What do the negative antigen results you show to get on board look like?

the_dylaness

48 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

The telemedicine testing service told us we needed 2 tests for each person- for all 5 of us round trip this will be about $800 which is nuts, when I can get the tests at least for the way there for FREE in the office where I am already employed!

^^^^^This makes NO sense. Emed tests are $25.00/each. About $30 with shipping, depending where you live. 6 Proctored tests cost $150 + shipping from Emed directly. At the Optum site it is $99+$99=$198 for 6 with free shipping and they use Emed proctors.  

Your company is Not CLIA certified which is required. If you get caught taking a shortcut and Celebrity or any cruiseline can prove you lied and caused them to suffer a loss, you may be liable. Just buy Emed tests and stop trying to scam the CLIA system.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

@goldsmip115

I am not asking my employer to attest to results that are not true- I am asking if I go, as a paying customer (in a nurse visit, which is charged to insurance), in the office where I work (because it is convenient and we can be seen at the time we need to be seen...)

I want to take the test.

I have NO problems with this.

But I want to be sure that the test results, if negative, are documented to the correct standard.

I previously provided the CDC's result information requirements, and now I'll add what Celebrity has to say:

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
  • Telehealth testing at home is only accepted when it meets certain guidelines. See below.

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.

Where and When to Get Your Test

Most local pharmacy chains offer COVID-19 Testing and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test.

Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:

• For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, the day you set sail is not included as one of the days unless the country of embarkation stipulates a test to be taken within 24 hours of arrival. For example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday and you are required to take your test 3 days in advance, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before your sailing and for 2 days in advance you can take the test Thursday or Friday.
  • Make sure that your selected test provider can provide you a valid results document in time for your travel.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

From everything that you have described, it seems that your testing facility can easily meet these requirements. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

There are no CVS or Walgreens within 100 miles of us offering antigen tests, unfortunately. I have checked multiple times because I thought it was crazy (we live in a relatively large metropolitan area.)

I think the real question is this:

If you get a test in a doctor's office, do printed results, on letterhead, signed by the doctor, with date, time, name, DOB, etc qualify?  It seems like it would but I am just concerned.

The telemedicine testing service told us we needed 2 tests for each person- for all 5 of us round trip this will be about $800 which is nuts, when I can get the tests at least for the way there for FREE in the office where I am already employed!

Why don’t you just go online and order them and do it from home at your own convenience.  I can’t see where it is worth the risk to do it at docs office. What is your risk of missing out if you get turned down at the port?  Anyone could forge a letter and sign it. If you work at a docs office and someone gets a positive test result you are essentially exposed. Maybe that’s the answer you need to qualify under close exposure!!  If you order two tests per person that’s 70$ X5 =350$. Not 800. 
I just do not understand why you are so will to risk an expensive cruise over this. 

Just to clarify (for others who may be reading this thread), re the Walgreens testing, the Rapid NAAT test works just fine and the results are given by email within two hours.  We got our Rapid NAAT test results yesterday within an hour of taking the tests.  A PCR test is a type of NAAT test.  And in April, we also did the Walgreens Rapid NAAT test and got the results within 2 hours.  Walgreens has never offered the Rapid Antigen test in our area, though they have always listed it as an option.  We've gotten our Rapid Antigen tests at CVS (four times last fall), and now we'd have to do it with a provider's visit at the Minute Clinic. 

28 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

Just to clarify (for others who may be reading this thread), re the Walgreens testing, the Rapid NAAT test works just fine and the results are given by email within two hours.  We got our Rapid NAAT test results yesterday within an hour of taking the tests.  A PCR test is a type of NAAT test.  And in April, we also did the Walgreens Rapid NAAT test and got the results within 2 hours.  Walgreens has never offered the Rapid Antigen test in our area, though they have always listed it as an option.  We've gotten our Rapid Antigen tests at CVS (four times last fall), and now we'd have to do it with a provider's visit at the Minute Clinic. 

Thank you for the info as it matches what I've been seeing here locally, my question is does the Rapid NAAT work for the test for vaccinated adults? On the X site for my particular cruise and region it says Fully Vaccinated Adults must complete a Rapid Antigen test within 2 days of sailing, and Unvaccinated Children must complete a PCR test within 3 days of sailing. So for my 4 year old we are planning on doing the Rapid NAAT at Walgreens for her test since it is a type of PCR test, but for us it specifically says Rapid Antigen, is that accurate or is the NAAT ok for vaccinated adults?

On 5/20/2022 at 7:14 PM, Fouremco said:

I previously provided the CDC's result information requirements, and now I'll add what Celebrity has to say:

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
  • Telehealth testing at home is only accepted when it meets certain guidelines. See below.

