Celebrity Italy Testing Requirement Changed for Up-to-Date Guest

The new wording now implies testing can take place 1 or 2 days before boarding if I read it correctly?  Having moved my booked tests twice already I'm loathe to do it again if 1 day will suffice.

"Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities. "

It would be really helpful if the voyage testing chart included dates you should take your pre boarding test in the same way other cruise lines are doing as it avoids confusion.

I checked this an hour ago and it was still 1 day.  Will it change again in the next 72hours?  Luckily i still have tests booked on Saturday (2 days before) and on Sunday on the way to the airport.  Will not cancel one of them quite yet as this could just be another Celebrity glitch.  

13 minutes ago, Searanger said:

I checked this an hour ago and it was still 1 day.  Will it change again in the next 72hours?  Luckily i still have tests booked on Saturday (2 days before) and on Sunday on the way to the airport.  Will not cancel one of them quite yet as this could just be another Celebrity glitch.  

Doublecheck the Italy date is 16 May and not an older display that wasn’t updated when you went to it. I clicked on the thread posted above, then went to it via the Celebrity website and it states within 2 days prior, which means 2 days prior or the day prior.

I’m booked in Oct ‘22 so obviously might change, but I’m in Italy 3 days prior and will use the test kits I take with me. 

Den

• Like 1

these days it is hard to decide to travel to Europe for precruise land portions because of having to test and how and where to do it.

Then if you are positive, zoom you are in isolation.   I feel for those who decided to venture out and then got covid.   

This is a bit a good news..now at least I can have my negative test before I get on my flight from JFK to FCO…that is if we decide to go…after reading so many quarantine stories…it’s hard to decide to keep the cruise…I can’t imagine being isolated for 21 days either on land or on the ship..ugh I didn’t think we would still be dealing with this ..this is the third time we are trying to see Greece..

Just to show you how much this is testing, the Italy testing was updated 18 May and now says those that are “Fully Vaccinated”, which is defined as being vaccinated but the last shot is more than 270 days prior to the cruise, is now required to be tested within 2 days of departure, the same as the “Up-To-Date” people. They will not be tested at the terminal as prior. 

Celebrity sites this is ‘as stipulated by Italian authorities.” 

I guess I’ll be able to run up my posts a few thousand in the next week or so just posting the changes!

den

• Thanks 1