Pre-cruise Covid Test - which vendor or method you used

seapad

We are going on the Seashore in April. Planning to purchase the Covid test kits doing the proctored EMED test. Wondering what everyone else has been doing? 

Just to see if there are better or more price efficient options.

By the way, where I live, the local pharmacies do not offer rapid antigen test, so that is not an option for me.

Thanks, 

9 minutes ago, seapad said:

We are going on the Seashore in April. Planning to purchase the Covid test kits doing the proctored EMED test. Wondering what everyone else has been doing? 

By the way, where I live, the local pharmacies do not offer rapid antigen test, so that is not an option for me.

Thanks, 

My eMed kits just came today. I ordered for the same reason. The local pharmacies around me don’t offer rapid test results. I’m not sure if the availability is low as they were available this past winter.  We are driving down to Miami and I don’t have time calling urgent cares and labs in hopes of finding rapid tests. I gave up after one urgent care told me that testing for travel does not qualify for the rapid testing. This was the easiest option to me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paceyswife said:

My eMed kits just came today. I ordered for the same reason. The local pharmacies around me don’t offer rapid test results. I’m not sure if the availability is low as they were available this past winter.  We are driving down to Miami and I don’t have time calling urgent cares and labs in hopes of finding rapid tests. I gave up after one urgent care told me that testing for travel does not qualify for the rapid testing. This was the easiest option to me. 

May I ask what's the expiration for your kits?

14 hours ago, seapad said:

Thanks, 

I've used the Emed tests for my last 3 cruises. No problems at all. I order the 6 pack, which works out to approx $30 per test (with shipping). 

15 hours ago, seapad said:

Thanks, 

eMed, eMed, eMed all the way.   September, February, and again in 3 days!  So easy.   You can also use it  for more than four different people.  You just add a new person in the app.  My 6 kits I got the other day expire  next January I believe. 

I have called MSC customer service and asked if we can do Rapid NAAT and they told me that does not qualify.  Only PCR and antigen test.  I have used NAAT test on Royal Caribbean in February 2022 without any problem.  Does anyone know for sure?  I have checked MSC website and they only mention PCR and antigen test.

1 hour ago, Love2Snorkle said:

I have called MSC customer service and asked if we can do Rapid NAAT and they told me that does not qualify.  Only PCR and antigen test.  I have used NAAT test on Royal Caribbean in February 2022 without any problem.  Does anyone know for sure?  I have checked MSC website and they only mention PCR and antigen test.

This is what the MSC website says under the FAQ section, NAAT is accepted. Also, per Two Wheels Only, he's done it and accepted too. 

Tests must be taken with an accredited test provider, such as a drugstore chain, diagnostic lab, or accredited at-home telehealth provider. Guests will be required to show their negative test results upon arriving at the pier. The results can be printed out or can be presented on your phone, such as the email result from your test provider. Test results will need to clearly show the type of test (Antigen, RT-PCR, or NAAT), testing location/provider’s name, a negative result, the guest’s name, and the date and time the test was taken. Costs associated with this test are the guests' responsibility.

Thank you for letting me know.

MSC rep told me I should cancel my cruise for next week since NAAT does not qualify.  They will not give me refund or credit towards next cruise.  Either MSC customer service is terrible or they don't want you to cruise with MSC.