Boarding time for B2B cruise

Check in just opened up for my B2B cruise. I always like to choose the earliest possible boarding time. But for our first B2B, I'm guessing this may be irrelevant? Does it matter what time we choose for the second leg of our B2B?

I selected a very early time but I know lots of people like to board early and I'm wondering if I should release that time for someone else, since we are onboard already.

So as long as I'm asking, I have other questions about a B2B. This is our first time on Royal and our first B2B. We are turning around in Ravenna. We are hoping to make turnaround day sort of like a port day and do a walking tour of the mosaics. Can we do that? If I choose a later boarding time, can we return to the ship and reboard earlier if we want to? Or do we have to reboard exactly during the boarding time we selected? 

Is there anything else I should know about this process? Thanks for any tips you can share!

Doesn't matter what time you pick for 2nd leg.

You will love doing a b2b especially if you have same cabin.

Yes, you may leave the ship after you do the checkin process for b2b cruisers.   Each ship handles slightly different.   

Link your cruise booking together or go to guest services the first or 2nd day when line is smaller and make sure they have you on list for b2bers.   You will then get instructions in your cabin later in the week.

Sometimes they will give you a transit pass to leave the ship or you just use the new sea pass card you get that morning.

Depends on when they locate last straggler.  Symphony last week went into terminal at 10 back onboard around 10:45.  No paperwork needed.  New cards and photos of vax certificates in dining room.  Some folks headed into Miami just before reboarding.  Everyone had In Transit passes to bypass checkin line

I also pick a late time....since it does not matter.  Gives someone that time slot I would have used.  Actually wish you could skip that part when you register for the second leg...as redundant.  

Silly me printed out the set sail pass again for second leg....duhh!    

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I usually pick the latest boarding time for the additional legs.  Perhaps it will help someone else who can use the earlier one?

Good idea. I will go and change mine to a later time 

I also choose a later arrival time for consecutive cruises to leave earlier times for others.

If you want to go into town on TAD, request an "In Transit" card before leaving the ship.  This card allows you to bypass the check-in line when you return to the ship. 

If you leave to tour on your own, you won't be allowed to board until they start General Boarding later in the morning, but it doesn't sound like that's an issue, as you won't be returning until later on in the day.  

With the "In Transit" card, you'll still need to go through the security line, but you won't have to wait for any particular arrival time, and you won't have to wait in line to check in.  Just show your In Transit card to everyone as you enter the building and workers should direct you on where to go.

• Like 1