Grand Dutch cafe open for lunch on Embarkation Day?

DaveOKC

14 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

If so, what time?  On the Koningsdam.

I believe it would be open from 7am because they are likely going to have some in transits.  It was open at 7am on my 2 cruises from that I left on Sunday.  Now, I'm not sure what time you could start having lunch.  I never got down there before 11:30 and didn't do it when I embarked because it was later than that.  I think I ate there 2 times at lunch and there might have been only one or two people there.  This was on port days so take that for what it's worth.  

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

The Grand Dutch Cafe opens at 7:00 AM on Embarkation Day and closes at 10:00 PM.  Lunch is available at 11:30 AM,

Great spot for Embarkation Day lunch:  Pea soup, ham & cheese sandwich, and a few almond cookies.

Grand Dutch Cafe Menu

The menu states they're open from 11:30 to 8. Is it open earlier for just coffee?

5 hours ago, Crew News said:

Great spot for Embarkation Day lunch:  Pea soup, ham & cheese sandwich, and a few almond cookies.

Agree with the three items you listed.  For me, Bitterballen is a special favorite.  Tried The Utismijter once, but, it's a better breakfast item than at any other time of the day.  And, even then, if one is going on a shore excursion, I would not recommend it.  Shall I say it was "heavy"?  

21 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Agree with the three items you listed.  For me, Bitterballen is a special favorite.  Tried The Utismijter once, but, it's a better breakfast item than at any other time of the day.  And, even then, if one is going on a shore excursion, I would not recommend it.  Shall I say it was "heavy"?  

I enjoy the bitterballen as well.  Unfortunately they only serve it from 4:30 to 8.  I decided on my last cruise to go get some about 4:45 an skip the appetizer at dinner as I usually eat around 6.

• Like 1

Just now, Florida_gal_50 said:

I enjoy the bitterballen as well.  Unfortunately they only serve it from 4:30 to 8.  I decided on my last cruise to go get some about 4:45 an skip the appetizer at dinner as I usually eat around 6.

Why is this treat only available during such a limited time period?  Your practice is one that I must remember.  I usually dine in second sitting, but, doing what you do would work for me.  ( But, then, will I have the willpower to not order an appetizer at dinner?)

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Why is this treat only available during such a limited time period?  Your practice is one that I must remember.  I usually dine in second sitting, but, doing what you do would work for me.  ( But, then, will I have the willpower to not order an appetizer at dinner?)

You have to hope the appetizers are not good that night 😛.  When you order them she said you get 5.  I said no, please just give me 3.  They were yummy and hot.  Sent a picture to my Dutch friend to make him jealous.  They were so good!

• Like 1