$50/day for Have it All package

quack2

5 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Our first time with HAL on Konninsgdam last week to Alaska, we booked twelve months ago when the HIA was not even mentioned or known about

We sail on 5/28 and my in-laws were upgraded to HIA after the fact at no additional cost. We have not been, even though the rates were nearly identical, so that is interesting to hear.

I finally got a hold of someone (not my PCC) at Holland this morning in an attempt to add the $50/day Have it All package.  Was informed that adding the package would add an additional $60 to the cost of my Platinum cancellation protection.  There's always a catch.

Screw it.

P.S.  Still waiting to hear from my PCC.

3 hours ago, quack2 said:

I finally got a hold of someone (not my PCC) at Holland this morning in an attempt to add the $50/day Have it All package.  Was informed that adding the package would add an additional $60 to the cost of my Platinum cancellation protection.  There's always a catch.

Screw it.

I don't think the PCC will be any different.  That said, when I've taken upsells in the past I was asked if I wanted to insure it.  I've always opted to do that.  Before anyone points it out I realize an upsell and this is different. I wonder if a person was so inclined if they could opt out of insuring it with the knowledge you will lose that money if you cancel.

Something else I'm wondering about with this.  I am somewhat tempted to do this but my cruise is several months out and I feel there could be price reductions before final.  If i take it, and the base fare that I originally bought goes down, I wonder  if I can get that price reduction OR if they will say no, you have the have it all and that price hasn't decreased.  I suppose I could cancel and rebook but then items I've purchased will also be cancelled along with my air.  If I ask Hal about this I don't want to hear the standard answer without knowing if it's true or not.

3 hours ago, quack2 said:

Screw it.

Yes, due to "perks" an increase in insurance price is always a consideration for us.

Just added this yesterday to our sailing at the end of the month. We have already booked and paid for our HAL excursions. Will they credit our onboard account the $100 per person  shore excursion credit? 

13 hours ago, TabithaK said:

Just added this yesterday to our sailing at the end of the month. We have already booked and paid for our HAL excursions. Will they credit our onboard account the $100 per person  shore excursion credit? 

Probably not.  But if you go to the shore excursion desk when you board, they should be able to handle the change over, unless you want to book more excursions?

Has anyone upgraded their HIA Signature Beverage Plan to Elite, recently? Specifically on the Koningsdam? 

I read somewhere in the forum that HAL no longer upgrades HIA Signature Plan.  We are booked for a July 2 sailing on Koningsdam and would like to upgrade our bev plan if we can.