P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

58 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have a Samsung tablet which replaced my old Kindle and a cheap Nokia smartphone which is very slow but works the P&O app and NHS site plus email, it does not have a sim. So i need free WiFi to get online. Relieved to see that Premier Inn have free Wifi and West Quay shopping centre as well, should i need them. The NHS App needed an upgrade since i last used it last August.

I like the look of the Randox video as it looks a straight forward process.

Now to order some more LFT tests for when I go into 'semi lock down' in a couple of weeks.

Just checked the Randox site. there is a click and collect point 10 minutes walk away. The local newsagent/general store. I wonder how they get the kit there same day as the order.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 12:27 PM, kalos said:

With the requirement to get your own test and pay before your cruise after 29th April

I have been  reading through the forum and it  seems to have a lot of people worried .

Some because of lack of a smartphone and some who live remote and if doing an in 

person test are miles away from a centre/chemist. 

I thought it maybe a good idea for those who have used a service to let others  know 

how easy it was use? What was the cost of the test? How long did it take for your 

certificate to be e-mailed to you ?  Thank you 

We are not  back on board until July, but have booked ours on line at loyds pharmacy just to be on the safe side. Certificate in 15mins apparently.

• Like 1

You can get a Boots test kit for £15, it’s delivered in a couple of days after the order is placed. You do the test yourself and upload a photo of the test cassette to their website , the certificate is issued within 15 mins. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

You can get a Boots test kit for £15, it’s delivered in a couple of days after the order is placed. You do the test yourself and upload a photo of the test cassette to their website , the certificate is issued within 15 mins. 

We were told we had to take our pass port with us to prove who we were Kalos.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:23 AM, kalos said:

I was reading on one of the other threads that some people were asking how they could test 

their old Mum who didn't have a smart/ I phone ,"How could they do a test ?"

Watching the film below it seems you can put other members tests via one phone .

(You register the test with name and purchase code)

It goes without saying people with no means of scanning would need to seek out a walk in centre or a friend who has a suitable phone .

How typical of the "kids" who design these videos. People who are familiar with this technology don't need a video to help them. People who need this video (I, forone) need to be able to process it at their own speed, not rushed through in the way it is presented, so need to pause on each new illustration to absorb the content detail.

So what do the designers do? - they make sure that you cannot do this by placing a thick pop-up strap advert appear across the screen as soon as you press pause, which completely covers over the part you are trying to read!

Reminds me of the youngsters who seem to think that gabling at 100 mph when they are speaking is somehow a virtuous skill to be acquired.

• Haha 2

On 4/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, Waju said:

I have come back from a short break today to find out about this new departure information - we sail on the 30th!

I looked on the Randox Health website and they are charging £11 for click and collect from a stockist in your area, I picked mine up from a local newsagent.  You need to download an app to be able to use these tests though but it is fairly simple and if you need to ring them for information they are really friendly.

You can also get one delivered to you for £13.50 or £12 with a code - just google and one will come up.

Hope this helps someone.

Waju - all I can find on their website is £40 for a test. where did you see £13.50 or £12 please?

My nearest collection point is 75miles away according to their webpage!

12 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

How typical of the "kids" who design these videos. People who are familiar with this technology don't need a video to help them. People who need this video (I, forone) need to be able to process it at their own speed, not rushed through in the way it is presented, so need to pause on each new illustration to absorb the content detail.

So what do the designers do? - they make sure that you cannot do this by placing a thick pop-up strap advert appear across the screen as soon as you press pause, which completely covers over the part you are trying to read!

Reminds me of the youngsters who seem to think that gabling at 100 mph when they are speaking is somehow a virtuous skill to be acquired.

Your not on your own lots of us have to pause this new info .

When I paused it the  "thick pop-up strap advert"  asking me if I wanted more videos ?

In that big oblong is a big X  in the top right hand corner. Click on that and it should not

come back ,well it hasn't for me but I swapped to a laptop so I got a better view :classic_smile:

Hope this helps .

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

Waju - all I can find on their website is £40 for a test. where did you see £13.50 or £12 please?

My nearest collection point is 75miles away according to their webpage!

The link I have put below , you would select the middle one where it would be delivered to

your home for the £12 option and you need to insert code "FLY 15" to get the discount .

https://covid.randox.com/pre-departure/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh7m35pqZ9wIVGOvtCh25TwLsEAAYASAAEgKaTvD_BwE

This is the online DIY at this price 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mad4WDW said:

I ordered our test kits from Boots on Wednesday (13th) and was issued with a tracking number with a delivery date of today, Saturday. They didn't arrive today, obviously yesterday's Bank Holiday had not been accounted for. I ordered them early in case they got delayed with the Easter holiday.

With regard to ordering through Randox, I looked into it and I would have to take a 30 minute journey to one off the villages in the area , not one of the towns nearby!

7 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I ordered our test kits from Boots on Wednesday (13th) and was issued with a tracking number with a delivery date of today, Saturday. They didn't arrive today, obviously yesterday's Bank Holiday had not been accounted for. I ordered them early in case they got delayed with the Easter holiday.

With regard to ordering through Randox, I looked into it and I would have to take a 30 minute journey to one off the villages in the area , not one of the towns nearby!

Do Randox not deliver to a shop or to your house?

I would check that again just to be sure. My reading of the Boots site was that the home test LFT was with or without verification. The in store tests give you certification which is the fit to fly certificate.

A NHS test is verified by email after submission.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

The link I have put below , you would select the middle one where it would be delivered to

your home for the £12 option and you need to insert code "FLY 15" to get the discount .

https://covid.randox.com/pre-departure/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh7m35pqZ9wIVGOvtCh25TwLsEAAYASAAEgKaTvD_BwE

This is the online DIY at this price 

Thank you Kalos you beat me to it - if you choose click and collect you just enter your postcode and it gives you a choice of nearby shops (well it did in my area) to collect the tests from.  So you pay online and then print off a barcode or show it on your phone to the shop and they hand over your tests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mickey1959 said:

Sorry I think you need some ID MAD4WDW.

