Dining on Panorama?

Mike45LC

This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.

I have not cruised on Carnival for roughly 35 years, but I have to find a cruise for a relative with some strict time parameters.  The Carnival Panorama is one choice.

I went to the Carnival website.  Under the Panorama pages, under Dining, Carnival lists several dining options, everything from Cooking Classes to seven different fee restaurants, and only two no-fee restaurants.  The Dining section does not say ANYTHING about Main Dining Restaurants or Buffet.  NOTHING!  Is this just incompetence on the part of the webmasters or does the Panorama really offer no dining but fee Specialty Restaurants and the two free restaurants (Guy’s Burgers and the Mexican place)? 

I find it hard to believe that the webmasters are so incompetent, but I find it equally hard to believe that they don't use the main dining rooms and that they have no buffet.  

Thanks in advance.  

weezal, I found three MDRs and the buffet and a pizzeria on the deck plans, but there is no mention of these dining options under the "Dining" section of the Carnival.com's Panorama section.  After not being on a Carnival ship in 35 years, I don't know what is goint on!

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

I find it hard to believe that the webmasters are so incompetent, but I find it equally hard to believe that they don't use the main dining rooms and that they have no buffet.  

Thanks in advance.  

Definitely a clunky website.  Try going to this page and, in the left-hand column, sort on Panorama to see what dining is available.  There is definitely a main dining room, which is mostly free but it does have a few upscale items that cost extra.  The buffet is called the Lido Marketplace and is also free.  https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food

It might not be mentioned on the Panorama official site, but those complimentary dining options are available on the ship.

also search/find "all" on this page

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4252

Main Restaurants (Dining Rooms)
Ships: ALL
Cost: Complimentary with exception of optional Steakhouse Selections $

Guests dining in our two restaurants (one restaurant on Legend, Miracle, Pride and Spirit) will enjoy sit-down service. In addition to the menus below, menus for children are available as well. 

Good Eats and Late Night Snacks
Ships: ALL
Cost: Complimentary

Good Eats, located in the Lido Restaurant is a dinnertime alternative to the ship's main dining rooms. The attire is casual and the meals are served buffet-style. The restaurant operates from 6:00pm-9:30pm nightly and offers an array of pastas, steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, specialty salads and desserts along with a daily Chef's Special. From 11:30pm-1:00am, light snacks are served.   

Well since you have to choose a dining time for the main dining rooms im pretty sure that means they have main dining options. Having just come off the ship two weeks ago and partaking of them im confident they are there lol. But If you go to Panorama page click on dining then scroll across to end of bullets it says Hard to believe: theres even more food options on board and below that it says explore more dining options click on that and it brings up page that has Dining room on it. If you click on that it even has a sample menu you can view.  Hope that helps.

18 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I’m on the Panorama right now.  Rest assured there still is the MDR. You have options as to the time you’d like to go to dinner.  
 🛳🛳

Bobbi 

My apologies, not meaning to hijack this thread but we leave next Saturday and I'm having a hard time determining if there are still two formal nights or just one (in context of MDR).  Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, jrtmouse said:

My apologies, not meaning to hijack this thread but we leave next Saturday and I'm having a hard time determining if there are still two formal nights or just one (in context of MDR).  Thanks in advance!

On our 7 day Panorama cruise in January to Mexico we had two "cruise elegant" nights.  The second night (Sunday) the menu included lobster, prime rib, sea bass, fried oysters, mushroom bisque and creme brulee.  The other elegant night was night six (Thursday) when they had shrimp, filet mignon, crab cakes, stuffed mushrooms, and Grand Marnier souffle.

Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, jrtmouse said:

Literally asked and answered on here yesterday. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2842259-panorama-formal-nights/#comment-62937490

Does Carnival still have a choice between Traditional and Anytime Dining?  Maybe not those very names, but a fixed time (usually a choice of early or late seating) and a "show up whenever you feel like it" experience?    As a long time Princess cruiser, I was unhappy when Princess did away with the Traditional Dining program.

I wish they still had brochures available, which explained matters far better than their web site!

2 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Does Carnival still have a choice between Traditional and Anytime Dining?  Maybe not those very names, but a fixed time (usually a choice of early or late seating) and a "show up whenever you feel like it" experience?    As a long time Princess cruiser, I was unhappy when Princess did away with the Traditional Dining program.

I wish they still had brochures available, which explained matters far better than their web site!

Yes. Your choices are Early Seating, Late Seating or Your Time Dining. 

Thanks for the help.  It is uncomfortable to change from my established cruise lines to one I have not been on for decades, and you guys help make it easier!  Carnival has grown up tremendously since I last cruised her.