Azamara's Ravenna to Venice Transfers

Jeep61

Does anyone know the hours the Azamara transfer buses will be running between the ship in Ravenna and the Venice airport on disembarkation day?  From 6am to 10am?  Or, maybe from 10 am to 2pm?  When???  It would be nice to be able to plan that day.

The transfer when booked on line is offered at 8am.  They will want everyone off ship by 9am at the latest. 10am - 2 pm is a definte no. 

When are you disembarking?  We are coming off on 1st May so will know  more then.

Probably being extra cautious with those times. That sure is early! Wouldn’t  have thought the traffic would be bad at 6am? 

However weekend driving is notoriously bad in Italy apparently and also on  public holidays. Everyone takes to the roads. 1st May is both. 

We encountered heavy traffic from Rome to port  on the Saturday we boarded. Also our ships tour returning from Pompeii to Sorrento last Sunday was stuck in traffic. It should have been a 40 minute journey and ended up nearly 2 hours. After tendering we didn't get back on board till nearly 3pm and we had left Pompeii at midday ish . 

Hopefully  as the season goes on they can fine tune some of these departure times.🤞

• Like 1

Of course, the latest bus scheduled for 9.00am is so everyone disembarks by 9.00 so they can prepare the ship. I wonder if they’ll put on excursion buses, at a cost, which have a side trip before arriving at the airport. I’d certainly be doing that with a later afternoon flight

Just sat in Marco Polo airport. Transfer from Ravenna dock to Marco Polo took exactly 2 hours ( left port at 5.50 and arrived 7.50) .So now have to wait until 10.20 until check in opens for 12.20 flight. No arrivals on Quest today as Quest sailing empty to Civiceveccia for a few days maintenance.

• Thanks 1

Apparently a charter was cancelled, leaving  a gap until 8 May.  That gives Captain and Ryzard time to get out of quarantine. Missed seeing them  this morning as we left but the other Richard (F&B) came  on the bus to wish us all a safe journey.

17 minutes ago, combine said:

Apparently a charter was cancelled, leaving  a gap until 8 May.  That gives Captain and Ryzard time to get out of quarantine. Missed seeing them  this morning as we left but the other Richard (F&B) came  on the bus to wish us all a safe journey.

Safe trip home. Hope everyone on Quest gets back on their feet quickly 

• Like 2

Not much consolation but if it goes to a 3 hour delay EU261 should kick in and a little financial sweetener down the line. 

Im sure in due course Azamara will fine tune the transfers based on feedback. I think a bathroom break would be essential after early breakfast coffees 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Typical- we get to Marco Polo over 4 hours early and our plane delayed by 2 hours ! Airport pretty quiet. Breezed through check in and security in less than 10min total. 

Thank you for all the good information we have to go through that in 13 days, currently in Heathrow en route to Nice security was a nightmare even with Fast track. BA lounge is very busy with virtually no masks being worn but we have our negative PCR certificates in hand, shows new covid rules are a farce.

5 hours ago, uktog said:

Not much consolation but if it goes to a 3 hour delay EU261 should kick in and a little financial sweetener down the line. 

Im sure in due course Azamara will fine tune the transfers based on feedback. I think a bathroom break would be essential after early breakfast coffees 

I restricted fluids this morning! Ours was also 2 hours door to door arriving  about 10 am. We all had a fair wait until our respective check ins opened. It was a pleasant drive on a quiet sunday morning before the locals went out for the day.

It would be interesting to see what a weekday day transfer works out like. 

. Ryzard and Captain Jonas still in quarantine so Richard the F&B man came on the coach to wish us a good journey.

8 hours ago, uktog said:

It turned out to be a 3 hour delayed departure but because Jet 2 like most airlines over estimate the flight time we arrived 2hr 40min late so not able to claim delayed flight compensation. Been a very long day. Trouble is we have to do it all again both ways in August when we are on Royal Caribbean out of Ravenna.

Isn't it frustrating when delays just miss the rule after all you suffer - the rule used ro be it is timed from the door being opened and we had one that was 2 hr 58 minutes, we so wanted the door to stick

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

We were glad we hadn’t changed our flight from  11.15 a.m, it was an early start but thought Azamara did very well with all the transfers etc, hubby enjoyed breakfast in windows at 4.30 am !!! And the grab and go box suited me very well, especially has BA had very little onboard food wise, all in all our journey was uneventful, but I wouldn’t choose to travel to Ravenna before or after a cruise given the choice, too far. 
Does  anybody know how we access the future onboard credit for missing Venice , I think I was expecting to get some sort of notification? 

Jean 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jem 12 said:

We were glad we hadn’t changed our flight from  11.15 a.m, it was an early start but thought Azamara did very well with all the transfers etc, hubby enjoyed breakfast in windows at 4.30 am !!! And the grab and go box suited me very well, especially has BA had very little onboard food wise, all in all our journey was uneventful, but I wouldn’t choose to travel to Ravenna before or after a cruise given the choice, too far. 
Does  anybody know how we access the future onboard credit for missing Venice , I think I was expecting to get some sort of notification? 

Jean 

Hi Jean.

So pleased that the flights worked out good in the end. Bet there wasn't much traffic at all!!

I spoke to the future sales man Matthew onboard re the fcc and he said we would be notified personally. I did wonder if it would go to our TA that we booked this one with? Hope whoever gets notification first will let us all know ! 

• Like 1

Just now, combine said:

Hi Jean.

So pleased that the flights worked out good in the end. Bet there wasn't much traffic at all!!

I spoke to the future sales man Matthew onboard re the fcc and he said we would be notified personally. I did wonder if it would go to our TA that we booked this one with? Hope whoever gets notification first will let us all know ! 

Sorry we didn’t get to meet you onboard, at least not knowingly, we did go to first cruise critic meeting but didn’t meet anybody. Missed the 2nd one. 

Thanks for info re future credit hopefully we will get it. 

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and met lots of lovely people. 

2 hours ago, Jem 12 said:

Jean 

It will be interesting to compare how Royal Caribbean handle the transfers when we are on Brilliance in August. 

For anyone interested….Here’s a picture  of the temporary  ‘field hospital’ type of building they are using at the moment and also an artists impression for the future investment.

There is an interesting article on cruise mapper  about the investment from Royal Caribbean Group to build and operate the new cruise terminal with  completion 2024.

Cruise companies using it this year include Oceania, Marella, Celebrity, Seabourn, Seven Seas and of course Azamara.

It is in the middle of nowhere with industrial port one side and expanse of beach the other.

015C46EF-22D0-4F48-969A-05C2842E1BF8.jpeg

1144CCCB-6E0F-4FC9-9C4A-08668ED46AF6.jpeg

• Like 1

Once the driver of the coach located the drop off point at the airport, after several circles of the same roundabout, we were quite a walk from the terminal.  There were no trolleys and no assistance.  We struggled.