Voyager of the Seas replaced with Serenade of the Seas Sept 2023 Northern Europe

18 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Thank you for posting this.  It looks like fun.  Did you visit Riga, Latvia?  Did you dock near the city center or some distance to the city?  TIA

Riga is on our August voyage. It's my understanding we dock in town. Right before the bridge

Screenshot_20220506-134009_Maps.thumb.jpg.45e74b8dc55b6d51a31eeffec8fe0551.jpg

Screenshot_20220506-134156_Maps.thumb.jpg.e368cb241434a90b2da9788f07588afb.jpg

2 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Thank you for posting this.  It looks like fun.  Did you visit Riga, Latvia?  Did you dock near the city center or some distance to the city?  TIA

Didn't go to Riga. In Aarhus we docked in the industrial part. Free buses took us the short trip to the town. Plenty helpers and tourist info

DSC_0985.JPG

DSC_0984.JPG

DSC_0982.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What time do you leave  there? Might be really late why no one is in a hurry to get off.

We left at 5pm. I got the bus in and walked back. I was back for the back of 2. Strange street you walk up. It has a canal running down the middle of it

Just now, bigeck said:

We left at 5pm. I got the bus in and walked back. I was back for the back of 2. Strange street you walk up. It has a canal running down the middle of it

DSC_0989.JPG

DSC_0990.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What's the main attraction there?

This is from the leaflet I got

Aarhus is a city in Denmark on the Jutland peninsula’s east coast. Den Gamle By is its old town open-air museum, with centuries-old timbered houses. Nearby are the greenhouses of the Aarhus Botanical Garden. In the center, the multistory ARoS art museum shows global contemporary works. The underground Viking Museum explores early local history. Nearby, Aarhus Cathedral has restored 14th- to 16th-century frescoes.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Looks like 2011 - 2013 were slow years.

I guess those big, hi-tech ships take a long time to build.

Richard Fain had mentioned that it was because of the economic slowdown from 2007 to 2009 where Royal put a stop to  ordering new ships that led to there being no ships for those years and put their expansion plans behind schedule. 

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, bigeck said:

That "canal" is the Aarus River.  It used to be paved over, called the Aboulevarden.  In 1989, it was decided to uncover the river to promote recreation and enhance the environment.  Project was completed in 2015.  Hope to visit in August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Cathedral. 
Art gallery

Shopping.

A very lively town. Lots of students. 

Pretty sail out too. Pic credit for the last pic goes to @bigeck

5711AE39-F7BB-441A-A541-5AB687B1B395.jpeg

5C44E0E7-5ECA-43E2-A8C4-185568BF2B48.jpeg

74D5C7B5-1859-4680-9029-6C2E89B8368C.jpeg

A5BBC9C1-DBB9-41CA-9E60-9BB6CBB0B721.jpeg

Thanks. Bill is in the post

27 minutes ago, JKHawaii said:

That "canal" is the Aarus River.  It used to be paved over, called the Aboulevarden.  In 1989, it was decided to uncover the river to promote recreation and enhance the environment.  Project was completed in 2015.  Hope to visit in August.

Nice bars and restaurants along the side of it.