LIVE from the Grand Princess: RT LA to Hawaii 4/4/22 - 4/19/22

HBCcruiser

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Say hello to Dewa for me at Vines.  He won't remember me since I was not a frequent visitor, but mention how he helped me pick a room service German wine.  Did you check your email?

I did and you were told correctly, the dining room is closed. We ate at Vines. Dewa is great! I’ll tell him you said hi. THANK YOU for the great treats BTW🤗🥰

Edited by HBCcruiser

The dining rooms are closed for lunch today due to staffing shortages. Most folks are wearing masks for those who want to know. We are at Vines while having a cab. Oh BTW we were told that the last cruise killed all of the Cabernet!! Say it ain’t so!! I told them to make a Costco run!😂😂

• Like 1

We are delayed due to a tanker blocking our backup and late fueling. We are now supposed to leave at 6. Fun meeting CCers at the aft bar. Now relaxing in the sun on our balcony. 74CD789B-4F90-4368-B450-F270D3759C9E.thumb.jpeg.3f91285ac2d390bdbd669252ee2e1a7e.jpeg

0EE16B9B-993A-4A2B-AE52-7CD43B9DF230.thumb.jpeg.2c66fb64905f578da794e3a164a342af.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 8

We had late refueling too and also left at 6 PM for Cabo.  Hopefully the Captain can make up the two hours.  Hilo is already a short port.  At least Hilo is closer than our first stop (Honolulu).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We are delayed due to a tanker blocking our backup and late fueling. We are now supposed to leave at 6. Fun meeting CCers at the aft bar. Now relaxing in the sun on our balcony. 74CD789B-4F90-4368-B450-F270D3759C9E.thumb.jpeg.3f91285ac2d390bdbd669252ee2e1a7e.jpeg

0EE16B9B-993A-4A2B-AE52-7CD43B9DF230.thumb.jpeg.2c66fb64905f578da794e3a164a342af.jpeg

I like that you got bar menus.  I just got off the Discovery and not a bar menu in sight, and when I asked for one, I was told to download a scanner app!

@HBCcruiser. I’m glad to see you are doing this live from. I am sailing to Hawaii for the first time out of LA this fall. So I will be very excited to read about your experiences.  

I am wondering if you (or anyone else reading this) has ever used the long term parking at the pier. I found the website,  got the costs, read where someone said a month pass actually is cheaper than per day——great tip!——but I can’t get my head around the logistics of it.  Is it like those huge airport parking lots where there’s a tram that runs the circuit thru the lot to get to the pier? Or is it close enough for able bodied folks to walk after they’ve dropped off their luggage with the porters?  

Thank you in advance and have a great trip!  Bon voyage!

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

7 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@HBCcruiser. I’m glad to see you are doing this live from. I am sailing to Hawaii for the first time out of LA this fall. So I will be very excited to read about your experiences.  

I am wondering if you (or anyone else reading this) has ever used the long term parking at the pier. I found the website,  got the costs, read where someone said a month pass actually is cheaper than per day——great tip!——but I can’t get my head around the logistics of it.  Is it like those huge airport parking lots where there’s a tram that runs the circuit thru the lot to get to the pier? Or is it close enough for able bodied folks to walk after they’ve dropped off their luggage with the porters?  

Thanks for following! I can’t answer that because I live close to the port, but we have lots of veteran cruisers onboard here who may be able to help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I have talked to many on the Hawaii cruise that do a park and stay at the DoubleTree Inn (San Pedro).  They have said that it is a semi-secured parking lot.  But owners take extra precautions and put locks on their steering wheel and boots on their tires.  At $20/day at the port, that is a hefty sum.  I also inquired about how their car batteries faired over 2 weeks.  Mine would dine.  I guess you could disconnect it.  One person actually said to park near a newer car....that way, his/hers would be taken before yours.  

• Thanks 1

Wheelhouse Selfie!

Ok for some reason CC is making me post this upside down. I’ve tried flipping it and cropping it. Oh well. Seriously We are not Drunk yet. CC needs to fix this photo uploading issue. 

A9A4AF37-67DA-4D80-9CB1-3C92440B3E4D.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We have used the parking lot right at the pier.  It is quite close to both pier 92 an 93.  We always dropped off luggage with the porters and then walked back to check-in.   Seemed as safe as most gated parking lots.  Last time, we stayed at the Doubletree and used their shuttle after staying one night and that parking lot seemed less safe.  To exit the pier parking lot, you have to pay to leave so an added expense for any thief.  I do remember seeing AAA helping some car owners and even one time, our fab would not immediately open car door.   For our next cruise, we are going to use UBER for the first time to the pier.  We are going to be gone 14 days so parking ticket would be about $400.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have talked to many on the Hawaii cruise that do a park and stay at the DoubleTree Inn (San Pedro).  They have said that it is a semi-secured parking lot.  But owners take extra precautions and put locks on their steering wheel and boots on their tires.  At $20/day at the port, that is a hefty sum.  I also inquired about how their car batteries faired over 2 weeks.  Mine would dine.  I guess you could disconnect it.  One person actually said to park near a newer car....that way, his/hers would be taken before yours.  

FYI.....Double Tree now charges all guest who do Stay and Park $15 a day parking and you have to put a parking permit in your car for length of time established with hotel or they have you towed away.  They started this a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

Food was excellent at Crown Grill. Mom and I shared the lobster cake and Grill salad I give 9 out of 10 forks for both;45793D6F-D37F-49E0-A963-618A9E6442E6.thumb.jpeg.be2bc4ea0ec53208a9a97cec3a705731.jpeg

069C5A88-1FCA-49D6-A954-B6D1FF325E03.thumb.jpeg.7680498482f81c687a990cbff9447c2d.jpeg

Main was the filet. Done perfectly. We had the creamed spinach, mushrooms, and mashed potatoes as sides. All good! 10 out of 10 forks. ;

DF13A267-62D6-464B-937F-94BEA4317AEB.jpeg

• Like 1