Timing of pre cruise covid test

Deano68

Our cruise departs Fort Lauderdale on this coming Monday (18 April), and as we are fully vaccinated we are required to have a covid test performed on 16, 17 or 18 April (day of sailing).

We have just now had our PCR tests to fly from Australia to the US in a few hours from now, and as we had our tests just after midnight here they are dated 16 April which technically meets the Celebrity requirements of having a test on/after 16 Apr for an 18 April departure.

However I notice on our test certificate it includes the local time we had the test ((16 April) as well as the UTC time which shows it was 15 April at the time of the test.

I rang and spoke to celebrity earlier today before we took our test and they confirmed if the test was dated 16 April it would be fine, but it makes me nervous as the paperwork also shows 15 April as UTC time.  

Is there anyone who has travelled from outside the US or Canada to pick up a cruise in the US where they were tested locally within 2 days of departure, but the test was technically performed more than 2 days from departure? 

I am not 100% confident of the info Celebrity provided, and we won’t have time at the pier to get retested so want to ensure this will be ok or will we need another test in Florida the day before.

Has anyone else been in the same situation? It’s probably easier just to get another test in Fort Lauderdale just to be safe. Is there anywhere people recommend (I don’t believe we can get tested at the pier), but I believe Lab Doctor is convenient and nearby. Thanks 

4 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Did you get anything in writing from X?

No, I didn’t realize the test result certificate would include both the local and UTC time when I spoke to them 

4 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Because of the time difference is that the reason for the discrepancy? They go by date, not time.  If it was 3 days and not 2, then you would not be in compliance.  Pretend you took the test in the USA, and go by that day.

The certificate shows I had the test in Australia on 16 April but it also shows the UTC time which was 15 April, as it was in the US at the time I had the test

Edited by Deano68

Would you have time to get to Lab Doctor, get a result, and still get checked in,  if they don’t accept the one you have?    If not, I’d be inclined to go directly to Lab Doctor.

BTW, we’re on this cruise too, if I hear anyone speaking Australian, I’ll say hi.

I suspect it may depend on how carefully they look at it- meaning it might be a crap shoot. Or if someone doesn't think about the international date line- another crap shoot. On the other hand- I would bet that nowhere does it say that it has to be within 3 days US time. But then you might have to argue it out. Point to the date of the test and put your thumb over the UTC time? 

On Celebrity vaccinated adults are 2 days either PCR or Antigen.   I wouldn't worry about time zones.  The local time being the 16th will be perfectly fine.  Use a a marker to hilight the your name, the date, birthdate, and the negative result on the report they won't even see the other date.  They don't study these documents, they are just looking for the key items on them and they are all different.  So draw their eyes directly to what you want them to see.

From the Celebrity website “For US sailings departing through April 30, 2022*, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days of boarding the ship. ”