Cabin re-allocation. Arcadia 1st May Baltic Cruise

arlowood

Just received an email from P&O yesterday to inform me that as a result of safety protocols they are having to take a number of cabins out of service.

They are currently in the process of re-allocating cabins and we will be informed shortly if our original booking has been affected by this process.

We are assured that any change will involve a cabin of the same grade or higher and there will be no additional charge if we are allocated a higher grade cabin.

Anyone else on the Arcadia 1st May cruise received a similar email?

We are always careful to choose a cabin that is away from potential disturbance as we have been caught out on a previous cruise with a cabin directly below the the Belvedere self-service restaurant. We had several broken nights due to noise from above at around 5am as preparations were made for breakfast. I certainly will not be happy if we end up in a similar situation but it seems from the email that it is a "take-it-or-leave-it" situation.

2 hours ago, arlowood said:

Just received an email from P&O yesterday to inform me that as a result of safety protocols they are having to take a number of cabins out of service.

They are currently in the process of re-allocating cabins and we will be informed shortly if our original booking has been affected by this process.

We are assured that any change will involve a cabin of the same grade or higher and there will be no additional charge if we are allocated a higher grade cabin.

Anyone else on the Arcadia 1st May cruise received a similar email?

We are always careful to choose a cabin that is away from potential disturbance as we have been caught out on a previous cruise with a cabin directly below the the Belvedere self-service restaurant. We had several broken nights due to noise from above at around 5am as preparations were made for breakfast. I certainly will not be happy if we end up in a similar situation but it seems from the email that it is a "take-it-or-leave-it" situation.

If its any help to you, we received a similar email for our 13 April Aurora cruise 6 weeks before sail date. I don't what definition of "shortly" P&O use, but we have had no further communication from them to tell us our cabin reallocation and what compensation (if any) they are offering. However, we have now had an email saying online check-in has opened. We opened that up, looked at our e-ticket and lo and behold there were the details of the new cabin. So that might be one way to find out.

1 hour ago, PenrithRambler said:

If its any help to you, we received a similar email for our 13 April Aurora cruise 6 weeks before sail date. I don't what definition of "shortly" P&O use, but we have had no further communication from them to tell us our cabin reallocation and what compensation (if any) they are offering. However, we have now had an email saying online check-in has opened. We opened that up, looked at our e-ticket and lo and behold there were the details of the new cabin. So that might be one way to find out.

Hi there

Tks for the heads up. I will log in to MyP&OCruises and check if the cabin has been changed.

EDIT:- Just checked and the E-tickets won't be available until around 10th April - 3 weeks before we sail.

Edited by arlowood

47 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Hi there

Tks for the heads up. I will log in to MyP&OCruises and check if the cabin has been changed.

EDIT:- Just checked and the E-tickets won't be available until around 10th April - 3 weeks before we sail.

Try "Before you Sail" then "Life on Board"

16 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

That never works for me.  If the above does not work, another option is to go to the pay your cruise page on the main website, even if you have paid your final balance it should say your cabin number.  Tried that this morning to check if we still have the same cabin for Iona end of May.

22 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

4 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

That never works for me.  If the above does not work, another option is to go to the pay your cruise page on the main website, even if you have paid your final balance it should say your cabin number.  Tried that this morning to check if we still have the same cabin for Iona end of May.

Maybe it only works if you are a direct client and not through an agent. 

Just realised that if you are paying your balance online you would be a direct client.

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 1

I've had the same email, but because we are in a suite we are actually being downgraded 😞 So have asked T/A to find out what to. So we can make a decision as there are only balcony cabins left so doubt if we will get another suite. we can cancel free of charge in our email if we want to. Our sailing date is 28th on Azura and we are due to fly out 2 days beforehand to Malta so not impressed at this late stage not knowing where our cabin is and also the compensation and also refund for accepting a lower grade cabin, not happy about it all!

Edited by TAD520

1 minute ago, TAD520 said:

I've had the same email, but because we are in a suite we are actually being downgraded 😞 So have asked T/A to find out what to. so we can make a decision as there are only balcony cabins left so doubt if we will get another suite. we cna cancel free of charge in our email if we want to. Our sailing date is 28th on Azura and we are due to fly out 2 days beforehand to Malta so not impressed at this late stage not knowing where our cabin is and also the compensation and also refund for accepting a lower grade cabin, not happy about it all!

No mention of any refund possibility in my email or for that matter any suggestion of compensation. There may be something in the missive that confirms our cabin change. We are in a DeLuxe balcony so probably potential to stay the same or be upgraded.

1 minute ago, arlowood said:

No mention of any refund possibility in my email or for that matter any suggestion of compensation. There may be something in the missive that confirms our cabin change. We are in a DeLuxe balcony so probably potential to stay the same or be upgraded.

I think in your case you will probably stay in the same grade of cabin by the sounds then, so that is good. We normally do a balcony but as we've not cruised since 2019 decided to "push the boat out" but not going to happen obviously now!

37 minutes ago, TAD520 said:

I've had the same email, but because we are in a suite we are actually being downgraded 😞 So have asked T/A to find out what to. So we can make a decision as there are only balcony cabins left so doubt if we will get another suite. we can cancel free of charge in our email if we want to. Our sailing date is 28th on Azura and we are due to fly out 2 days beforehand to Malta so not impressed at this late stage not knowing where our cabin is and also the compensation and also refund for accepting a lower grade cabin, not happy about it all!

Oh no! what what suite number please .. not heard yet

5 hours ago, mickey1959 said:

Forward of aft lifts I believe.

I wonder why they are forward of the aft lifts and not aft of the aft lifts. That means in the middle of each deck so anyone in a cabin aft of the aft lifts can only use the aft lifts. How strange plus there are a lot of inside cabins that presumably won’t be used . 

34 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I wonder why they are forward of the aft lifts and not aft of the aft lifts. That means in the middle of each deck so anyone in a cabin aft of the aft lifts can only use the aft lifts. How strange plus there are a lot of inside cabins that presumably won’t be used . 

In order that there will be some Disabled Cabins for quarantine

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

The location of the quarantine cabins is determined by the number of accessible cabins in that location. So I assume there are not enough aft of the aft lifts.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The location of the quarantine cabins is determined by the number of accessible cabins in that location. So I assume there are not enough aft of the aft lifts.

They can sell the inside cabins in aft, there is none in mid aft on C deck anyway.