Once you’ve created your account on the boots website and ordered then received your test kit you just need to do the test yourself and sent a photo of the used test cassette with the one or two red lines on to them via the website, certificate is issued within minutes. It’s actually easier than testing at the airport or cruise terminal. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, davecttr said:

I would check that again just to be sure. My reading of the Boots site was that the home test LFT was with or without verification. The in store tests give you certification which is the fit to fly certificate.

The £14.99 test from boots is fine we used it already and had no problem. The certificate is issued virtually straight away after you upload the photo of the test result. 2 tests done both certificates issued within minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi all,

Just making another post so that i can show you guys the certificate that boots issued. Just to be clear, We used the £14.99 test from boots, we ordered it before we needed it so it came in plenty of time. You have to create an account on the boots covid 19 testing portal(this is a different account to a normal boots account) When you are ready to do the test you just do the swab like normal, once you’ve got your result you place the test cassette on a paper template they provide and take a photo, you upload the photo. Boots then verify your result and send the certificate to your account where you download the PDF. I’ve attached the certificate so you can see it. 069CAB4A-1DB6-4823-AF38-237B1093E065.jpeg.a1a6f5935b240b4500b5868bfe338dc4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I think someone has mentioned this before, could P&O not say that they may select people at the terminal to do a random LFT?  This would hopefully deter anyone who may be tempted to 'cheat' the system.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, davecttr said:

Mad4WDW replied "The £14.99 test from boots is fine. We used it already and had no problem. The certificate is issued virtually straight away after you upload the photo of the test result. 2 tests done both certificates issued within minutes."

Mad4WDW -  I have read your info and you say you have used the service already, but have you used it on a cruise yet - i.e. has P&O accepted it?

I share davecttr's concern that the verification Boots sent you does not appear to have the word "Certificate" on it, and also that when you go to the Boots website, on the various tests they offer, the one you used does not say "Certificate issued" - only verification (as davecctr pointed out too) - whereas all the others (in-store) specifically say "certificate issued".

This may be sloppy wording by Boots but I don't think it is - it looks deliberate to me.

I'm not trying to be argumentative - just trying to be certain, as none of us will get a second chance on boarding day if our paper work is not acceptable to P&O!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bbtablet said:

Mad4WDW replied "The £14.99 test from boots is fine. We used it already and had no problem. The certificate is issued virtually straight away after you upload the photo of the test result. 2 tests done both certificates issued within minutes."

Mad4WDW -  I have read your info and you say you have used the service already, but have you used it on a cruise yet - i.e. has P&O accepted it?

I share davecttr's concern that the verification Boots sent you does not appear to have the word "Certificate" on it, and also that when you go to the Boots website, on the various tests they offer, the one you used does not say "Certificate issued" - only verification (as davecctr pointed out too) - whereas all the others (in-store) specifically say "certificate issued".

This may be sloppy wording by Boots but I don't think it is - it looks deliberate to me.

I'm not trying to be argumentative - just trying to be certain, as none of us will get a second chance on boarding day if our paper work is not acceptable to P&O!

Hi

This was a test used to cruise on Azura last week. Accepted by P & O. The boots covid test website clearly states it’s a certificate, the button to download it is labelled “Get Certificate”

A9C9E22A-F762-4F36-B113-04B4325F70CA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

Hi

This was a test used to cruise on Azura last week. Accepted by P & O.

Thanks for that ,That's what we need to read ,actual tried and tested companies that 

like yourself have been used on a P&O ship and accepted. :classic_smile:

Towards the end of the month we should get more feedback like yours which helps us all .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

P&O are not doing their reputation any favours. Just checked the site and there are STILL 2 versions of the day before requirements. The main page description is 24 hours but if you go to the detailed section it is emboldened day before embarkation. This will cause unnecessary stress for unwary cruisers and they need to change the 24 hour version 😠

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, davecttr said:

P&O are not doing their reputation any favours. Just checked the site and there are STILL 2 versions of the day before requirements. The main page description is 24 hours but if you go to the detailed section it is emboldened day before embarkation. This will cause unnecessary stress for unwary cruisers and they need to change the 24 hour version 😠

Do you know which is correct then?- sorry I have read this thread but am getting more confused!

Hi

This was a test used to cruise on Azura last week. Accepted by P & O. The boots covid test website clearly states it’s a certificate, the button to download it is labelled “Get Certificate”

A9C9E22A-F762-4F36-B113-04B4325F70CA.jpeg

Thank you very much for humouring me, Mad4WDW!

This is very reassuring and looks much easier than the company you have to download an app for, with pages and pages of YouTube instruction videos to absorb!

Much appreciated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mad4WDW said:

Hi all,

Just making another post so that i can show you guys the certificate that boots issued. Just to be clear, We used the £14.99 test from boots, we ordered it before we needed it so it came in plenty of time. You have to create an account on the boots covid 19 testing portal(this is a different account to a normal boots account) When you are ready to do the test you just do the swab like normal, once you’ve got your result you place the test cassette on a paper template they provide and take a photo, you upload the photo. Boots then verify your result and send the certificate to your account where you download the PDF. I’ve attached the certificate so you can see it. 069CAB4A-1DB6-4823-AF38-237B1093E065.jpeg.a1a6f5935b240b4500b5868bfe338dc4.jpeg

Hello , we are booked on Azura in June but flying out 3 days before, it looks like I will be able to use the Boots test to take with us then test out there. Do you think  P&O will accept the downloaded certificate as you say or do they require a printed paper version ?

Thanks.