How long to get off Navigator

22 minutes ago, britty1 said:

I had a 12 noon flight but it got cancelled and southwest gave me a 10:15 flight.  Can I make this flight with a number 1 leave off the ship. Please let me know your experiences. Thank you.

To be safe I would do self debarkation and be off the ship by 7. We were on Navigator in January and time from leaving ship to getting into our car was well under 30 minutes.  Problem is LA traffic runs somewhere between slow and a nightmare. Plenty of taxis outside. A early tag number would probably be no problem getting to the airport, but self walk off would be a breeze. If your using Long Beach airport there would be no problem at all.  15 minutes to Long Beach and 45 for LAX.  We were on Navigator with a passenger load of under 600 and there were 5 or 6 CBP agents working..

Edited by taglovestocruise

Different port but I just got off independence this morning (cape Canaveral) and there was some issue with a guy they were chasing and trying to catch and then waiting for police to get there and arrest him. This delayed debarkation. I was on group 2 for 715 departure but everyone just started piling into the debarkation area and it was a total mess. Didn’t get off the ship until 845 (and this was carrying my own luggage.) Then, one of the gangways was also broken so everyone had to depart through just one. Just saying things can and do happen. A lot of people were stressed about missing their flights. (Thankfully we drove!)

• Like 1

We debarked Navigator on March 25, which is a Friday.  The ship was fairly full, though not sure of exact number.  We had number 9 and were able to leave the ship at 8:45.  Picking up our luggage in the big hall, and going through immigration, were a breeze.  So we were at our car, ready to drive home, at about 9:00 or a few minutes later.  I don't think I would have been comfortable trying to make a 10:15 flight.  Traffic is crazy, and LAX is in a constant state of flux.

Pat

44 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Day of the week might matter. Also, you need to grab a taxi as ride share can take some time to get into the pier area.

This should be a big concern (other than the 405, of course).  A month ago we were one of the first off and waited almost 30 minutes for a ride-share on a Friday morning debark for our ride to the airport.  Didn't see many taxis either.  There were people offering up rides right outside the door, so you can get a ride immediately, but you don't know what you are getting into.  While we were waiting the ride-share time increased and surge pricing kicked in, so people started using the sketchy rides anyway.  We flew from LGB at 11:30 and had no issues.

I tend to press my luck with early post-cruise flights, but I wouldn't risk trying a 10:15 out of LAX from Navigator on a weekday.

Keep in mind a 10:15 flight starts boarding as early as 9:40.  If you're flying out of LAX all the construction tends to back up traffic and as stated the 405 fwy can be a nightmare at times. The only saving grace is Southwest flies out of Terminal 1, the first terminal you come to. 

Can it be done? Maybe.

Will you be stressed? Probably.

• Like 1