ArriveCan question

abby1257

41 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

OK....I did the ArriveCan....and it worked....YAY!   Unfortunately, after printing it off I realized I spelled my brother's middle name wrong....will this matter.....

I suggest that you redo it. Remember, the identities of travellers included in ArriveCAN must match their passports.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I suggest that you redo it. Remember, the identities of travellers included in ArriveCAN must match their passports.

So I have to go in and delete the whole thing or can I just delete my brother and redo him?

15 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

So I have to go in and delete the whole thing or can I just delete my brother and redo him?

Just start a new trip. The system should have retained traveler information so you only have to select them and edit the name. When you make the new submission it will throw out the old one.

• Like 1

Leaving from Vancouver on Princess May11, cruise to/from Alaska and return to Vancouver on May 25. Spouse and I are both Canadians flying from Toronto. Still not sure of ArriveCan rules. Do I submit my info within 72 hours of boarding in Vancouver, on May 11,or within 72 hours of disembarking on 25. Or both? Antigen test needed within 2 days for cruise, but not for train or flight? As I age, things are not so clear, but do not want to break rules and be fined, and there is a lot of good advice given here. Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Crusenjohn said:

Leaving from Vancouver on Princess May11, cruise to/from Alaska and return to Vancouver on May 25. Spouse and I are both Canadians flying from Toronto. Still not sure of ArriveCan rules. Do I submit my info within 72 hours of boarding in Vancouver, on May 11,or within 72 hours of disembarking on 25. Or both? Antigen test needed within 2 days for cruise, but not for train or flight? As I age, things are not so clear, but do not want to break rules and be fined, and there is a lot of good advice given here. Thanks in advance.

You only need to fill in ArriveCAN once; withing 72 hours of embarkation on May 11. You do not need a second submission.

You are correct; test is only needed to board the cruise. To travel by plane or rail within Canada, you need to be fully vaccinated, but no test is required.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crusenjohn said:

Do I submit my info within 72 hours of boarding in Vancouver, on May 11

Yes.

13 minutes ago, Crusenjohn said:

Antigen test needed within 2 days for cruise, but not for train or flight?

Correct.

9 hours ago, broberts said:

Just start a new trip. The system should have retained traveler information so you only have to select them and edit the name. When you make the new submission it will throw out the old one.

Where will I see start a new trip.....

Hello broberts and Fouremco.  I'm reaching out to you because you both seem very knowledgeable about ArriveCan and the cruise specific forums are just confusing me more than ever...so my question, I will do ArriveCan on Thursday for my flight into Vancouver on Friday...my cruise starts Sunday, so still within the 72 hours of completing ArriveCan.  Do I really need to do ArriveCan twice?  Once for entry into Canada (yes absolutely) and once for getting on the ship?  That doesn't make sense to me at all.  But that is what apparently RCC is telling their passengers.  I really think no one out here in the non Canada world has a clue. (and I'm on HAL and they haven't said much about ArriveCan).  

I appreciate all your help, you've already helped me so much and you don't even know it 😃

Rachel

19 minutes ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Hello broberts and Fouremco.  I'm reaching out to you because you both seem very knowledgeable about ArriveCan and the cruise specific forums are just confusing me more than ever...so my question, I will do ArriveCan on Thursday for my flight into Vancouver on Friday...my cruise starts Sunday, so still within the 72 hours of completing ArriveCan.  Do I really need to do ArriveCan twice?  Once for entry into Canada (yes absolutely) and once for getting on the ship?  That doesn't make sense to me at all.  But that is what apparently RCC is telling their passengers.  I really think no one out here in the non Canada world has a clue. (and I'm on HAL and they haven't said much about ArriveCan).  

I appreciate all your help, you've already helped me so much and you don't even know it 😃

Rachel

Think of it this way.  Your Friday flight into Vancouver is your first entry into Canada, so that is your first ArriveCAN QR code.  Your next entry into Canada will be upon disembarkation (I am making assumptions that you have a Vancouver return) so that will require another ArriveCAN QR code as you have already used the first one.  Make sense?

Sorry, I realize I could have been clearer.  You are entering Canada twice so that requires two QR codes.  The first entry is your Vancouver flight on Friday.  Then you are leaving Canada to go to the US.  Your second entry will require another QR code which means, yes, you need to make a new ArriveCAN entry to board the ship.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Rachel

I believe that you are on the 7-Day Glacier Discovery Northbound that embarks in Vancouver but disembarks in Whittier, Alaska. While logic might suggest that you wouldn't need an ArriveCAN submission for a cruise that departs Canada and terminates in the US, the government requirement is that you must make an ArriveCAN submission for any cruise that arrives or departs Canada.

Before boarding your cruise ship: all travellers must submit their embarkation test information into ArriveCAN within 72 hours of boarding a cruise, including Canadians and those who just used ArriveCAN to enter Canada:

• in another country for a cruise that will enter Canada
  • in Canada

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise (Updated 2022-04-22)

So, yes, you will need an ArriveCAN submission for your initial entry to Canada and a second one prior to boarding your cruise. Fortunately, with all of your passenger information already loaded into the app and saved with your first submission, it will be very quick just entering the new trip information the second time around. 

