Murano Dining Question

Luvcrusn

The language on the X site recently changed about the gratuities on Dining Packages. Previously (as recent as December 2021) the gratuity was included in the purchase price of the package. We also tip additionally when we're there. The current wording indicates that the gratuity is no longer included in the purchase price of the package. When did this change? Does the current structure charge the 18% in addition to the dining package cost or are you now expected to leave your tip at the restaurant when you dine (not just an additional tip)? Hope that's clear. TIA

Changed about the 22nd of April.  With X IT Dept doing their finest on some ships the 18% was added to the price.  Other ships it was added at check-out.  Either way  prices have gone up.  BTW the beverage packages & upgrade have also increased.

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Changed about the 22nd of April.  With X IT Dept doing their finest on some ships the 18% was added to the price.  Other ships it was added at check-out.  Either way  prices have gone up.  BTW the beverage packages & upgrade have also increased.

Thanks for your response. I'm still not clear. If we purchase a dining package (pre-cruise) do we pay the 18% at the time of purchase in addition to the package price, or do we pay the 18% at the time we dine once onboard? I did notice that the beverage package pricing increased as well as the cost to upgrade from Classic to Premium also increase. None of this is surprising considering the fact that cruise lines have been bleeding cash for the last 2 years, but I'm just trying to get a grasp on the "new normal." Thanks.

Edited by Luvcrusn

I recently purchased 3 individual nights of specialty dining on an upcoming Apex cruise for meals in three different dining rooms through my cruise planner.  Upon check out I was charged gratuities for two of the three meals.  So...... not sure how that will play out with the meal I wasn't charged tips, but IMO I believe all charges will be made at time of booking, and not in the restaurant

It is very hard to be specific in giving an answer right now as there have been reports of the gratuity being billed and signed for in the venue, or even being billed after attending the venue without being presented with anything for signature...

Along with the variety of price rise on some ships/cruises, or adding gratuity at check-out....

The whole thing is a bit of a mess right now.

Edited by Mark_T

Apparently there's no reason to tip anymore. It's there. Doesn't really matter, just nice to know. We sail Monday and would like to make a reservation for a specialty restaurant that night. Can't see any way to do it before boarding.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, indy406 said:

Apparently there's no reason to tip anymore. It's there. Doesn't really matter, just nice to know. We sail Monday and would like to make a reservation for a specialty restaurant that night. Can't see any way to do it before boarding.

Advance bookings usually close a few days before departure, so you may have left it too late...