Afternoon tea

cheshire

12 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Just as well the Caribbean doesn't interest me...

Do you never dream of lying on the beach in the warm Caribbean sun in the middle of January ?

Believe me, it is fantastic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Do you never dream of lying on the beach in the warm Caribbean sun in the middle of January ?

Believe me, it is fantastic.

Not really a beach person any more - especially if sailing solo. I have visited the Caribbean five times over the years. A week's hotel holiday on Barbados, a 7-night Princess Cruise, a Fort Lauderdale to San Diego cruise with Celebrity through the Panama Canal, a 14-night cruise on Azura and a 7-night Marella cruise that included an overnight in Havana. If I wanted a winter sun cruise now, I'd rather risk the canaries from Southampton and wouldn't then have the hassle of flying too. I could possibly be tempted by an itinerary that included Cuba as I'd love to return to Havana and maybe see another bit of Cuba too. P&O unlikely to do anything like that now though...

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Oh, the horror! 

I will never cruise with P&O in the Caribbean again!

What a strange question.

That’s it. That’s your answer? You wasted your time to type that out. It’s a 16 night cruise. Not going ashore every day plus sea days when we can relax and enjoy what’s onboard. Afternoon tea is part of that to us,  

Strangest answer to a question but assuming you don’t know the difference between the Devon way v  Cornish way I’ll ignore you. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cheshire said:

That’s it. That’s your answer? You wasted your time to type that out. It’s a 16 night cruise. Not going ashore every day plus sea days when we can relax and enjoy what’s onboard. Afternoon tea is part of that to us,  

Strangest answer to a question but assuming you don’t know the difference between the Devon way v  Cornish way I’ll ignore you. 

One of the few things I enjoyed on my cruise with Marella in the Caribbean was the lovely scones with jam and thick cream served in the afternoon...

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

One of the few things I enjoyed on my cruise with Marella in the Caribbean was the lovely scones with jam and thick cream served in the afternoon...

We are off to Cornwall in a few weeks. Butter first , then jam followed by clotted cream and coffee please. 🤣

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are off to Cornwall in a few weeks. Butter first , then jam followed by clotted cream and coffee please. 🤣

No, no, no. It has to be tea, not coffee...😉😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Britboys said:

No, no, no. It has to be tea, not coffee...😉😂

Love my coffee. Cant start my day without one but afternoon tea has to be tea.  Jam first or cream first is always a pout.  Plain or fruit scones another.  Jam must be strawberry.  Can’t be anything else.   Rodda’s clotted cream too but alas unlike Cunard it appears not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheshire said:

I love afternoon tea.  I even had it recently on a short connecting flight to Manchester from Heathrow. 

E7295188-E45A-45F7-A5D4-D57FA3F1537F.jpeg

Looks like BA, club. We had a beef thingy. It was ok, but was hoping for the afternoon tea.🤣

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Worse than whipped, it's out of a spray can.

Isn’t it spray can rubbish in the buffet but clotted cream in the MDR? Well it’s been that way on our last few P&O cruises. Perhaps clotted cream is another “because of Covid” thing? The only issue with the MDR clotted cream was that they give you the most miserly sized portion and I have to ask for more 😂 

• Like 2

Absolutely love an Afternoon Tea, esp. on holiday: well, a good one - not the hackneyed attempt in the MDR (at least on the last 3 cruises) with dry, thick, insipid sandwiches and overly sweet cakes/sweets that taste like reject Costco cakes ie) Afternoon Tea for the non-discerning palate! We still go back to their Afternoon Tea in the hope the standard picks up…one day!

But in their favour they do serve really lovely scones - but oh for a good, proper clotted cream on board: the cream they serve really is execrable. But a plate of scones with a pot of good tea on board really is lovely.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, lincslady said:

That airline afternoon tea looks excellent - I don't suppose they are doing it now.

That was last month on our connecting  flight home from the states via Heathrow.  Club Europe admittedly.