Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

So how far in advance did you book your Tracy Arm excursion? I know it is limited and would like to try next time.

I booked it right away. But I switched cruises when they switched ships and was able to book it on the new cruise a couple months ago. Then they canceled the excursion completely because the boats weren’t available.  When they re-added it I was able to book it again. It’s one of those things that sells out, then opens back up, then sells out, then opens back up. When they had the sale a couple weeks ago I was able to cancel and re-book. They also have it listed under Seattle even though it’s not Seattle. If you know you want to do it I’d just book it right away to be safe. But they were advertising it today in the fun ashore thing so I’m guessing they have spots available again. CD Andy is on one of them.

Edited by Saint Greg

On 5/19/2022 at 6:51 AM, Saint Greg said:

There are printed docs for ArriveCAN? You can’t show them the app? Does ArriveCAN email you something? I have yet to see an app with a print function. The whole point of an app is you can do it On your phone.

ArriveCan emails you the confirmation with a QR code.  Once they scan my passport at customs, all the information you entered in ArriveCan app shows up.  I have never had to show my QR code yet.

2 minutes ago, Ragdollbd said:

ArriveCan emails you the confirmation with a QR code.  Once they scan my passport at customs, all the information you entered in ArriveCan app shows up.  I have never had to show my QR code yet.

I had to show it three or four times yesterday. It didn’t have to be printed. Having it on the phone was fine. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

On our Panorama Cruise a couple weeks ago, my wife and sister went to the piano bar and the singer refused to sing Sweet Caroline.  She tore up the request paper.  I thought that was a piano bar staple.

• Like 3

Tracking your ship & looks like you are at the tip of Vancouver Island.  Might start getting colder now. Wondering what the PAX are wearing. We leave for Alaska in a few day & trying to decide how much to pack. Thinking  T shirts, long sleeve shirts, jeans, a couple of sweaters and then waterproof coat, hoodie, winter coat, mitts, hat & boots. Can you keep an eye out for us & let us know if that looks about right.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ragdollbd said:

Huh, good to know.  I’ve gone over to Windsor a few times in the last couple of weeks and have always printed out the ArriveCAN form with the QR code and handed it to the Border Patrol agent with my ID.  Seems like at least one of them could have told me that I have to have it, but I don’t need to show it unless asked. Thanks.

• Like 1

Greg - So much appreciate the detail and humor and photos you put into your Reviews!!! We haven't been anywhere for two years and probably another year, so we're reliant on YOU.  I have to ask - how do you do the Menu PDF's?

Thanks, Ken

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Tracking your ship & looks like you are at the tip of Vancouver Island.  Might start getting colder now. Wondering what the PAX are wearing. We leave for Alaska in a few day & trying to decide how much to pack. Thinking  T shirts, long sleeve shirts, jeans, a couple of sweaters and then waterproof coat, hoodie, winter coat, mitts, hat & boots. Can you keep an eye out for us & let us know if that looks about right.

most were dressed warm. I was one hanging onto my last day in shorts and a t-shirt. Everyone pretty much stayed inside. It really helps that lido has a roof.

Now I’m in my typical jeans, polo evening wear. I’ll break out the cold weather gear in the morning.

I have everything on your list except for boots.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ken076 said:

Greg - So much appreciate the detail and humor and photos you put into your Reviews!!! We haven't been anywhere for two years and probably another year, so we're reliant on YOU.  I have to ask - how do you do the Menu PDF's?

Thanks, Ken

Lets do alchemy 

3977A334-1699-46B7-8C1A-64F5B5E33FA6.thumb.png.6d8300df7c94879fd8a0ad0b4d2dd506.png

F7730F87-2B88-448E-AAC2-4AFDEF5342F5.thumb.jpeg.f297a7f392158fdb81fee5398d55af9c.jpeg

190C03A7-1815-4312-A316-299D4584B250.thumb.jpeg.e52c37dfb07236ab8874ccdbfdc7e3f8.jpeg

7D0C3F81-2FC0-4B53-B0A5-057D6ABB9D18.thumb.jpeg.274cb9bddb7dcb6443926bb7782f267c.jpeg

54B7413D-6D83-4649-9B04-38CA047F74ED.thumb.jpeg.a5a12bd1ed3b576b2fa134c3956e86d4.jpeg

2B95DADC-8E29-41EE-AF30-9B60DF4EDB4B.thumb.jpeg.a17fe04bbb9810d1f5b2bdbdf7fc37e8.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

On our Panorama Cruise a couple weeks ago, my wife and sister went to the piano bar and the singer refused to sing Sweet Caroline.  She tore up the request paper.  I thought that was a piano bar staple.

Good for him, so freakin sick of sweet Caroline. Ugh!

• Like 2

Following along, very interested. My adult daughter, sister and adult niece are on the ship with you. I have seen my daughter in a couple of your photos! They are doing the Tracy Arm excursion also. Maybe they will be with you and I'll get more pictures! I am on the Spirit in July for 8 day RT from Seattle also, so this is really revving me up for my turn. I am very thankful for your incredible details and pics in Seattle itself. 

Enjoy!

• Like 5