New to Oceania, what is 2 for 1 cruise fare offer?

lackcreativity

I have attempted to use the search feature to get my answer, but never have had success with that function on Cruise Critic. I realize that "2 for 1" cruise fare should seem obvious, but it seems too good to be true. As a potential future cruiser with Oceania in 2024, can you please let me know the details?  Is it just the cruise cost that is two for one price, and airfare is charged for both passengers? How long will this promotion be offered? Are there special payment requirements, as in payment in full at time of booking?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Nothing magical about it and definitely not too good to be true.   It has been Oceania’s pricing model since they were founded.  No one ever pays brochure rate for a cruise…and the 2 for 1 offer is based generally on brochure rate.  No expiration date….

What can make this confusing I guess is the rate you see on their website is a per person rate, that has been “discounted”.

Deposit depends on stateroom category and cruise length.   https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005305934-What-is-your-deposit-and-payment-policy-

That said.   We love Oceania.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 1

2 for 1 is marketing

Just look at the cruise only fare or the O life fare

prices are PP & include port taxes/fees

You can get an air credit (discount) if you do not want to use the economy  air

O Life perk   ..it depends on if any of those work for your needs

The OBC/SBC  you usually are paying for  & it is non refundable  so the least attractive  choice

Excursions are per cabin

Drink Package  is PP & is  for Wine by the glass /beer during lunch & dinner only  However you can upgrade to the Prestige package  once onboard for $20 PP PD

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

Free internet is one account per cabin (top suites get 2)

one device at a time

You can choose 

cruise with air and O life perk

Cruise with air no Olife

cruise with O life no air

Cruise only

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

2 for 1 is marketing

Just look at the cruise only fare or the O life fare

prices are PP & include port taxes/fees

You can get an air credit (discount) if you do not want to use the economy  air

O Life perk   ..it depends on if any of those work for your needs

The OBC/SBC  you usually are paying for  & it is non refundable  so the least attractive  choice

Excursions are per cabin

Drink Package  is PP & is  for Wine by the glass /beer during lunch & dinner only  However you can upgrade to the Prestige package  once onboard for $20 PP PD

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

Free internet is one account per cabin (top suites get 2)

one device at a time

You can choose 

cruise with air and O life perk

Cruise with air no Olife

cruise with O life no air

Cruise only

Agree with LHT, just marketing.  Doesn't everyone want to know they got something for less money?  If you can read the "extremely" fine print in T&C's, in every brochure, 2 for 1 fares are based on full published brochure fares, which may or may not have resulted in actual sales. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. This does not surprise me, as the published O-fares seamed reasonable, and I couldn't really believe that those were then 2 for 1. There are a number of interesting itineraries that would suit us, so hope to see you on board one day!

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 2:55 PM, FetaCheese said:

Agree with LHT, just marketing.  Doesn't everyone want to know they got something for less money?  If you can read the "extremely" fine print in T&C's, in every brochure, 2 for 1 fares are based on full published brochure fares, which may or may not have resulted in actual sales.

How you can have a full published brochure fare which "may not have resulted in actual sales" never ceases to amaze me but we all learn to live with it and ignore it.

1 minute ago, CanEcosse said:

How you can have a full published brochure fare which "may not have resulted in actual sales" never ceases to amaze me but we all learn to live with it and ignore it.

Yes it would be nice if they did away with that marketing  ad & just put the true price

But  I have been saying that for  16 yrs & no one at O is listening 🤔

so back to ignoring it LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Yes it would be nice if they did away with that marketing  ad & just put the true price

Not sure it would be legal in Canada if they can't show they ever sold anything at that price.

2 minutes ago, CanEcosse said:

Not sure it would be legal in Canada if they can't show they ever sold anything at that price.

I wonder if car dealerships sell cars at the MSRP ??

I know we have never paid the suggested price on a new car 😉

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder if car dealerships sell cars at the MSRP ??

I know we have never paid the suggested price on a new car 😉

I'll bet you haven't bought one lately. Dealerships here in the US pretty much don't have new inventory, taking orders at full price. Used car sales are quite good. Local dealership sends me an email about once a week trying to buy our car. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORV said:

I'll bet you haven't bought one lately. Dealerships here in the US pretty much don't have new inventory, taking orders at full price. Used car sales are quite good. Local dealership sends me an email about once a week trying to buy our car. 

no

last car was in 2016  it will have to do  for  a few more years

Yes  I am sure  post covid   they will try to get as much as they can for limited inventory  same as houses  ..the crazy train is here  & prices are through the roof

19 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The same is true for home improvement. We got an estimate for some rain gutter work yesterday. The first quote was outrageous but then he applied the "discounts" which brought it down 40%. Funny, the same thing happened with our roof and the shower replacement. 

• Like 1

My opinion: I believe that sellers of anything, get the price that they want.  Sellers set prices to achieve the" average selling price" they want,  for the total quantity sold of that item, which may require occasional markdowns.

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info