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.

Where and When to Get Your Test

Most local pharmacy chains offer COVID-19 Testing and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test.

Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:

• For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, the day you set sail is not included as one of the days unless the country of embarkation stipulates a test to be taken within 24 hours of arrival. For example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday and you are required to take your test 3 days in advance, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before your sailing and for 2 days in advance you can take the test Thursday or Friday.
  • Make sure that your selected test provider can provide you a valid results document in time for your travel.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

From everything that you have described, it seems that your testing facility can easily meet these requirements. 

Thank you- this was very helpful.

I also now think that getting tested in the office where I work will be fine.

I am not willing to risk an NAAT test when their website says antigen, but I am willing to take an antigen test and provide the signed documentation from one of our physicians showing that we had an antigen test on the correct day that meets all the above listed documentation requirements. 

I have printed this website in a PDF as well and will take it with me for our testing appointment.

Now I do see that the nearly $800 quoted to us for the correct amount of tests WAS incorrect--- shocking, to get incorrect information over the telephone from such an illustrious and well organized company as X and it's eMed partners.  However, if we take the recommended two tests per person x 5 people x testing each way= 20 x 35 = $700 plus shipping.  So, yes, it is closer to $700 than 800. 

Thank you all for your input, happy sailing.

Edited by the_dylaness
  • Like 2

I guess I don’t understand your math if you are going to test at the office you work for.  To me that comes out to 350$ since you would not have to test before leaving home unless you have to test to get into the country and then again to board the ship and finally to come home.  10x35 =350$

Do you additional tests for say Italy ports depending on your vaccine status?  

Edited by mauimary

On 5/20/2022 at 8:53 AM, mauimary said:

Can you just make appointments for your family at a Walgreens or CVS to get an antigen test?  Or go on the Celebrity website and buy some of the proctored tests. That is what you will be needing. They are $35 ea. 

You can get an antigen test at anyplace from Costco to Walgreens and they will email you the certificate or you can use ANY government approved test and a telehealth service (dozens of them starting at $20).

The only restriction is the certificate must be in English.

• Like 1

We have had the rapid antigen test done at CVS two times.  We were able to book 14 days before so no worry about getting an appointment.  The last time the report was sent to us it did not give place or name of who administered the test so I had to call CVS 800 number to have a correct test report.  Had to create an account with faxburner.com to received proper report. Make sure your report contains information needed.

I recently inquired about getting another test at CVS for our June cruise and was told now it was only done through their MinuteClinic(which I think will cost us) and could only make an appointment 3 days before one wanted the test taken.  Was not happy about that - imagined me searching multi CVS stores trying to get an appointment.  Just on a whim I checked the CVS site today and they have changed it back to being able to book 14 days ahead.  Glad I found out.

All I know is that one has to spent a considerable amount of time and effort just being able to get on the ship but so worth it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2022 at 12:27 AM, Arizona Wildcat said:

You can get an antigen test at anyplace from Costco to Walgreens and they will email you the certificate or you can use ANY government approved test and a telehealth service (dozens of them starting at $20).

The only restriction is the certificate must be in English.

None of them have the antigen test where I live, within 100 miles at least (as far as their locators seem to offer.)  I even drove to Walmart to ask in person because I couldn't get a clear answer from their website.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:33 PM, mauimary said:

I guess I don’t understand your math if you are going to test at the office you work for.  To me that comes out to 350$ since you would not have to test before leaving home unless you have to test to get into the country and then again to board the ship and finally to come home.  10x35 =350$

Do you additional tests for say Italy ports depending on your vaccine status?  

When I called they said we needed to purchase two tests per person in case of test failure (and if you read around enough on CC there are several posts of people having inconclusive telemedicine tests, one person 2 of 4 failed, IIRC), so with shipping and such it was over $700 to do the recommended testing.

• 4 weeks later...

For those who wish to know- we received our tests at my work on the morning of our flight departure and the physician provided us with a typed note on letterhead, and signed in ink, basically stating "The Dylaness DOB 12/34/56 had a NEGATIVE COVID antigen test performed on June 1, 2022" (in accordance with Celebrity's stated documentation requirements) and these were accepted without issue.  So, for those who might find it easier for whatever reason to have a test performed at a doctor's office, this is acceptable.

For anyone reading this…. I hope you realize that the Free covid tests provided by the US Gov will work for Pre-Boarding as long as you take the test with an on-line Proctor.  There are several websites that offer this service (for a fee).  

• Thanks 1