Afternoon tea

cheshire

9 hours ago, cheshire said:

Love my coffee. Cant start my day without one but afternoon tea has to be tea.  Jam first or cream first is always a pout.  Plain or fruit scones another.  Jam must be strawberry.  Can’t be anything else.   Rodda’s clotted cream too but alas unlike Cunard it appears not. 

doesnt have to be strawberry especially if you dont like strawberry jam.

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Pleasantly surprised to hear that.  Standards not entirely gone, then!  

Food in BA club Europe is pretty decent now. Seats are rubbish, but the food is ok. I asked my DW ' why are we paying an extra £250 each just to get a decent meal.?.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Food in BA club Europe is pretty decent now. Seats are rubbish, but the food is ok. I asked my DW ' why are we paying an extra £250 each just to get a decent meal.?.

Hopefully you made full use of the free bar in the lounge to offset the £250 !

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Probably a tenner each. Next time on short haul, we go economy and pay for the lounge.

Makes sense. 

We are off to Barcelona soon, and returning from Athens, and using our Avios points to fly Club. Without the points, we would be sitting in the back!

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Makes sense. 

We are off to Barcelona soon, and returning from Athens, and using our Avios points to fly Club. Without the points, we would be sitting in the back!

We had more room on TUI with extra legroom seats. When I book for Barcelona next year, it's either cattle class, of a good deal on avios. As an aside, I was on the phone to BA for 88 minutes when their system went down, it cost me £22. I sent in a formal complaints. They are going to refund me.......go on P&O, you can do it 🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

We had more room on TUI with extra legroom seats. When I book for Barcelona next year, it's either cattle class, of a good deal on avios. As an aside, I was on the phone to BA for 88 minutes when their system went down, it cost me £22. I sent in a formal complaints. They are going to refund me.......go on P&O, you can do it 🤣

We have booked premium seats with tui as it’s a direct flight which saves hours as I won’t use the bearded wonders airline. 

• Haha 1