Nassau ship docking staggered

Gary1960

Do you think that Nassau deliberately dock ships opposite ways so the smoke from the funnels blow across the decks of the adjacent ship to make it very unpleasant to lay on the top deck and thus encourage people to leave the the ship and spend money in their port. This always ruined sunbathing for me in Nassau and could be the only reason they do it.

• Haha 2

Ha!  Nassau isn't a terrible port.  We've found lots of things to enjoy for a few hours when we go there, all within walking distance.  I mean it's not like we get all excited having been there several times, but stopping there and stretching your legs ashore is all good.

• Like 1

I have been to quite a few airports in developing (meaning less than desirable) nations that even technical stops required all pax to get off to be shuffled through the gift shop. 

I don't think anyone in Nassau has any such grand plans. However, I have lined my ball cap with tin foil to prevent them from scanning my mind. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

Ha!  Nassau isn't a terrible port.  We've found lots of things to enjoy for a few hours when we go there, all within walking distance.  I mean it's not like we get all excited having been there several times, but stopping there and stretching your legs ashore is all good.

I’ll trade you Nassau for Ensenada any day! 🤣🤣

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gary1960 said:

Do you think that Nassau deliberately dock ships opposite ways so the smoke from the funnels blow across the decks of the adjacent ship to make it very unpleasant to lay on the top deck and thus encourage people to leave the the ship and spend money in their port. This always ruined sunbathing for me in Nassau and could be the only reason they do it.

i mean even if they dock them facing different ways, the wind could still blow it in any direction.

and i'm pretty sure The Government of the Bahamas is not controlling the wind.

and i've spent several trips up on the top deck, watching a movie, reading, taking a nap

• 3 weeks later...