How to curtail the cruise and disembark early?

keeven2

I booked a MSC cruise at end of a school holiday, now it looks like we need to disembark one day earlier and go home due to other arrangement. So is it ok that when we are onboard we inform the ship reception to clear the bills and walk off one day earlier? 

TIA.

1 hour ago, keeven2 said:

It is in Europe, Mediterranean. Not a round trip though, the start and finish ports are different. I wonder if the reception will refuse to produce the bill one day earlier

we have done this twice without any issues.   disembarked Barcelona as its nearer to where we live,  we just let  reception know the day before

3 hours ago, keeven2 said:

I booked a MSC cruise at end of a school holiday, now it looks like we need to disembark one day earlier and go home due to other arrangement. So is it ok that when we are onboard we inform the ship reception to clear the bills and walk off one day earlier? 

TIA.

Right now during covid, I have received a no from MSC in UAE, would rather get off in Doha to catch Qatar back to USA.

NCL, no to getting off in Vietnam for an Asia cruise

Princess, no getting off in Bermuda for a TA

If you live in that country it may be a different story

7 hours ago, keeven2 said:

TIA.

Not without prior arrangement, which may or not be granted! 😉

Not 

11 hours ago, keeven2 said:

TIA.

Not a problem in the Western Med with two Schengen ports, just need to do exactly what you write. You can ignore all the info about cases outside Schengen where early disembarkation was not granted, not relevant for you. 

Last August my wife and I disembarked off MSC Seaview in Tallinn, Estonia. After that port the ship was headed for a day at sea, a port in Germany and then back to the embarkation port, Kiel, Germany. Basically, we sailed for 4 out of the 7 nights. We informed Reception the night prior to getting off the ship and there were no issues.  We did have to sign a document that we were voluntarily ending the cruise early and that we expected no compensation. I think that since both Germany and Estonia are in the EU, there were no issues since there are no internal borders. So I think the answer for you depends on where you embarked and where you intend to disembark early.

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2022 at 11:32 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Last August my wife and I disembarked off MSC Seaview in Tallinn, Estonia. After that port the ship was headed for a day at sea, a port in Germany and then back to the embarkation port, Kiel, Germany. Basically, we sailed for 4 out of the 7 nights. We informed Reception the night prior to getting off the ship and there were no issues.  We did have to sign a document that we were voluntarily ending the cruise early and that we expected no compensation. I think that since both Germany and Estonia are in the EU, there were no issues since there are no internal borders. So I think the answer for you depends on where you embarked and where you intend to disembark early.

Thank you for this.  Although you expected nor received compensation, were you still obliged to pay the Hotel charge/service fees/gratuities for the days that you were not there?  Thank you

23 minutes ago, sg1812 said:

Thank you for this.  Although you expected nor received compensation, were you still obliged to pay the Hotel charge/service fees/gratuities for the days that you were not there?  Thank you

No, the shipboard account gets closed on the day one disembarks the ship. There are no further service charges/gratuities added.

2 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

No, the shipboard account gets closed on the day one disembarks the ship. There are no further service charges/gratuities added.

Thank you