Miami Hotel Question

TerReuv

We are cruising in October out of Miami - first time cruising from there.  We are driving in the day before and have narrowed it down to three.  I can get most answers from the websites, but we like to have a good free breakfast before we leave to board the ship.  Can anyone tell me about the free breakfast at the Homewood Suites Miami Brickell Downtown, Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell Downtown & Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Wynwood Design District?  I figure the two Hamptons will be the same, but never know.  Also, any thoughts on the surrounding areas for each?

Thanks!

Hamptons will be free breakfast, DoubleTree will not. Are you Hilton Diamond?

Hampton Brickell is one of the best Hamptons I have stayed in, and am about to make Lifetime Diamond. It is in a great neighborhood for restaurants, and very close to tons of public transit for going most places (but not the port), as well as getting there from the airport.

I would say the Brickell breakfast was above average, comparing to other Hamptons I have stayed in.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, but it's not free...even, in most cases, for Hilton elites.

I've never been at a Homewood Suites that didn't include a free hot breakfast and almost all had an included evening event 3-4 nights a week.

• Like 2

Check out EB Hotel. We drive, leave our car there and have stayed their twice. Their rooms are amazing! The breakfast the next day is free with the Park, Stay, Cruise package. It is an order off the menu breakfast….not a buffet. Read the Reviews on Trip Advisor. HIGHLY recommend, especially for those that would like to leave their car. A ride to the port is ALSO included in this package.

• Like 1

Thanks all!  All your answers were a big help.  I have noticed that the prices are getting higher the longer we wait to book (we're cruising in October), so I figured we needed to book to not have to pay higher. 

2 minutes ago, TerReuv said:

Thanks all!  All your answers were a big help.  I have noticed that the prices are getting higher the longer we wait to book (we're cruising in October), so I figured we needed to book to not have to pay higher. 

Do not be tempted by a lower rate to book a room you can't change or cancel. Book a fully cancellable rate. At a national chain that usually means you can cancel without penalty up to 24 hours before. Then keep checking rates as the day gets nearer. They may drop between now and then.

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Do not be tempted by a lower rate to book a room you can't change or cancel. Book a fully cancellable rate. At a national chain that usually means you can cancel without penalty up to 24 hours before. Then keep checking rates as the day gets nearer. They may drop between now and then.

That is what I usually do. It gives me the option, but the changes from just 4 months ago is pretty big.  Also, if I look for more than one room on some sites there isn't availability.  Was looking to see about getting a group rate for our FB page.  One lady told me that there was some convention there in October.

38 minutes ago, Noxequifans said:

We don't focus on the free breakfast. Important to us is the availability of a varied and quality meal. That said, the total cost of the stay plus breakfast is a consideration. 

I get it.  I look at the total cost too, but we prefer to have a good free breakfast without having to go anywhere but to the port on the embark day. To each their own!