Covid Test - Proctor

On 4/30/2022 at 8:14 PM, yvonnedb said:

We just used these early this morning (both negative, thank god).

What proctoring service did you use?  Was it iHealth, eMed or Rapid Test & Trace?  Thanks.

I think my plan will be to schedule with CVS or Walgreens and if something goes wrong or if I can't get appointment then I will use one of the proctoring services with a home test. This way most likely will be a free test. My CVS and Walgreens are only scheduling 3 days out and look to have a full schedule right now. I looked at both the proctoring sites and could schedule one 15 minutes from now so that's a good last second plan to have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sailor05 said:

I think my plan will be to schedule with CVS or Walgreens and if something goes wrong or if I can't get appointment then I will use one of the proctoring services with a home test. This way most likely will be a free test. My CVS and Walgreens are only scheduling 3 days out and look to have a full schedule right now. I looked at both the proctoring sites and could schedule one 15 minutes from now so that's a good last second plan to have.

I like this idea as well.  Having a backup like this give me some comfort.

Anyone use this recently to board?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 12:20 PM, SingBill said:

Thank you so much for this helpful information.  May I ask if you used a desktop, laptop, smartphone, or iPad.  The reason I ask is my desktop computer does not have a camera so I will  have to use my iPhone or iPad.

I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now  - only got back a couple days ago. 

The iHealth tests have to be done on a computer or laptop. They will not accept phone or tablet use. We ended up having to use a laptop for the pre-trip tests, then took a couple Binax tests with us in order to test to fly back to the US from London (which we were able to do on our phone using VOOM while in port at Le Havre the day before. It wasn't the greatest connection, but did its job.) There were other in person options for testing according to the documentation RCL left in the stateroom a day or two before, but luckily we didn't need to utilize any of it.

I have used the iHealth test when in England and returning to the US.  It only allowed a Laptop.  No phone, or IPad.  It was a great service.  We sail on Sunday and drive to Jersey on Saturday, so, we will test on Friday.  I'm not carrying my laptop.

1 hour ago, Nessa1dc said:

I have used the iHealth test when in England and returning to the US.  It only allowed a Laptop.  No phone, or IPad.  It was a great service.  We sail on Sunday and drive to Jersey on Saturday, so, we will test on Friday.  I'm not carrying my laptop.

IHealth is not offering any proctored appointments at the present time. Their website states "Sold Out", and has for the past few weeks. 

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

IHealth is not offering any proctored appointments at the present time. Their website states "Sold Out", and has for the past few weeks. 

Aww man...this will be a problem....who else?

1 hour ago, Nessa1dc said:

Aww man...this will be a problem....who else?

We will probably try this company if it is still required in September: Observed Test for Travel - Rapid Test & Trace USA (rapidtestandtrace.com)

They do accept the IHealth tests and any other FDA approved covid test, FloFlex, etc. They have a list. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 6:14 PM, yvonnedb said:

We just used these early this morning (both negative, thank god).

You can use the two tests within one box. All they wanted to make sure of was whether everything was still sealed in the individual packaging, so having the original box opened didn't matter. 

Do allow yourself some extra time between tests if you're only using one computer for multiple people. My husband's was scheduled for midnight, mine for 12:45am, and my test still ended up starting late due to a few hiccups with his - it wasn't connecting to a proctor for the longest time for some reason. Fortunately he had put his phone number on the sign in page even though it was optional, so they called him to start the process. We were then told to constantly refresh the screen when it was my turn to force the system to connect with someone. Rather ridiculous, but it did work. I only had to wait a couple minutes whereas his was about 20 minutes late. Fortunately the results were emailed immediately while still connected - they had us confirm that all our information was correct before disconnecting. And the results are very thorough. 

Hope this helps!

I noticed that both you and your husband had appointments for the proctor testing. I was not aware an appointment was needed. How do I make the the appointment for the Abbott BinaxNow Covid testing.  I don’t leave until August 1. It would be great if this pre test is discontinued  for Celebrity by then, but that is unrealistic to expect. . 

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

We will probably try this company if it is still required in September: Observed Test for Travel - Rapid Test & Trace USA (rapidtestandtrace.com)

They do accept the IHealth tests and any other FDA approved covid test, FloFlex, etc. They have a list. 

Hi @Coralc

How is the test actually scheduled if you use this "Rapid Test & Trace....." .... is it after you add it to your cart or ? 

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Hi @Coralc

How is the test actually scheduled if you use this "Rapid Test & Trace....." .... is it after you add it to your cart or ? 

I don't know @mets07. We haven't tried the new competitor yet. We used IHealth proctored in late April for our cruise, but obviously, that is not an option at present. 

In that case, you did actually need to add the proctored session to your cart and pay for it before you received a ticket number to schedule an appointment. At that time, there were lots of times available with IHealth And now they are "Sold Out". 

