Just booked another cruise

1 hour ago, soloadventurer said:

After our first Carnival cruise less than 2wks ago, we’ve booked another one. 8nts from Miami on the Horizon in November. 

Uh-Ohhhhh !! Sounds like SOMEONE is on their way to becoming a 'total' cruise junkie !!! Welcome to the  'cruise junkie central' (CC) Glad to have you here, suffering from the 'disease' with the rest of us poor souls.

Mac 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, coldweather said:

THEN I take a look at airfare and I have to hold off.  When the air is more expensive than the cruise I just can't do it. 

I know what you mean, We live in ATL and I booked us (my wife and my sister) a cruise in late 2919 a cruise out of SFO for August 2020, Needless to say TWO years later, we (hopefully) are finally going to make this said cruise (better late (much LATER) than never. But the round trip air is  over $570 (coach) with 1st class  costing over $1200 per person, so far, and it MAY increase as well as the cruise. So one good deal isn't enough anymore. 

Mac 

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

It starts off innocently with a cruise or two in your Cruise Manager, then you wake up one morning and find 5 cruises booked.  Yikes!  How did this happen?!  Welcome to our club @soloadventurer 😃

Agree, happened to me today, well this afternoon, had a January 2023 on Celebration booked and decided if going into Miami anyway may as well stay another week and make it a B2B, now have five booked. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Agree, happened to me today, well this afternoon, had a January 2023 on Celebration booked and decided if going into Miami anyway may as well stay another week and make it a B2B, now have five booked. 

I also caught a bad case of cruise junkie.  Leaving next Friday for a 12-day cruise from Barcelona, and  already had five Carnival cruises booked, than saw the offers on Celebration.   I tried fighting for a while, but was unsuccessful.  Finally in a moment of weakness, I also booked a B2B for January. 🤪

6 hours ago, coldweather said:

I would be booking because the cruise prices are good.  THEN I take a look at airfare and I have to hold off.  When the air is more expensive than the cruise I just can't do it.  Have fun!

I was fortunate that I had airline credit to use, and only had to pay $115 to upgrade to F RT for my Alaska cruise next month.

• 4 weeks later...

I took my husband on his first cruise in Feb for his birthday.  We went on a 5 day not knowing if he would like it.  Once we got home, we booked two more!  He got bit by the cruise bug!!  He wants to hit that Diamond status quick!!!  LOL

1 hour ago, rabelgirls said:

I took my husband on his first cruise in Feb for his birthday.  We went on a 5 day not knowing if he would like it.  Once we got home, we booked two more!  He got bit by the cruise bug!!  He wants to hit that Diamond status quick!!!  LOL

Sounds VERY familiar! I did the same thing for my wife's first cruise wayy back in 2006 (for a cruise on our anniversary in March of 2007). It too, was a 5 day/inside room, because I was a fraid she wouldn't like cruising, so my thinking was, 'WHY get a balcony (there were only 10 on the entire Carnival Holiday, and have her HATE it'. I made the reservation in July 5, 05 for a 5 day cruise out of Mobile going to Nassau/Freeport went ahead and paid for it, closed the computer and completely forgot about it. Boy, did I ever ! A few days after Xmas, she walked into the den. I was on the SAME computer and she stopped and acted as if she had something on her mind. I asked her 'What's up ?' She grinned and said, ' Well, we have a anniversary in a few months, and I know money's kinda tight so I guess we won't do anything'. 'Uh Ohhhh, I thought, I had completely forgotten to tell her. I smiled at her, and said, 'Well, that's not EXACLY true, back in July I went ahead and booked us a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Holiday sailing out of Mobile'. She was FLOORED ! For almost ten years she had FLATELY stated ,after watched television that nothing but tuxedo-wearing snobs go on cruises.  Come March she hadn't been topside at the sailaway party, 15 minuets when she happily exclaimed, 'WHEN can we do this AGAIN!!' Now,  20-something cruises later, I know for a fact, the cruise bug bit my wife.

Mac

We're cruising more since the restart than our whole cruise lives before covid, it seems.  Last November and then February.  And then the hubs and I booked one for September last week, and I just put one on hold for Hanukkah 2023 for the whole family and my best friend.  If we're being honest, there will probably be some other side jaunt in between these next two.  I'm getting lots of side eye over here.....  😆