Royal Suites

Has anyone had a Royal Suite and if so was it much nicer than a Grand? Are the locations a risk...forward or aft? We have a Grand on 10 and are right where we like to be, in the middle of the ship. Royal is tempting us to try to  Royal up and not sure if we care to do it since we know where we are, and know we'll be happy there.

10 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

There's only one way to find out.  😉  (BTW, it might help to mention the ship...not all Royal Suites are created equal)

Good point! We're on Liberty next weekend.

12 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

I feel like Adventure is one of the least desirable Royal Suites in the fleet. Different layout, only the 1 bathroom. Round bed is cool, but short.

We've been in RS on

Granduer
Anthem
Adventure
Vision
Enchantment
Serenade (upcoming in August)

Suites with the two bathrooms are nice if you are traveling with 4 (like we usually do since we take our kids with us).  The Concierge walk aboard on smaller ships is really nice.  The Genie on larger ships is also very nice.  On Liberty the RS is right in the middle in the bump out like Adventure.  We liked the spot.  Unlike Anthem where it is like 1/2 mile walk from the elevator (exaggeration obviously, but it is far).....you also get a wide/long balcony which is nice for sitting out an watching the waves go by.

From my perspective, I am always willing to spend the extra on the RS no matter the ship, but I'm not like everyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloesimon said:

I have been in the RS 2x on IOTS and once on LOTS. The location is great. No noise. People like to ring the door bell but you can disable it.

We've discussed this before while walking by cabins that have doorbells knowing it has to happen. I'd be making that request.  

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 4:04 PM, Chloesimon said:

I People like to ring the door bell but you can disable it.

That's funny we have had several OS and never had anybody uninvited ring the bell.  Maybe I had already disabled it and didn't know it.  

23 hours ago, dodgestang said:

We've been in RS on

Granduer
Anthem
Adventure
Vision
Enchantment
Serenade (upcoming in August)

Suites with the two bathrooms are nice if you are traveling with 4 (like we usually do since we take our kids with us).  The Concierge walk aboard on smaller ships is really nice.  The Genie on larger ships is also very nice.  On Liberty the RS is right in the middle in the bump out like Adventure.  We liked the spot.  Unlike Anthem where it is like 1/2 mile walk from the elevator (exaggeration obviously, but it is far).....you also get a wide/long balcony which is nice for sitting out an watching the waves go by.

From my perspective, I am always willing to spend the extra on the RS no matter the ship, but I'm not like everyone else.

We're in it next week on Serenade!  we'll keep it nice for you 🙂

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

That's funny we have had several OS and never had anybody uninvited ring the bell.  Maybe I had already disabled it and didn't know it.  

We had an OS on Independence last month and the doorbell worked because our kids who stayed in another cabin used it just to annoy me!  Nobody rang it, but our kids.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

That's funny we have had several OS and never had anybody uninvited ring the bell.

We've had people ring our bell and I have seen my brother ring bells while walking down the hallway.  I don't think it's a huge problem, but it does happen.

We have had the Royal Suite on Mariner and now Independence.  The suites are so spacious…not much smaller than our house.  They are a good bit larger than other suites…both are two full rooms that could be large cabins themselves and you can shut the bedroom side off with doors if someone needs a little more sleep because they were determined to get their money’s worth on the drink package.  It happens…

Doorbell…staff uses it when they bring stuff.  One person rang it on the Mariner; it was a couple we met and dinner and saw them walk by and we gave them a tour.  They asked to ring it.

The pianos on both are very limited and have not worked really well.  The one on Mariner had a floppy disk drive fail…no idea how they even found another one of those!  I like the piano; it is playing now.  Just not much music selection and  both have been kind of wonky.

We have had a bottle of champagne and enjoyed the suite’s hot tub both nights so far on the Independence.  There is not one on Mariner.

They are very similar and, to us, worth the splurge.  Depending on pricing we will do them again…or not.  A balcony is just fine for us.

A great Concierge is  huge plus.  Did not know how much until we met Grecia on this cruise.  She is a gem who takes care of everything (not that we ask a lot) and is a joy to be around.  She contacts us every day and replenishes sodas and waters, etc. for us.

28 minutes ago, TexasRon said:

The pianos on both are very limited and have not worked really well.  The one on Mariner had a floppy disk drive fail…no idea how they even found another one of those!  I like the piano; it is playing now.  Just not much music selection and  both have been kind of wonky.

We bring our daughter.....5 yrs of lessons....she brings her books ;).  Also I get her an internet package....she has access to all the music needed and plays for hours when we are on board.  🙂 (proud papa hyperlinking below....be warned 😉 )

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1