Testing Place in London for Pre-Cruise

nini

We will arrive in London on May 6th, 2022 an Princess says we will need to test 2 or 3 days before boarding the ship on May 9th. The recent information says:

Antigen Test 2 Days before boarding

PCR Test 3 days before boarding

Where can we have this done in London? Previously, Princess said that THEY would test at the port. Bummer. Actually, their website says details for non-USA cruise coming soon, so maybe they will test at the port.

4 hours ago, nini said:

We will arrive in London on May 6th, 2022 an Princess says we will need to test 2 or 3 days before boarding the ship on May 9th. The recent information says:

Antigen Test 2 Days before boarding

PCR Test 3 days before boarding

Where can we have this done in London? Previously, Princess said that THEY would test at the port. Bummer. Actually, their website says details for non-USA cruise coming soon, so maybe they will test at the port.

We have the same issue for May 21.  We will have to take a Covid test before our flight, then arrive London May 19.  I am hopeful the testing will still be available at the Southampton Port before boarding.  

3 minutes ago, Mikel1733 said:

We have the same issue for May 21.  We will have to take a Covid test before our flight, then arrive London May 19.  I am hopeful the testing will still be available at the Southampton Port before boarding.  

As far as I know, we do not need to test to fly to London.

Below is a site where you are able to find Covid tests providers.  I plan to use one near Leicester Square where an antigen test can be taken.  No test is required to enter the UK.  However, the Person Locator Form, as of today, still needs to be completed within 24 hours of arrival.

https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider

44 minutes ago, PhilbeachTraveller said:

I'm going on Princess from Southampton at the end of this month. Princess will test us at the terminal before we board. That's all we have to do. We may have to test on the ship for some ports, but they will let us know. 

Great news.  Hope  Celebrity follows.

1 hour ago, PhilbeachTraveller said:

I'm going on Princess from Southampton at the end of this month. Princess will test us at the terminal before we board. That's all we have to do. We may have to test on the ship for some ports, but they will let us know. 

However, you already live in England. The current (USA only) Princess cruises state that you need to test 3 days before boarding and then they will test you again before boarding. We are all anxiously awaiting the International protocols from Princess.

However, maybe what you said is a great indication that we need not worry about testing 3 days ahead.

41 minutes ago, ncgolferette said:

All the labs I have looked at are open on weekends.  There shouldn’t be a problem. 

I looked at a list that was about 3 miles long and found one place open on a weekend- "Church House". That was the only one I found. Can you suggest somewhere for a tourist?

9 hours ago, nini said:

I looked at a list that was about 3 miles long and found one place open on a weekend- "Church House". That was the only one I found. Can you suggest somewhere for a tourist?

There are any number, but the government list is hopeless!

Two well known testing firms are Express Test and Randox. Or look at DocTap (a chain of general practitioner doctors) or the large pharmacy chain, Boots. All will have central London locations open 7 days a week. 

I very much doubt that Princess will require anyone to test in the three days prior to cruises departing from the UK.

They most likely will do as they did last year. Free tests, done at the terminal prior to boarding.

Absolutely no need to worry about finding test sites in London .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phabric said:

Arriving May 27 and cruise May 28.  Hoping Princess does testing at the dock and Britain does away with Locator form.

I think you can be sure that testing will be done at the pier, and the PLF should have gone by the time of your cruise, but it us no big deal to complete.

Much easier to come to the UK than the US these days !

On 3/9/2022 at 5:19 PM, Mikel1733 said:

Where does it say testing needs to occur on the princess site?  I can't find the testing requirement for my May 1st cruise?

4 hours ago, paul28 said:

Where does it say testing needs to occur on the princess site?  I can't find the testing requirement for my May 1st cruise?

The International protocols are not yet issued. They are taking their sweet time. Princess needs to understand that planning is involved.

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

I very much doubt that Princess will require anyone to test in the three days prior to cruises departing from the UK.

They most likely will do as they did last year. Free tests, done at the terminal prior to boarding.

I love your positive and encouraging attitude. Thanks @wowzz!

On 3/11/2022 at 5:44 AM, wowzz said:

Princess has now issued their protocols for the UK sailings. I am very disappointed in Princess as before, they would offer the test for free before boarding. Now, the policy is to test 3 days before boarding. You can test at the port but Princess will NOT pay for it. At least, it is only one test now. I so very much appreciate the UK becoming more travel friendly!!!

Thank you to all who listed the places to go in London for testing!We are staying in East London, close to the Farringdon station.