platinum 50% off internet question

willtup5

We have the princess plus package that includes unlimited internet for 1 device for 2. How does the platinum 50% off benefit work for this? Would there be an OBC applied, or would the discount only be useful if we moved up to the 4 device plan? 

Thanks in advance for your input

David

You get 50% off of the $9.95 per day charge.

I have a cruise in November (10 nights) and the upcharge for me $50 (regular price  would be $99.95). 

When I try to purchase, via the app, the only choice I am given is to pay in advance and I cannot see the ability to use available OBC (I have refer-a-friend and Shareholders OBC).  

As far as I know, you don't get a discount if you have internet through the plus package. You get the discount if you don't buy the plus packaging and purchase internet separately. We had plus back in November, and I neither expected nor received an OBC credit on internet. Don't know how it works if you upgrade to 4 devices.

Edited by Sea Hag
  • Like 2

The discount does not apply to the 1 device included with Princess Plus but it would apply if you decided to upgrade to 4 device plan.

The Medallion App has been updated to allow you to purchase the WiFi for a single device or upgrade to 4 device plan and get the 50& Platinum or Elite discount. 

if you purchase through the app you pay at the time of purchase. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:22 PM, Valiamo said:

You get 50% off of the $9.95 per day charge.

I have a cruise in November (10 nights) and the upcharge for me $50 (regular price  would be $99.95). 

When I try to purchase, via the app, the only choice I am given is to pay in advance and I cannot see the ability to use available OBC (I have refer-a-friend and Shareholders OBC).  

If you want to use OBC, you can purchase on board. You'll still get the 50% off, but the package price will be higher. I usually do this, since I have more OBC than I can spend. I usually wait to buy the wifi package until the second day of the cruise or later, depending on which ports I can get data or easy wifi at.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:37 PM, rj59 said:

If you want to use OBC, you can purchase on board. You'll still get the 50% off, but the package price will be higher. I usually do this, since I have more OBC than I can spend. I usually wait to buy the wifi package until the second day of the cruise or later, depending on which ports I can get data or easy wifi at.

I have more OBC than I can spend, but not enough for the darling wife LOL!.    Thanks for the advice.  We will see if we can do with the 1 device each we have already.

11 hours ago, cdrmer said:

We also have the Plus package for both of us. Husband has a "smart phone" but I do not. If I want to use a desk top in the internet cafe will I be charged?

No.  basically, you can have 1 device (each) signed into the Internet at a time (with the plus package).  If you go to the internet café and sign in using your account. It will sign your device out and you can use the internet terminals there.  Once you sign out there, you can then re-sign your device back onto the network. 

On 3/20/2022 at 8:37 PM, rj59 said:

Does anyone know if this is a for sure.   Because I thought on the very 1st boarding day only , they will give you the same package price for the internet that is on the App..   Maybe for people that could not get into the App. to still get the same  deal .   That way we could use our OBC. 
I am really hoping for a for sure answer from someone that actually did sign up on embarkation day & was told you could not get the same App. price.

Thanks