LIVE The Oasis of the Seas 3/6-3/13/22

4 hours ago, D4 said:

I have also fallen and broken a wrist.

I buy slip resistant shoes that are made for nurses, restaurant workers, etc.  Those are the only shoes I bring on cruises because many floors are slick, plus people dribble drinks as they carry them.

I also wear slip resistant shoes at home often, such as when it is wet outside.

I’ve enjoyed your posts.  We’ll be on Oasis soon for a B2B.

Thanks for that tip, I finally have a non slip tub mat. Thank you 

for the kind words and I hope you have a great trip

• Thanks 1

I ate at Giovanni table tonight, will review tomorrow. I’m in my cabin and I’m going to read for the night. There are too many people to try to get into Cats with out a reservation. It’s been really hot and humid so it’s cool in my cabin.

I have had a lot of fun today, haven’t done much. But I haven’t had to cook or make my bed so I’m a happy camper.

See you all tomorrow and thanks for the many kind words. 
Night.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

It has the cruise compass and the room service menu. Guest services did not have any cruise compasses in print.

I think it’s terrible that they don’t have some printed cruise compasses at guest services.  I use an iphone but know that not everyone uses smartphones, especially older cruisers.  That’s not very inclusive of Royal.  I understand the goals of cost reduction and reducing waste, but they still should have some printed copies available.

I hope they aren’t still printing flyers for art auctions, shops, spa, etc! 😡

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, D4 said:

I think it’s terrible that they don’t have some printed cruise compasses at guest services.  I use an iphone but know that not everyone uses smartphones, especially older cruisers.  That’s not very inclusive of Royal.  I understand the goals of cost reduction and reducing waste, but they still should have some printed copies available.

I hope they aren’t still printing flyers for art auctions, shops, spa, etc! 😡

I was on the Jewel a few weeks ago and it was the first time I experienced a printed Cruise Compass absent in the stateroom upon my arrival. I thought, no big deal the overworked cabin steward must have forgotten, I'll go down to Guest Services area and take one from the shelves or ask Guest Services to give me one. Much to my surprise the shelves were empty with a sign to use the APP.  Stood in line at GS to ask for one and was told they weren't giving them out anymore and if I wanted I could look at their copy but I had to give it back. WTH, I thought, after much insistence on my part they finally gave in and gave me one. I felt like I had just won the lottery.

Talked to others that day who told me the trick was to request that a CC be delivered to the cabin daily. I did just that and got results. The takeaway is if you don't ask, you don't get. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

I ate at Giovanni table tonight, will review tomorrow. I’m in my cabin and I’m going to read for the night. There are too many people to try to get into Cats with out a reservation. It’s been really hot and humid so it’s cool in my cabin.

I have had a lot of fun today, haven’t done much. But I haven’t had to cook or make my bed so I’m a happy camper.

See you all tomorrow and thanks for the many kind words. 
Night.

Glad you are recuperating nicely from your fall. Looking forward to your Giovanni's Table review tomorrow. Have a good night. 💤

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was on the Jewel a few weeks ago and it was the first time I experienced a printed Cruise Compass absent in the stateroom upon my arrival. I thought, no big deal the overworked cabin steward must have forgotten, I'll go down to Guest Services area and take one from the shelves or ask Guest Services to give me one. Much to my surprise the shelves were empty with a sign to use the APP.  Stood in line at GS to ask for one and was told they weren't giving them out anymore and if I wanted I could look at their copy but I had to give it back. WTH, I thought, after much insistence on my part they finally gave in and gave me one. I felt like I had just won the lottery.

Talked to others that day who told me the trick was to request that a CC be delivered to the cabin daily. I did just that and got results. The takeaway is if you don't ask, you don't get. 

I’ll definitely ask.  I use an iphone but DH is a lot older and doesn’t use one.  He would be very upset if he didn’t have a printed copy.

Were they still delivering printed art auction, shop, and spa flyers?  I hate those!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, D4 said:

I’ll definitely ask.  I use an iphone but DH is a lot older and doesn’t use one.  He would be very upset if he didn’t have a printed copy.

Were they still delivering printed art auction, shop, and spa flyers?  I hate those!

Yes they were delivering all the printed Park West gallery auction invitations and other venue marketing materials to the stateroom. My cabin steward was wonderful and delivered a printed Cruise Compass daily after I asked. I guess the cabin stewards are under strict orders not to deliver printed CCs unless asked. I understand RCI is trying to wean people from the printed version and the goal is to transition to the APP,  but I like to have both to compare and what I found is there are often times discrepancies between the printed version and the APP.  There will be growing pains for sure until they're (and we are) able to fully transition to the APP but for now give me both please! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, D4 said:

@livingonthebeachThanks for the tips and information,

Ugh, It sucks that they are still wasting all the paper and ink on all those marketing flyers.  

True, I hear you. The problem is the APP is not exactly accurate nor does it have as much information as the printed version of the Cruise Compass. I'm sure it'll get there one day but in the meantime it should be our choice to get either or both. The strong push back on RCI's part with this is really strange. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Whenever I'm in my room I always put the do not disturb magnet on the door.  They should not come in your room if the sign is up. 

