Arcadia cancellations!

jeanlyon

3 hours ago, showingdiva said:

say currently, because another cruise line can offer me an identical cruise a couple of weeks later for hundreds of pounds less, so a swap may be on the cards  -

Now you are tempting us !

Which cruise line ?

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Now you are tempting us !

Which cruise line ?

Won't I get shouted at for mentioning it??   My signature gives the clue of the Italian ship (well, her identical sister in 2023)  So, basic details are equivalent balcony cabin, almost identical itinerary, much kinder single supplement (this is what's doing my head the most about P&O), an included drinks package and whichever out of past passenger / status match is the most advantageous.

1 hour ago, showingdiva said:

Won't I get shouted at for mentioning it??   My signature gives the clue of the Italian ship (well, her identical sister in 2023)  So, basic details are equivalent balcony cabin, almost identical itinerary, much kinder single supplement (this is what's doing my head the most about P&O), an included drinks package and whichever out of past passenger / status match is the most advantageous.

Thanks for the update. 

Now I know which line you mean !

Not our cup of tea from the reviews I have read, although I might be tempted if I could afford the Yacht Club.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for the update. 

Now I know which line you mean !

Not our cup of tea from the reviews I have read, although I might be tempted if I could afford the Yacht Club.

The way to do that is to book a balcony, then wait for the upgrade bid fairy to email you.   To be fair, wasn't my cup of tea either ... too big, too many, too party, too everything ... I couldn't have been more wrong (I work on board a huge range of ships in my home port .. I'm fussy!).  Just disembarked three weeks ago for the second time.   Probably one of, if not the, best cabin stewards I've ever had.   Attentive but inconspicuous when needed to be.  Nothing was too much trouble.   The cabin was spotless.  The ship is stunning.

In defense of the Italian ship,  some of the posts on this P&O forum would be enough to put people off.   However, P&O do still have Arcadia.  For now.

Edited by showingdiva

On 6/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, Slugsta said:

We have booked 30 nights to New York in September 24, so would like her to still be with the fleet then 🤞

That USA trip is calling us too,booking a Med cruise on her in May 2023 seemed optimistic,not so sure if September 2024 isn't stretching things a bit too far!😮

On 6/21/2022 at 7:22 AM, snaefell said:

That USA trip is calling us too,booking a Med cruise on her in May 2023 seemed optimistic,not so sure if September 2024 isn't stretching things a bit too far!😮

All we can do is wait and hope at this stage.