Frozen Drinks

On 5/4/2022 at 10:28 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Miami Vice is at the top of my list.  Last January I saw the Lava Flow and tried it.  I liked it but but went back to Miami Vice as favorite.  Worth trying though.  Not sure how much I want to drink frozen drinks next week on an Alaska cruise 🥶 but will see.  After seeing some listed here I may try peach 🍑 or mix strawberry 🍓 and mango 🥭.

For years I've seen the Lava Flow suggested as a "must try." Your post comparing the Miami Vice with the Lava Flow is what finally got me to look up the recipes online.

I can't believe that for all these years I've assumed a Lava Flow was a chocolate drink. I have no idea what gave me that idea. 

Anyhow - it sounds like both drinks are basically a strawberry daiquiri on the bottom half of the glass, and a piña colada on the top half. The difference between the Miami Vice and the Lava Flow sounds like the Miami Vice is a little more citrusy/tart because it has lime juice, whereas the Lava Flow is a little more sweet because it has banana.

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/lava-flow/

The more you know...💫

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WisconsinCruiser said:

Thank you all for your responses.  I was getting a bit worried since the drink menus that I have seen do not show any frozen drinks.   I may have to try a BBC LOL : ) 🤣

They have Pina Colada, Margarita, Mango Daiquiri, Peach Daiquiri, Strawberry Daiquiri, etc.  

Pretty sure not all bars have blenders. Anything near the pool deck will and most high traffic bars will, but I definitely have ran into some without. Your pub/champagne type bars are less likely to have them.

On the topic of taking things to the bartender, grab a large glass from the windjammer or bar, and fill it with ice cream. Take it to the bar to get a real Muddslide and not the chipped ice version. 

• Like 1

Tried almost every bar on Harmony in March for the aforementioned BBC with no luck.  Said they did not have the banana liquor (syrup?) to make it.  So I just got straight Baileys!!  I have an extensive drink list I will post.