OASIS OF THE SEAS BOARDWALK BALCONY - DECK 11

Would like to book this, Deck 11 as we can see the aqua show and ocean from here.  My boyfriend and I are up until at least 12 p.m. the earliest. I am told the room is very noisy due to the boardwalk activity, people in general, late night dancing and zip line and people are not happy with this room selection.  Should we be concerned about the noise??

Our other choice is Central Park balcony.

10 minutes ago, geenafeena said:

Would like to book this, Deck 11 as we can see the aqua show and ocean from here.  My boyfriend and I are up until at least 12 p.m. the earliest. I am told the room is very noisy due to the boardwalk activity, people in general, late night dancing and zip line and people are not happy with this room selection.  Should we be concerned about the noise??

Our other choice is Central Park balcony.

not overly.  I had a room on deck 9 and did not heard that much.

Zip line I do not think runs at night.  Also once the Aqua show is over, a lot of folks head to other areas for music and snacks.  I think the noise level should not be a problem.

I have heard folks not liking the big screen near Central Park on the new Wonder OTS though.

Ditto to the above poster! We always enjoyed the BW balcony cabins close to the aqua theater in the AFT to watch the shows! After the show, all is quiet and zip line is closed by dark. No worries and I hear that the CP balcony cabins can sometimes be hot/steamy. Better breezes in the BW area! Enjoy! Cheers!

• Like 1

We've had 4 of the "inside" balconies and like them a lot. There can be a little noise when the balcony door is open. Once you "lock" the door, you don't hear anything. If you want the best view of the Aqua show, try to get a cabin further back. We're sailing on the Allure in May. We have a BW cabin on Deck 14 aft. Should be great. 

jd

As the others have said you should be fine.  We had room 11729 on Oasis in Dec and it was fantastic.  Yes water show is loud but very much enjoyed watching it (with earplugs but that is the norm for me for any cruise show with music) from the balcony.  Once the door is locked, noise is significantly reduced and everything on boardwalk is pretty much it shut down by approx 11 pm. The nightlife is indoors at the various clubs/venues.

2 hours ago, wrldtrvllr said:

As the others have said you should be fine.  We had room 11729 on Oasis in Dec and it was fantastic.  Yes water show is loud but very much enjoyed watching it (with earplugs but that is the norm for me for any cruise show with music) from the balcony.  Once the door is locked, noise is significantly reduced and everything on boardwalk is pretty much it shut down by approx 11 pm. The nightlife is indoors at the various clubs/venues.

we are also concerned about movement?

2 hours ago, MrCruzeaddict said:

We've had 4 of the "inside" balconies and like them a lot. There can be a little noise when the balcony door is open. Once you "lock" the door, you don't hear anything. If you want the best view of the Aqua show, try to get a cabin further back. We're sailing on the Allure in May. We have a BW cabin on Deck 14 aft. Should be great. 

jd

how is the movement? concerned...

Oasis class ships are very stable though. Depends on itinerary and weather of course but our Dec 2021 eastern Caribbean to coco cay, St Maarten, St Thomas, you could hardly feel any motion and on 11 oasis class cruises (almost all on decks 10-12)  have never had an issue with motion (and I’m one who can get nauseous driving with windshield wipers on). Felt more motion on voyager class ships but not enough to be concerned. Vision class more motion still—so I’ve concluded bigger/newer tech is more stable.    

• Like 1

We had a boardwalk view on our Allure cruise and got one for our Symphony cruise in two weeks. It's my favorite type of room! We scored the one on the very end closest the the AquaTheatre this time and I can't wait. 

You won't regret it. Everything outside will be quiet by midnight. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, time4u2go said:

In general, the closer you are to the back (or front) of the ship, the more movement there will be.  Also higher up is prone to more movement.

I actually like to feel the ship "move" It makes me sleep better 😃

jd

23 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Ditto to the above poster! We always enjoyed the BW balcony cabins close to the aqua theater in the AFT to watch the shows! After the show, all is quiet and zip line is closed by dark. No worries and I hear that the CP balcony cabins can sometimes be hot/steamy. Better breezes in the BW area! Enjoy! Cheers!

yes I forgot about the breezes and the fumes of food that drift up too.

I will be on a Boardwalk room in 8 days on the Wonder and I can not wait.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wrldtrvllr said:

20 hours ago, geenafeena said:

we are also concerned about movement?

20 hours ago, geenafeena said:

how is the movement? concerned...

Decks 10 and 11 (  cabins on aft ending with 329 or 729 are best, never had much movement on the back of any cabins on a ship this size......................If you do feel movement, that means the seas are really, really bad, if it's like that the entire ship will feel it.  Cabins toward the bow will be much worse then any aft cabin no matter what deck.