GTY Question - How reliable is scanning your barcode to see assignment?

24 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

where do you find a bar code?

My set sail pass was available right after we completed our check in on the Royal app at the 45 day mark. We saved the set sail pass to our apple wallet and once there you can see a barcode with digits. The last digits after the - are supposedly your cabin even if its not officially on the app or website when you login.  My sail pass also says the deck # just not the stateroom number. The Deck # does correspond with the bar code. My cruise isn't until May 7th, so I guess we will see!

Edited by tropical83
  • Like 1

I am in a similar situation and I really want to believe it because I love the cabin that shows.   I just don’t know how reliable this is……

I’m hoping to hear from ppl who have more experience with it. 

7 minutes ago, MichFish said:

I am in a similar situation and I really want to believe it because I love the cabin that shows.   I just don’t know how reliable this is……

We had a GTY that the cabin number appeared under the barcode before I was notified of the cabin number.  I did not use a scanner, I had put the set sail pass in my wallet on my iphone and saw it there.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

We had a GTY that the cabin number appeared under the barcode before I was notified of the cabin number.  I did not use a scanner, I had put the set sail pass in my wallet on my iphone and saw it there.

Was it accurate?

28 minutes ago, MichFish said:

I saw a post on here a few weeks ago where some people did say it was accurate. 

52 minutes ago, MichFish said:

I already mentioned it the first time you asked this in the other thread- most reporting suggests once assigned (whether officially or via the barcode decode) the cabin assignment is unlikely to change. 

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Same here. Couldnt see it anywhere except in the wallet. 

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Does it only work with Iphone or is there also a method for Android?

Download a QRcode reader on your Android.  Pull up your reservation bar code on a separate device.  Point and aim.  You will see the result.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 4:49 AM, jean87510 said:

Download a QRcode reader on your Android.  Pull up your reservation bar code on a separate device.  Point and aim.  You will see the result.

I did this for a cruise a few months ago (November) and it was correct.  I have an Android and can confirm the above process worked for me. 

• Like 1