Unable to print luggage labels

Elephant1151

I tried a few days ago to print the e tickets and luggage labels.  There were problems so I researched it and found information about using a different browser and enabling pop up windows.  I managed to print the e tickets but on returning could not ptint the luggage labels.  Both are 'greyed out'.

My travel agent states this is a Cunard and P&O issue.  I rang Cunard today they will send a query to the IT Department for them to look into, still may not be available for Monday when we sail.  Anyone else having similar issues.? I certainly have never experienced it before.

I have prepared a label of my own to assist when we get to Southampton.  Loved the lables we received at the back of the Before you sail booklet.

We couldn't print e-tickets or luggage labels in March. First time that had happened to us too.

TA spoke to Cunard.  TA managed print e-tickets on their system for us, but couldn't do labels. 

There was a table with representatives by the luggage pods at Ocean terminal, where they could provide you with labels to attach to your cases before you drop them at the pod itself.

Have a lovely cruise.

Cunard Luggage Labels. 

( Additional) Luggage Labels are, and  have always been available from the porters ( both at Southampton & Brooklyn) Just need to fill in name & stateroom number clearly . 

Don't worry if you are unable to print them off ...The most most Important Document you need is a Boarding pass/e ticket that indicates your 'time of arrival' for check-in at the terminal .

I spoke to Cunard  yesterday  it took it no further forward. I took a pragmatic decision and printed wrap around labels with all the details of a Cunard label

Name stateroom. Location. Cruise Ref 

and  contact details

I remember the days when we got a box with leather luggage holders with tickets.   Then a faux leather wallet with all tickets in it.

• Like 2

Perhaps one of the Cunard IT engineers has made changes that are now allowing at least some browsers to access the pdfs correctly.  Some of the security features in at least one browser causes problems with payment systems, as well as the "I'm not a robot" Captcha authenticators.  As browsers become increasingly more secure they can at times 'break' security features that are in place in web sites! 

Not having been on Cunard since 2018, I'm not sure of the current process for printing luggage tags, but if one can access the pdf and just be unable to print it, is it possible to save the pdf as a separate file on your hard drive/phone/tablet/whatever and then print that file? I've had to do that with one of the private parking lots we use at the airport, since the printout from their site never seems to include the bar code...which is how the reservation is accessed once at the lot.

Might also be a bigger pain than just waiting to get tags at the boarding terminal.

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

Not having been on Cunard since 2018, I'm not sure of the current process for printing luggage tags, but if one can access the pdf and just be unable to print it, is it possible to save the pdf as a separate file on your hard drive/phone/tablet/whatever and then print that file? I've had to do that with one of the private parking lots we use at the airport, since the printout from their site never seems to include the bar code...which is how the reservation is accessed once at the lot.

Might also be a bigger pain than just waiting to get tags at the boarding terminal.

Yes, it is exactly what I did - downloaded the pdf file, and then printed it separately from the browser. That worked for me, and I felt it was important to not leave it till the last minute!

• 4 weeks later...

I also had problems viewing or printing our tickets and luggage labels. It was very frustrating. The advice on the Cunard website isn’t any help!

Thanks to all for recommending trying to use a different web browser- worked first time. 

45 minutes ago, mumoftwo said:

How many days before sailing do you have access to print the labels?

21 days I believe

Exactly 21 days before our voyage we received an e-mail telling us that on-line check-in was available. It is optional to complete that, but I did and found it wasn't as difficult as it sounded. They probably won't like the photos I uploaded. There is a warning that you might still have to have photos taken at check-in. So now we have printed e-tickets and boarding passes as well as luggage tags.

Edited by david,Mississauga

My problem is that I can’t check-in on-line. I have printed the e-tickets and luggage tags, but check-in is greyed out. I have tried various browsers, enabled pop-ups, deleted cookies - everything I can think of, and everything Cunard suggested. It still says check-in not available! 

Cunard insist I need to use Chrome, but don’t accept it doesn’t work for me!