Yes, another former Crystal sailer with questions...

Phalgal

We're booked on a Miami roundtrip in Dec. on Splendor. We've started booking shore excursions and I'd be grateful for any advice or insights.

Thank you.

Edited by Phalgal

Exactly what info would you like? If you want general info about Regent, the website is an excellent reference. If you want personal insights, there is literally weeks worth of reading here searchable by topic. Narrowing down your question would allow us to better help you out. Hope you enjoy your trip!!!

1 hour ago, wcsdkqh said:

If you have seen one island, you’ve seen them all. Enjoy the weather and the ship.

That's like saying in the U.S. if you've seen one state, you've seen them all..Each island is so unique. We have been going to the Caribbean for over 40 years and love the differences in people,  custom and language.  So sorry you missed it. To the OP, shore excursions depend on your interests and your stamina. Do you love beaches, water,  hiking,  art, food ? Read the descriptions of the excursions that are offered. Also go on something like Trip Advisor for each island and look at the things to do. They will have many of the excursions that the ship offers so you can read remarks. And don't be afraid to skip the ship excursion and just do your own thing. The islands are generally safe, lovely people, and just wandering,  finding art galleries, good restaurants,  etc., can be much more fun than riding around in a bus all day. And read the history of the places you'll visit just like you do for other parts of the world. There are similarities but also many differences.

• Like 4

Specific excursion info aside, from a Regent standpoint I'd suggest downloading the entire excursion listing rather than trying to read them all online.  In some ports it may be possible to book multiple excursions if there's adequate time between them.  If any excursions you want are waitlisted, have a plan B.

But the best advice I can give you is:  If you can't find or book what you want online, don't hesitate to call Regent.  Their reps are very helpful and they can often set things up (dining reservations especially) easier and quicker than we can online.  

I hope you enjoy your cruise...we don't get back out until January.  🙂

If you are going to Belize(harvest caye) and like gardening and cooking the spice farm tour is fantastic.  I have a home there and have taken friends and family many times.  Very interactive and an amazing variety of flora.  

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

If you are going to Belize(harvest caye) and like gardening and cooking the spice farm tour is fantastic.  I have a home there and have taken friends and family many times.  Very interactive and an amazing variety of flora.  

We did that tour this past January and we really enjoyed it.  The guides were funny and informative and being able to see, touch and taste all of the different items was pretty cool.  We especially liked chewing on the chocolate slime pods (not their real name, of course, but descriptive)  🙂

The lunch was good and we brought back some peppercorns and hot sauce that will really open your eyes...and sinuses.

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

We did that tour this past January and we really enjoyed it.  The guides were funny and informative and being able to see, touch and taste all of the different items was pretty cool.  We especially liked chewing on the chocolate slime pods (not their real name, of course, but descriptive)  🙂

The lunch was good and we brought back some peppercorns and hot sauce that will really open your eyes...and sinuses.

Marie sharps hot sauce!  You can get it at kroger and probably some other places in the US.  Lots of degrees of heat and varieties.  I have some of those cacao trees and pepper vines in my yard among other things!

• Like 1