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

Thank you Ms G and Fouremco…Four, may I call you Four?, you are correct on my cruise info.  The ArriveCan website wasn’t as clear as you are and so I’m happy to have it spelled out.  Will I need to upload my pre cruise Covid test results as well?  We’ll be doing those Saturday morning with telehealth monitoring.  
Rachel

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Sorry, I realize I could have been clearer.  You are entering Canada twice so that requires two QR codes.  The first entry is your Vancouver flight on Friday.  Then you are leaving Canada to go to the US.  Your second entry will require another QR code which means, yes, you need to make a new ArriveCAN entry to board the ship.

Actually I’m only entering Canada once but I’m willing to do whatever it takes to start cruising again.  And did you used to have a Beeker (muppet) picture?  I seem to remember us chatting about another cruise years ago that you had to cancel.  Still hope to meet you on a ship some day. 

5 minutes ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Thank you Ms G and Fouremco…Four, may I call you Four?, you are correct on my cruise info.  The ArriveCan website wasn’t as clear as you are and so I’m happy to have it spelled out.  Will I need to upload my pre cruise Covid test results as well?  We’ll be doing those Saturday morning with telehealth monitoring.  
Rachel

ArriveCAN no longer asks about negative tests. You will need to present proof at cruise check-in.

Have a great cruise.

7 minutes ago, SeaSickCecil said:

And did you used to have a Beeker (muppet) picture?  I seem to remember us chatting about another cruise years ago that you had to cancel.  Still hope to meet you on a ship some day. 

I did!  Gosh, that was a long time ago.  So many cruises cancelled.  lol. I wonder which one that was?  My biggest disappointment was when I finally had the Prinsendam booked and then they sold the ship!  I’m sure we’ll get to meet some day.  😊

16 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I believe that you are on the 7-Day Glacier Discovery Northbound that embarks in Vancouver but disembarks in Whittier, Alaska. While logic might suggest that you wouldn't need an ArriveCAN submission for a cruise that departs Canada and terminates in the US, the government requirement is that you must make an ArriveCAN submission for any cruise that arrives or departs Canada.

Before boarding your cruise ship: all travellers must submit their embarkation test information into ArriveCAN within 72 hours of boarding a cruise, including Canadians and those who just used ArriveCAN to enter Canada:

• in another country for a cruise that will enter Canada
  • in Canada

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise (Updated 2022-04-22)

So, yes, you will need an ArriveCAN submission for your initial entry to Canada and a second one prior to boarding your cruise. Fortunately, with all of your passenger information already loaded into the app and saved with your first submission, it will be very quick just entering the new trip information the second time around. 

I may need to retract my post. While there are a number of current GOC documents stating that you need to use ArriveCAN to board a cruise within Canada, I just tried to enter a Vancouver-Whittier cruise without success. As I've not had trouble in the past making dummy entries, I don't think it's my ability to use the app that's in question, but instead that the app can no longer accommodate the stated requirements. Comments?

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I don't think it's my ability to use the app that's in question, but instead that the app can no longer accommodate the stated requirements. Comments?

I don’t see any RCC cruises disembarking in Whittier; just Anchorage (Seward).  Could that be the problem?

4 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I don’t see any RCC cruises disembarking in Whittier; just Anchorage (Seward).  Could that be the problem?

The cruise in question is with HAL and does terminate in Whittier. But even if it was Anchorage, the problem persists. The current version of the app allows you to select marine ports of entry, but when you go to enter your marine trip details, you can enter Canada as your "Country of original departure", but then the only option is for "Port of Entry: This is the first port of arrival in Canada". So, contrary to the requirement specified in the GOC docs, there doesn't seem to be a means by which one can enter a Vancouver-Whittier cruise that doesn't have a port of call within Canada.

Many of us have questioned the logic of this requirement. Perhaps the change has been made eliminated the need and the docs are simply not up to date.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

No problems. Got to the submit stage. It didn’t ask me for a disembarkation port.

Grrrrr....

OK, talk me through it, I'm obviously missing something. How do you manage not to get asked the country of original departure question? It comes up with a red asterisk indicating a required field.

Reason for travel:  Canadian citizens...

How are you entering into Canada:  Entry by marine

Country of original departure:  Canada

Date of embarkation:  2022-05-06 12:30

The next question is Port of Entry. Without responding to this question with a Canadian port I can't progress.

Just now, Fouremco said:

Grrrrr....

OK, talk me through it, I'm obviously missing something. How do you manage not to get asked the country of original departure question? It comes up with a red asterisk indicating a required field.

Reason for travel:  Canadian citizens...

How are you entering into Canada:  Entry by marine

Country of original departure:  Canada

Date of embarkation:  2022-05-06 12:30

The next question is Port of Entry. Without responding to this question with a Canadian port I can't progress.

Presumably SeaSickCecil is NOT a Canadian citizen.