IT'S TIME FOR MORE OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK

morpheusofthesea

Been reading so many doom and gloom postings from the decks of the MSC ships plying from the ports of South Florida. Our interest is still with the Seashore, but interested in comparing details from one ship to the other. Passed two important hurdles to board, paying the balance off and passing the 48 hr test. Hopefully reports of no testing at the port hold true for Saturday March 19,2022, for fully vaxxed passengers. Booked our cabin on January 28, 2021 more than a year ago. Not had any problem with cabin or pricing. TA had problems getting bookings turned over to her, took months (about one year). She was quite upset dealing with MSC and tried to dissuade us from sailing with them. We told her that MSC has a very, very good product in their Yacht Club, that really isn't matched for the price that other lines are offering. In January 2022 we called her up to book MSC's new Explora Journey's on the soon to be built Explora 1 for December 2023. She was 'blown away' by how responsive MSC's new Explora Journey's was to her on the phone compared to what she is used to experience. Obviously, MSC is putting their best and brightest in Yacht Club type venues. So our observations will be mainly focused on the Yacht Club. We will venture out of the YC to corroborate recent postings.

• Like 1

You should have a great time.  I think with YC you will avoid embarkation and buffet issues.  Those were the only major ones for us.

Also, even my 10 year old vaxxed was not tested at port for onboarding last Saturday.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Been reading so many doom and gloom postings from the decks of the MSC ships plying from the ports of South Florida. Our interest is still with the Seashore, but interested in comparing details from one ship to the other. Passed two important hurdles to board, paying the balance off and passing the 48 hr test. Hopefully reports of no testing at the port hold true for Saturday March 19,2022, for fully vaxxed passengers. Booked our cabin on January 28, 2021 more than a year ago. Not had any problem with cabin or pricing. TA had problems getting bookings turned over to her, took months (about one year). She was quite upset dealing with MSC and tried to dissuade us from sailing with them. We told her that MSC has a very, very good product in their Yacht Club, that really isn't matched for the price that other lines are offering. In January 2022 we called her up to book MSC's new Explora Journey's on the soon to be built Explora 1 for December 2023. She was 'blown away' by how responsive MSC's new Explora Journey's was to her on the phone compared to what she is used to experience. Obviously, MSC is putting their best and brightest in Yacht Club type venues. So our observations will be mainly focused on the Yacht Club. We will venture out of the YC to corroborate recent postings.

We passed the 48 hour test as well. See you on board sir. 

Actually got a text from MSC last night informing me that my boarding time was moved up to 10:30 from noon. Not that it mattered as we're in YC. Never received a text from them before. 

• Thanks 1

In these hours prior to boarding any cruise ship, true connoisseurs of the 'suite life' must mentally prepare themselves not to miss any moment of the coming week. The practice is called "mindfulness". "Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us." Time does actually fly by 'faster than a speeding bullet' while on a cruise and it is imperative that we are mindful of these fleeting moments. Get up early, go to bed late. If it looks good, eat it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still dont get why some people are so bothered by the thought of testing at the terminal prior to boarding. I certainly dont plan to debate the topic here as people have done it extensively already. Just seeing the negative comments about it just makes me smh. But, complaining has definitely increased recently. It's nearly a hobby for some people. So, I've selected to not read these forums as much. It's kind of sad seeing so much negativity when it comes to something that's a privilege and a choice, not a necessity in order to survive. Hope everyone makes the best of their cruise opportunities. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, fish_guru said:

We passed the 48 hour test as well. See you on board sir. 

Actually got a text from MSC last night informing me that my boarding time was moved up to 10:30 from noon. Not that it mattered as we're in YC. Never received a text from them before. 

The changes in notice to boarding times has been a common thing since the restart.  We had two trips,  with one time on website (one actually after ship left and others had same thing), then email with different time, then text about four days out with another time.  Have not seen any reports about YC getting denied if early.

Have a great trip.

Hope your right about testing! Since I done a lot of tests the last month and three only the last week I think I damage my nose permanently 😅 

About boarding time me got text moving us from 10.00 to 14.30 🤔

See you onboard tomorrow! 🛳 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Svealise said:

Hope your right about testing! Since I done a lot of tests the last month and three only the last week I think I damage my nose permanently 😅 

About boarding time me got text moving us from 10.00 to 14.30 🤔

See you onboard tomorrow! 🛳 

Just show up when you want. We had a 3:30, showed up at 11 and no one asked or checked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

Just show up when you want. We had a 3:30, showed up at 11 and no one asked or checked.

Since we’re checking out of the holiday apartment at 10 we go to the port then and hope for the best. 🤞🏻

19 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I hope supply issues don't interrupt your enjoyment.

On Seaview right now on YC.

Shortages on several things surprised us.

I inquired about that as I know many of the Florida based ships are having issues with the doubling or tripling of passenger counts.

Was told that going forward they will increase counts but the supplies are not going to catch up quite yet.

Seems stupid to me then. It's purely a money grab and it will take some time to bring staffing and supplies up.

When we were on Seashore YC in December our biggest issue was the terminal changes.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

In January 2022 we called her up to book MSC's new Explora Journey's on the soon to be built Explora 1 for December 2023. She was 'blown away' by how responsive MSC's new Explora Journey's was to her on the phone compared to what she is used to experience.

Even though I don't think that Explora Journeys is the right fit for my family, the Yacht Club staff did seem to encourage me to take a closer look. I'm looking forward to some reviews from "real" people in the future. I don't really have any info to contribute but I will be lurking on the forum. I priced a 9 night cruise that could be done for a decent price. It would be a smaller room than the RS on Seashore but I expect the service to be above Yacht Club. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

When we were on Seashore YC in December our biggest issue was the terminal changes.

Yes, indeed. You were kind enough to answer my questions some months ago on that parking situation vs what terminal or garage to use. Either garage G IF we return to Terminal F, OR your recommendation where you parked, the open air parking lot closer to Terminal C. So my first question when we pulled up to the YC tent tops to the YC gentleman at the YC table was "Where will the Seashore be coming back to? This Terminal F or Terminal C ?" He said most definitely Terminal F, so we parked in Garage G which was 10 minute from Customs to car. Now Celebrity had the same problem with the Equinox leaving from Terminal 25 in Port Everglades and returning to Terminal 27 which was 1 1/4 miles away from their parking garage, but they supplied about 3 complimentary shuttlebuses to cart us to parking garage. Did MSC provide any shuttlebuses in your event?

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes, indeed. You were kind enough to answer my questions some months ago on that parking situation vs what terminal or garage to use. Either garage G IF we return to Terminal F, OR your recommendation where you parked, the open air parking lot closer to Terminal C. So my first question when we pulled up to the YC tent tops to the YC gentleman at the YC table was "Where will the Seashore be coming back to? This Terminal F or Terminal C ?" He said most definitely Terminal F, so we parked in Garage G which was 10 minute from Customs to car. Now Celebrity had the same problem with the Equinox leaving from Terminal 25 in Port Everglades and returning to Terminal 27 which was 1 1/4 miles away from their parking garage, but they supplied about 3 complimentary shuttlebuses to cart us to parking garage. Did MSC provide any shuttlebuses in your event?

Yes they had bus's. Only left when full.

But if you want to hedge it ,there is an open air lot right between them so either way your centralized.

We took these 2 photos from our cabin balcony on board the Seashore Feb 2022 sailing. Our cabin was on deck 19 over the Bridge of the ship in the very front of the ship. The building down below is Terminal F.  In the first photo is a 4 story building across the street Garage G. The  second photo is the open air parking lot where mscdivina2016 parked with all the trees across the street.

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg