervais or Dave Chappelle show despite the fact they are well known the world over for being hilarious (and hilariously offensive).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am on the Sunshine in 11 days.  I will not look for rust, I will not look for rust.  🙃

I am thrilled to be able to travel again and set sail with a first timer!

Does anyone know if the Sunshine has a full crew working now? 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RCmommy said:

I am on the Sunshine in 11 days.  I will not look for rust, I will not look for rust.  🙃

I don't think any of the ships are 100% fully staffed right now. But it's getting better every cruise and they're doing their best to put the crew where they're needed most. For example they closed Cucina for supper to put more crew in MDR and Lido.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RCmommy said:

John Heald recently stated that the crew staffing is improving rapidly across the fleet as the government is now making allowance for some workers with expired visas to return. Sounds like they essentially extended their old visas until they can get caught up on the backlog. 

I hope you have a wonderful time and I can already tell you will with realistic expectations. 

Unfortunately that kind of attitude doesn’t attract as much attention as the outrage does. It’s like we can’t look away and I’m as guilty as anyone. 🤣

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 8:46 AM, embarkation75 said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion as the OP obviously sails on some pricier... more elegant cruise lines internationally that 95%+ on a Carnival ship can't afford. Good for her that she has the wealth to afford them as those type of cruises also have enough in fees collected that also helps them hide/maintain these items better (every cruise ship has the same issues no matter how expensive). With that stated, the pictures of rust on the ship or wood rot in the bathroom are things I've seen for years on cruise ships such as the Magic back in 2014 when the ship was only 3 years into service.  It's all about what you're paying and what is really "essential" for sea worthiness. If one believes these items are critical for personal happiness, then I'd stay away from Carnival, RCCL, and NCL by going with a luxury cruise line. It's like shopping for a t-shirt at Target vs Neiman Marcus as expectations depends on where you shop.

I agree with most of what you said here. I do think many would be surprised though on how many Carnival cruisers *could* afford more expensive cruises. Many just don't see the need to.

21 hours ago, mz-s said:

I don't think any business is 100% fully staffed right now. 

Fixed it for you

• Thanks 1