Behind the Scenes Tour and Dinner with Officers

Heronymous

1 hour ago, snorklinbarb said:

Have been on several cruises since restart and no Wines Around the World on any of them yet but hopeful they will have that back plus Dinner w/officers and Latitudes parties.  Has any Diamond/Ambassador heard anything about the new perk Mixology class or seen that offered yet?  Or is that what you mean by cocktail class?  I thought it was a custom wine making?

We attended the Sail & Sustain Mixology Experience couple weeks ago.  There are 8 drinks to sample with a card in front of them listing the ingredients.  The bartenders explain and show you the different leftover food that the drinks are made from.  I was surprised how good they all tasted.  At the end they offered us a full glass of our favorite one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I highly doubt it was phrased in the manner presented.

Actually, pretty close to the response I got when I asked on the Dawn last month.  Fast forward to the Star last week when the CN manager bent over backwards to do everything he could for me.  OBC, reprice (including category upgrades) to existing bookings...

1 hour ago, BSR said:

We attended the Sail & Sustain Mixology Experience couple weeks ago.  There are 8 drinks to sample with a card in front of them listing the ingredients.  The bartenders explain and show you the different leftover food that the drinks are made from.  I was surprised how good they all tasted.  At the end they offered us a full glass of our favorite one.

In that case I'll say all 8 were my favorite, and see if I get 8 full glasses.😁

• Haha 2

On 8/20/2022 at 4:48 PM, julig22 said:

Actually, pretty close to the response I got when I asked on the Dawn last month.  Fast forward to the Star last week when the CN manager bent over backwards to do everything he could for me.  OBC, reprice (including category upgrades) to existing bookings...

So who was the CN Manager on the Star ???  I want to give him an ATTABOY !!!  Conversely, the CN guy on the Dawn deserves a frowny face.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 8:40 PM, itsnotjustme said:

As Platinum, my wife and I recently received $25 each OBC for the cancelled wine tasting and behind the scenes tour. 

Maybe when I hit Saphire (next year) the credit will grow!

So we sailed on the Dawn in late August.  The CN manager said there is no on-board credit because they do offer the wine tasting.  When I asked about the behind the scenes tour, he said almost verbatim:  "The reason for the OBC was very poorly communicated.  It was not at all for the behind the scenes tour, but purely for the wine tasting.  We are offering the wine tasting."

Two comments:

1) A wine tasting when you have open bar is not worth $25 each.

2) This poor communication was by NCL, not the passengers.

Don't take me as just whining.  I enjoy cruising with NCL and will continue to do so despite this minor point.  But I agree with others NCL should stop advertising perks they do not provide.

• Like 1