Concierge Lounge on Oasis questions

There is no Concierge Lounge on Oasis.  

It's the Suite's Lounge for full suites, (and on and off Pinnacles) on deck 17....or the Diamond Lounge on deck four.  

If you are D+ and not in a full suite, (Grand Suite and above) you will not have access to the Suites Lounge.  Sorry.  

• Like 4

Anyone else remember the days when, as a D+,  you could get a hot breakfast or lunch (along with wine or beer) while enjoying the view of the Aqua Theatre?  Never crowded, simply a quiet place to enjoy a meal.

But then RCCL decided to "enhance" the experience by closing the doors to D+.

Ah, the "old days!"

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Anyone else remember the days when, as a D+,  you could get a hot breakfast or lunch (along with wine or beer) while enjoying the view of the Aqua Theatre?  Never crowded, simply a quiet place to enjoy a meal.

Ah, the "old days!"

Sail Allure.  The D lounge is that beautiful large lounge with the Aqua theater view.   OK - no more hot breakfast (unless you include toast) or lunch, but certainly never crowded during the day. Enjoy it while it is still a D lounge.

M

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sail Allure.  The D lounge is that beautiful large lounge with the Aqua theater view.   OK - no more hot breakfast (unless you include toast) or lunch, but certainly never crowded during the day. Enjoy it while it is still a D lounge.

M

Great... good to know.   We are actually booked on Allure for August.

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

Loved to get coffee and toasted bagels and sit up stairs on the balcony and look out the windows. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

Ah, the "old days!"

Yes I do!  🙂   

That was my all time favorite lounge on Oasis...the old CL on deck 11 in those days!   And was one of the reasons I always booked a cabin on deck 11.  Never crowded, the very first to have complimentary beer and wine with lunch, beautiful 2 story floor to ceiling windows over the boardwalk.  🤗  Then they turned it into the DL...then on newer ships...Wonderland.  

Breakfast and lunch were very limited smaller plate items, but worked for us...and served at table warm/hot.  This may have been the precursor for the concept of Coastal Kitchen...not sure.  

Remember where the DL was?   I think it's the Schooner bar now, but was right over the Promenade.  Too small for HH, so they had it on deck four in "The Crypt".   Kind of spooky, but worked. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

Another thing I love about Oasis and Allure....the way the SL and CK are laid out.   Love having the back bar wall window as to looking out over the ship.   Not a fan of "looking at the wall" bar seats on newer sisters.   And less bar seats on them as well.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes I do!  🙂   

That was my all time favorite lounge on Oasis...the old CL on deck 11 in those days!   And was one of the reasons I always booked a cabin on deck 11.  Never crowded, the very first to have complimentary beer and wine with lunch, beautiful 2 story floor to ceiling windows over the boardwalk.  🤗  Then they turned it into the DL...then on newer ships...Wonderland.  

Breakfast and lunch were very limited smaller plate items, but worked for us...and served at table warm/hot.  This may have been the precursor for the concept of Coastal Kitchen...not sure.  

Remember where the DL was?   I think it's the Schooner bar now, but was right over the Promenade.  Too small for HH, so they had it on deck four in "The Crypt".   Kind of spooky, but worked. 

The old DL is now inside cabins.  The walkway to the front of key in gate is visible and now dead ends into a wall.  

I think the CK/SL concept was driven by competitors?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

Another thing I love about Oasis and Allure....the way the SL and CK are laid out.   Love having the back bar wall window as to looking out over the ship.   Not a fan of "looking at the wall" bar seats on newer sisters.   And less bar seats on them as well.   

Agree.  Harmony bar in the SL is horrible while oasis and Allure are absolutely fantastic.  Probably the best single indoor bar on the ship in terms of view.  I haven’t been on the two newer oasis class, but assume they are like Harmony.  Just a terrible design.    

• Like 2

16 hours ago, yogimax said:

Ah, the "old days!"

Not sure about the never crowded aspect, but agree on the rest.  I still remember the peanut butter chicken on skewers served at lunch.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, topnole said:

The old DL is now inside cabins.  The walkway to the front of key in gate is visible and now dead ends into a wall.  

I think the CK/SL concept was driven by competitors?

Thanks...I couldn't remember what Oasis did with that old CL...then DL spot.  Have not been on Oasis many years now since Harmony is the "flavor of the month" here in PC.   Of course that spot is Wonderland on Harmony.  

Still feels odd on Mariner to walk past the old CL location on deck 9 to see those inside cabins.  Loved it on "not amped" EX to use the CL still in that location on deck nine for coffee....just steps from our cabin door.  😉 

6 minutes ago, topnole said:

Agree.  Harmony bar in the SL is horrible while oasis and Allure are absolutely fantastic.  Probably the best single indoor bar on the ship in terms of view.  I haven’t been on the two newer oasis class, but assume they are like Harmony.  Just a terrible design.    

