Positive Covid test after cruise - Notification?

crdtrnr

On 5/10/2022 at 7:00 PM, Hoosierpop said:

It’s not a matter of wanting it to go away or not caring. It’s an issue of what does a cruise line, or any place where people congregate, do about this? There’s a reason why contract tracing isn’t done anymore. This isn’t just a cruise line issue. 

I assure you I wore the mask on the trip.  The majority did not as it was announced that week that stateside mask we now recommended.  Had this been like the other 3 cruises we were on over the past 9 months, I felt we wouldn't get covid as most 90+ wore mask and respected others.

Just saying again.  My wife did not get Covid and we isolated.  It's wide open now.

On a ship, you are more confined in crowded lines, elevators, etc - much more than other palaces other than ships.

Go fish.

I am fully aware that any cruise ship we board will bring with it a much higher risk than regular day-to-day activities. I'm good with that. The longer you're onboard, the harder it will be to dodge the ever increasing transmissibility of the variants. For that reason, I'm holding off on my booster until just before our Thanksgiving B2B on the Reflection. It's not a magic bullet, but it's our best shot at being able to enjoy the whole two weeks. Until then, weekenders it will be - safer, but still playing a game of roulette !

Regarding the original topic, yep -- I think that the cruise lines just want to keep their heads down and plow forward to some future time where quarantining will be a thing of the past. Fingers crossed!

Tom

On 5/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, crdtrnr said:

Does anyone know if there is someone at Carnival we are to notify if we test positive after the cruise?

Thanks

I need more information to answer this question. How many days after the cruise did you test positive? Do you have symptoms? Did a medical facility confirm you were positive. There are plenty of false positives. My wife and daughter tested positive at Walgreens and American Family Care and subsequent test were negative. Since you are positive, do you plan to notify all other parties you have come in contact with since the cruise. This could be a large number depending on the number of days after the cruise you were tested positive. Did you fly home, did you drive, stay in a motel, stop an eat in restaurants, etc... This picture could be far larger than the cruise line.

Let’s be honest - they don’t care and they really don’t want to know. It’s not like they are going to do anything different. I suspect the staff gets tested regularly and if positive, need to bow out fir some days. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2022 at 5:25 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

For that reason, I'm holding off on my booster until just before our Thanksgiving B2B on the Reflection

That actually may be a good plan. My husband got his second booster a couple of weeks before our April 30 cruise…I did not. I ended up positive for covid on our return but ( so far) he is negative .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lions1995 said:

Let’s be honest - they don’t care and they really don’t want to know. It’s not like they are going to do anything different. I suspect the staff gets tested regularly and if positive, need to bow out fir some days. 

Exactly, what difference would i make? Zero. They need to stop the transatlantic trips and reroute those ships to 6-8 day cruises to keep it moving. People have unrealistic expectations and the lines need to respond accordingly. Too many are looking for free shyt and running to medical for every sneeze or sniffle. Why burn cash? Keep it simple and controllable. Having a bunch of minor symptom folks crying online about being in prison (who obviously never been in prison lol) is a disservice to the industry and appeasing no one. Why bend over when it's not reciprocated?   

On 5/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, crdtrnr said:

Does anyone know if there is someone at Carnival we are to notify if we test positive after the cruise?

Thanks

Apparently everyone has an opinion but no one really knows the answer (not that I don't share some of the opinions).  I saw that RCI provides a contact point for anyone testing positive within 14 days of a cruise.  I find the 14 days surprising.  

Anyway, as already suggested you could contact Carnival and let them know.  If they don't want or need the info, then no harm done.