That works great - as long as my DH doesn’t accidentally put the magnet on the door with the WRONG SIDE FACING OUT, 🤣😂😱

@Maitaivegas, I’m glad to head that you were feeling better and had a good day today. Sorry you didn’t get to see CATS, though. Maybe if you keep trying on the app or at the box office you can get a reservation for an upcoming show. 

My story about walking and falling is that I’m no longer allowed to walk and take pictures at the same time. I was doing that on a land trip in the FL Panhandle back in 2012 when I fell over something I didn’t see because I was looking through my camera at the time. I broke my fall with my left arm extended straight out. I broke my left elbow, but the real damage was from the compression injuries caused by landing on my fully extended left arm. I’m fine now, but it took years for the damage caused by that fall to heal. I do not walk and take pictures any more, and also spend regular time in the gym to be sure I stay strong enough and stable enough to be able to walk around wherever I want to go.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

So quick update, I have seen kids under 12 not wearing masks. Spoke to an officer walking by and he stated “Per the CDC the unvaccinated adults and children do not have to wear masks”

And yes the risks are low for kids but they can give Covid to the immunosuppressant population.

I am not starting a mask debate, I’m just letting my friends here who love ones have immune issues know where RCI stands.

So this is the exact opposite of Royal's stated policy. This is the wording from their most current email.

Mask Guidance
Masks are optional for vaccinated guests and are expected for unvaccinated children. Masks will be required in Adventure Ocean, in the terminal, and may be required at various destinations. Guests under 2 years old don’t need a mask.

I wonder if you'd get the same answer from another person. That said, most of the 5-11 year old are vaccinated and probably won't be wearing a mask. If they're sailing under the 95% vaxxed guideline, with 4000 people only 200 could be unvaxxed. My daughter just turned 11 and she's been fully valued since mid January.

Glad to hear you're having a good time despite some bumpy moments. Vacation is all about doing what makes you happy and sometimes it's AC and a book in your room.😁

• Like 2

7 hours ago, perfect match said:

That works great - as long as my DH doesn’t accidentally put the magnet on the door with the WRONG SIDE FACING OUT, 🤣😂😱

@Maitaivegas, I’m glad to head that you were feeling better and had a good day today. Sorry you didn’t get to see CATS, though. Maybe if you keep trying on the app or at the box office you can get a reservation for an upcoming show. 

My story about walking and falling is that I’m no longer allowed to walk and take pictures at the same time. I was doing that on a land trip in the FL Panhandle back in 2012 when I fell over something I didn’t see because I was looking through my camera at the time. I broke my fall with my left arm extended straight out. I broke my left elbow, but the real damage was from the compression injuries caused by landing on my fully extended left arm. I’m fine now, but it took years for the damage caused by that fall to heal. I do not walk and take pictures any more, and also spend regular time in the gym to be sure I stay strong enough and stable enough to be able to walk around wherever I want to go.

Omg that was awful, and it take so long for a break to heal. I broke my wrist in 2 places but they were clean breaks so no pins needed.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, travelhound said:

So this is the exact opposite of Royal's stated policy. This is the wording from their most current email.

Mask Guidance
Masks are optional for vaccinated guests and are expected for unvaccinated children. Masks will be required in Adventure Ocean, in the terminal, and may be required at various destinations. Guests under 2 years old don’t need a mask.

I wonder if you'd get the same answer from another person. That said, most of the 5-11 year old are vaccinated and probably won't be wearing a mask. If they're sailing under the 95% vaxxed guideline, with 4000 people only 200 could be unvaxxed. My daughter just turned 11 and she's been fully valued since mid January.

Glad to hear you're having a good time despite some bumpy moments. Vacation is all about doing what makes you happy and sometimes it's AC and a book in your room.😁

So I asked an officer so I’m assuming he is giving the co line.

It’s been so hot and humid, like 76-80% humid the indoor spaces are not cool. The cabins are not cold but bearable.

I wanted to go into Cozumel but it was too humid and UV index was 9 out of 10.

Thanks for the warm wishes.

Day 5   3/10/22
Hello I am back.

Thank you all for the warm wishes. My calf’s are killing me from all my walking.

I think I might actually loose weight on this cruise since I’m not over eating.

It makes me sad because I really was looking forward to great desserts but we’ll you know .

So back to my trip report.

Had dinner last night at Giovanni’s table. First the positive  part- my waiter from Indonesia’s introduced himself as an Italian from Indonesia, fake accent and all. Told him couldn’t decide between 2 wines, he immediately said one of them and then said they are out of the other wine.

He was very nice and funny. I believe this restaurant was short staffed since the waiters were literally running back to the kitchen. Poor guys.

So I ordered the soup of the day to start, Not good.

Ordered the fillet and a side of the pasta with the meat ragu.

The fillet was good not great and the meat sauce on the pasta was great. 
I sat and waited for my entree, it took 40 min to get to the table even though I had 530 reservations. The tiramisu was good.

Im currently at the pool will post with drinks soon

• Like 2

Sorry for my rant-

What frustrates me due to this staff shortage is the lack of places to eat at lunch when I’m port.

I lit can eat at the buffet or park cafe. El loco doesn’t open till 2pm, playmakers at 230pm, Johnny Rockets not till 3pm.

I guess I will eat at buffet, it’s hard to move around inside with my rollator.

stay tuned for pics and thanks for reading 

• Like 4