Baffled, how do I....re: Specialty Restaurant Package

tinaincc

1 minute ago, D C said:

If you booked the 3-night package, do NOT use it on the first night.  The first night discount without a package is so good that  "First night discount + 2 regular price meals" can be cheaper than the total of the 3 night package (depends on where you eat).   It looks like the 4n package is where it gets much better on a per-dinner basis.

What is usually the $ diff per SD meal, if you know?

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

What is usually the $ diff per SD meal, if you know?

You're testing me here... I know dining is more expensive on E-class, but I can't remember the packages and don't have my last folio handy.  But on M and S class:

3 night package = $129

1st Night Tuscan = $30

Other Nights Tuscan = $45

3 Tuscan dinners with 1st night = $120 vs the $129 package price.

9 minutes ago, D C said:

You're testing me here... I know dining is more expensive on E-class, but I can't remember the packages and don't have my last folio handy.  But on M and S class:

3 night package = $129

1st Night Tuscan = $30

Other Nights Tuscan = $45

3 Tuscan dinners with 1st night = $120 vs the $129 package price.

LOL and thank you as soon as I hit submit I was like DUH what a dope, could have easily looked that up myself!  🤭

Based on the info here I cancelled the dining package - we had 5 nights - and rebooked one night in each restaurant plus 2 in Eden. Apart from our last night we wanted to eat 6.30 to 7.00pm and have achieved this for all but Le Petit which is 6.00pm.

We have booked the Rooftop Grill for our late departure from Cannes but wonder if we should change it, we liked the idea of outside

29 minutes ago, D C said:

If you booked the 3-night package, do NOT use it on the first night.  The first night discount without a package is so good that  "First night discount + 2 regular price meals" can be cheaper than the total of the 3 night package (depends on where you eat).   It looks like the 4n package is where it gets much better on a per-dinner basis.

I get your logic however we are on the APEX and based on what others have shared I am nervous to wait until boarding. Additionally, I am thinking that I only want to go to Eden as the other 3 seem underwhelming. Hopefully I am doing the right thing, I just booked Eden for my preferred nights and times. 

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Based on the info here I cancelled the dining package - we had 5 nights - and rebooked one night in each restaurant plus 2 in Eden. Apart from our last night we wanted to eat 6.30 to 7.00pm and have achieved this for all but Le Petit which is 6.00pm.

We have booked the Rooftop Grill for our late departure from Cannes but wonder if we should change it, we liked the idea of outside

I think it depends on the ship.  I have done the Lawn Grill on other ships and was not impressed.  We will do two nights in Apex and the rest in Luminae, except maybe a night or two at Sushi on 5 after long days in port.  Ah the fun of planning these long trips!

The  specialty dining packages are cost more  on the E class than the S and M class.  S & MClass 3N $129, 4N $149, 5N  $182

E class 3N $137, 4 N $165 , 5 N $ 201

We are booked on the Beyond TA this October and the 3 & 4 night packages have been sold out for a least a month. 

24 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

You can check the menu on the app.  We have done Lawn Grill on Reflection multiple time and really enjoy it.  We have also done Roof Top Grill 3 times and will to it again, but we prefer the Lawn Grill menu to Roof Top 

18 hours ago, tinaincc said:

I thought Sushi on 5 in not included in the dining package since it is an a la carte restaurant...

This is Raw on 5 which is different but is ala carte.  I thought for ala carte they gave a certain amount credit in the dining package.  That is why I am asking.

38 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

This is Raw on 5 which is different but is ala carte.  I thought for ala carte they gave a certain amount credit in the dining package.  That is why I am asking.

According to the T&C, it is a $35 credit. Which is ridiculous considering that is less than the per-meal price of a 3, 4 or 5 night package.

3 nights $129 = $43 per meal

4 nights $149 = $37.25

5 nights $182 = $36.40

6 nights $204 = $34

7 nights $233 = $33.29

Screenshot_20220414-111103.thumb.png.67a569b0145ea21a95c510b927cd033b.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyCapn said:

According to the T&C, it is a $35 credit. Which is ridiculous considering that is less than the per-meal price of a 3, 4 or 5 night package.

3 nights $129 = $43 per meal

4 nights $149 = $37.25

5 nights $182 = $36.40

6 nights $204 = $34

7 nights $233 = $33.29

Screenshot_20220414-111103.thumb.png.67a569b0145ea21a95c510b927cd033b.png

Thank you, I couldn't find that info in my cruise planner for the dinner packages.  Very little information for my sailing.  This helps.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, crimsonbird said:

On a 7 night cruise...What  2 nights does the main diningroom serve the best menu...lobster...beef wellington?  We ordered the 3 night package but want to use it on the lesser nights.  

Which ship? Beef Wellington is available every night on Edge class in Normandie.  It's masquerading as 'filet en croute' or something of the sort. 

Lobster is pretty reliably on night 6.

The ship is the Infinity.  So we won't schedule a specialty restaurant for night 6.  Is the other chic night on 2 or 3.  We were on the equinox in November and not impressed with the dining room at all.  So looking to remedy that in June with the specialties.  Been on the Edge..food was superior.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, tinaincc said:

Thank you.  Since you did try Fine Cut what did you think?  

We tried Fine Cut on cruise #5 on the Edge.  It was only the 5th cruise going out on that ship but I don’t think Fine Cut was all it’s cracked up to be. Good,yes.  Amazing…nope.  Jmo. Plus with all of the extra noise of the martini bar, not for me. 

On 4/15/2022 at 8:35 PM, floralscent said:

We tried Fine Cut on cruise #5 on the Edge.  It was only the 5th cruise going out on that ship but I don’t think Fine Cut was all it’s cracked up to be. Good,yes.  Amazing…nope.  Jmo. Plus with all of the extra noise of the martini bar, not for me. 

I would agree.  We had a "nice" dinner there right before covid struck. It was sufficiently UNmemorable to where we skipped it last month in favor of the Rooftop Grille as it was just not worth the price premium. 

If I missed this, sorry.  (1) If booked in a Concierge Class cabin, and I buy the 3 night speciality restaurant package, can I make those reservations on-line or do I have to wait until after I've boarded? If only after boarding and I can't get reservations can I cancel the speciality restaurant package and be reimbursed?  

2 hours ago, Lexcruiser said:

If I missed this, sorry.  (1) If booked in a Concierge Class cabin, and I buy the 3 night speciality restaurant package, can I make those reservations on-line or do I have to wait until after I've boarded? If only after boarding and I can't get reservations can I cancel the speciality restaurant package and be reimbursed?  

Sounds like you have to wait until you are on board which is part of what I was concerned about.