Wonder set up will be interesting.  Kind of loving having all the GS cabins now on deck 17.   Another great thing is having the Suite's sun deck just above on deck 18.  Looks fabulous!  Can't wait to call her home for four weeks come this October!  🤗 

Then...being on board as she comes into her new home port of PC....icing on the cake for me!!  🥰

6 minutes ago, topnole said:

Not sure about the never crowded aspect, but agree on the rest.  I still remember the peanut butter chicken on skewers served at lunch.  

We must have had lunch/breakfast in there early....was never crowded for us.  But then, ships did not seem as crowded back then anyway.  

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

I absolutely agree!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I absolutely agree!

At least Harmony has put the bar stools back at the bar.   Missed them when they had the "social distancing" in December...with many tables blocked off in CK as well.  I have since heard they are back.  Assuming we get to enjoy them again on Sunday. 

We like coming in earlier in the afternoon after a day in port,  to sit at the bar to have an afternoon glass of beer and wine.  🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

At least Harmony has put the bar stools back at the bar.   Missed them when they had the "social distancing" in December...with many tables blocked off in CK as well.  I have since heard they are back.  Assuming we get to enjoy them again on Sunday. 

We like coming in earlier in the afternoon after a day in port,  to sit at the bar to have an afternoon glass of beer and wine.  🙂 

We just did allure and will be on Harmony late this year.  Been a while since on Harmony so I’m wondering how accurate my memory is with the reality.   I just know that I really preferred oasis and allure SL/CK better.  I also didn’t like how CK and sl were flipped on Harmony.  I guess that is just bias towards what I knew because that part seemingly shouldn’t really matter.  But the bar facing a wall sucked on Harmony in comparison to allure and oasis.  

And by the way, the CK on Allure last week was outstanding.  Service was fabulous and the food was great.  Did breakfast every day but one, lunch once, and dinner once.  All meals were outstanding.  I’ve read some negative reviews of the CK lately and I was a bit worried it had diminished.  Our experience suggests otherwise.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

We just did allure and will be on Harmony late this year.  Been a while since on Harmony so I’m wondering how accurate my memory is with the reality.   I just know that I really preferred oasis and allure SL/CK better.  I also didn’t like how CK and sl were flipped on Harmony.  I guess that is just bias towards what I knew because that part seemingly shouldn’t really matter.  But the bar facing a wall sucked on Harmony in comparison to allure and oasis.  

And by the way, the CK on Allure last week was outstanding.  Service was fabulous and the food was great.  Did breakfast every day but one, lunch once, and dinner once.  All meals were outstanding.  I’ve read some negative reviews of the CK lately and I was a bit worried it had diminished.  Our experience suggests otherwise.  

Have still never been on Allure.  Has been cancelled on us three time.  😮  Maybe someday.  

Yes, prefer the set up on Allure and Oasis in CK/SL.   But always thought the location of Chef's table (where the bar is now on newer ships) was a odd choice.   Too noisy and distracting, IMHO, for that venue.  

I am guessing taking that area and making it the bar...freed up a lot of tables for CK...along the windows especially.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, yogimax said:

Ah, the "old days!"

Sure do! Miss those days 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Have still never been on Allure.  Has been cancelled on us three time.  😮  Maybe someday.  

Yes, prefer the set up on Allure and Oasis in CK/SL.   But always thought the location of Chef's table (where the bar is now on newer ships) was a odd choice.   Too noisy and distracting, IMHO, for that venue.  

I am guessing taking that area and making it the bar...freed up a lot of tables for CK...along the windows especially.  

Chefs table isn’t in that spot on Allure.  That spot is all CK dining tables.  Two big circle tables and then booth tables all along the back wall.  Allure has no larger tables in the main area.  So those circular tables are for larger groups (6 top) and that is where our family of 5 sat every meal.  It was nice having our same table every time because with kids a routine helps things go smoothly.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

Chefs table isn’t in that spot on Allure.  That spot is all CK dining tables.  Two big circle tables and then booth tables all along the back wall.  Allure has no larger tables in the main area.  So those circular tables are for larger groups (6 top) and that is where our family of 5 sat every meal.  It was nice having our same table every time because with kids a routine helps things go smoothly.  

That is good to hear.  Seemed a bad choice for Chef's Table.  I have no idea if Oasis did the same thing, but, IMHO, Allure did it right.  🙂 

Funny story about that spot for Chef's Table on Oasis.  They used to set the table up well in advance, complete with the fancy napkins, high end crystal wine glasses etc.    Found out from the host, that pax were stealing the fancy wine glasses, so they stopped putting them out early.  😮 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is good to hear.  Seemed a bad choice for Chef's Table.  I have no idea if Oasis did the same thing, but, IMHO, Allure did it right.  🙂 

Funny story about that spot for Chef's Table on Oasis.  They used to set the table up well in advance, complete with the fancy napkins, high end crystal wine glasses etc.    Found out from the host, that pax were stealing the fancy wine glasses, so they stopped putting them out early.  😮 

Ha.  I’ve been at chefs table on oasis.  I remember it well and yes it was an odd spot.  All the folks at the bar made for quite a noisy environment.  It was a nice dinner, but nothing that special IMO.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Perhaps they made the change so those dining have a better view.  I recall the beautiful bar with a view.  

M

• Like 1