I would love to hear more from any Cruise Critic members who have used Rapid Test & Trace.com option. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I would love to hear more from any Cruise Critic members who have used Rapid Test & Trace.com option. :classic_biggrin:

I bought the proctor service from Rapid Test & Trace for our June 3rd testing.  I will let you all know once it's been done and hopefully accepted by Royal.  I will also schedule Walgreens testing on June 3rd at 9:30 a.m. as a backup, just in case.  Our flight to New Jersey is at 1:30 p.m. and we need to leave for our flight around 10:30.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ms2paint said:

I noticed that both you and your husband had appointments for the proctor testing. I was not aware an appointment was needed. How do I make the the appointment for the Abbott BinaxNow Covid testing.  I don’t leave until August 1. It would be great if this pre test is discontinued  for Celebrity by then, but that is unrealistic to expect. . 

Abbot BinaxNow tests do not require an appointment. They are available 24/7, you just sign in to your account. 

My issue is trying to get approved, proctored testing for cruises and the ability to use some of the (many) covid-19 tests that I already have. I don't want to buy new tests in big boxes. The pharmacy and my health care provider keep pushing more test kits on us. :classic_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, tj_shopper said:

I bought the proctor service from Rapid Test & Trace for our June 3rd testing.  I will let you all know once it's been done and hopefully accepted by Royal.  I will also schedule Walgreens testing on June 3rd at 9:30 a.m. as a backup, just in case.  Our flight to New Jersey is at 1:30 p.m. and we need to leave for our flight around 10:30.

Please come back and let us know! :classic_smile: RCI says any proctored covid test is acceptable, but I am curious about their process too. Thanks! 

We actually encountered a proctor issue with IHealth, so maybe they have just shut it down to work the bugs out. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 1:03 PM, pabb56 said:

When you buy through the RCCL website you get 2 tests for $70 and a proctored session. Can that second boxed be used and proctored. Anyone with experience with these tests please let me know. Thanks

Each test (Abbott IDNow AG) is to be proctored…very easy to use . There is one test in each box. I stressed so much over it, and once we actually used it for our Nov cruise, it was so EASY! No appointment necessary, available 24/7 to proctor your test from anywhere I the world! Just need dependent wifi and computer, iPad, or smart phone. I just received today 6 more to take to Rome to use to board our ship and to fly back home to the US. 

You will need to create an account at Navica.com for EACH one of you to do your test.  No worries, it’s all very easy and there are videos on YouTube showing ppl taking the test from start to finish. I watched a couple and it gave me confidence 😊.  Good luck! 

• Like 1

If there’s a Nomi Health Center in your area, they do pre-cruise testing for free, whether or not you have insurance.  Just Google it to find a location near you.

My niece told me about it and, later that day, someone posted that info on this forum.

Through the Rapid Test & Trace service (thanks OP for posting this), here are the authorized tests we can use. I have not confirmed yet though, if the free Rapid tests I received via USPS are on this list:

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/covid19-rapid-tests-devices/

And, with Rapid Test & Trace, we can use mobile device cameras to dial in with the proctor. This will save us money using this method. I am not yet sure though if RCL accepts these tests or not....according to some comments, they do, so maybe all good!

Capture.JPG

Edited by johnjen
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 6:37 PM, sailor05 said:

Hi Sailor, What service did you see the 15 min out availability? We leave in 2 weeks and I like this as a back up plan too. I have appointment for all of us made but if testing has a flare up in numbers(you just never know) then we are not guaranteed the turnaround time. We have the test timed for boarding the ship BUT we have a snag, Bermuda. They need their test results the day before we sail, and THAT is where our problem occurs. IF we cannot get our PCR test results back in time for Bermuda, having this back up plan will be wonderful. Please, share the proctoring company you checked out. Thanks!

18 hours ago, iuki said:

If there’s a Nomi Health Center in your area, they do pre-cruise testing for free, whether or not you have insurance.  Just Google it to find a location near you.

My niece told me about it and, later that day, someone posted that info on this forum.

Nomi is only in Ft Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami/Nebraska/Utah/ BYU Hawaii/ and Texas. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, johnjen said:

Through the Rapid Test & Trace service (thanks OP for posting this), here are the authorized tests we can use. I have not confirmed yet though, if the free Rapid tests I received via USPS are on this list:

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/covid19-rapid-tests-devices/

And, with Rapid Test & Trace, we can use mobile device cameras to dial in with the proctor. This will save us money using this method. I am not yet sure though if RCL accepts these tests or not....according to some comments, they do, so maybe all good!

Capture.JPG

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sailor05 said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Really appreciate you sending the link. I am sure I am not the only one wanting it. 😉

I was not aware of any of these.

Did some research earlier and found that yes Royal , and yes even airlines use them.

Packing them, realy safety, they will become the packed bag for under the seat.

I did find out that you canNOT have them mailed to the hotel outside the US where you will be staying from the manufacturer BUT I will be "testing" how some test kits survive me mailing them to the Med. (I am bringing along a second set just in case, but if they travel well, it will be worth the experiment and save me the transporting by air hassles in the future). 

Again, my thanks.

• Like 1