Bermuda Travel Authorization Changed effective May 21

Charles4515

30 minutes ago, mpcaruth said:

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like uploading of the COVID test results will no longer be required (after May 24).  It must have been a processing bottleneck for them,.

I didn't understand it to begin with since you needed a negative test to board the ships  As it is on my Royal sailing they are going to have to test 3000+ peeps

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I didn't understand it to begin with since you needed a negative test to board the ships  As it is on my Royal sailing they are going to have to test 3000+ peeps

They don't have to test anyone. Passengers have to be tested before embarkation and bring their test results to the pier. This is no different than any other cruise in the current environment

Edited by njhorseman

6 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

They don't have to test anyone. Passengers have to be tested before embarkation and bring their test results to the pier. This is no different than any other cruise in the current environment

My cruise leaves 5/28 but does not get to Bermuda until 6/1.  Royal has to retest all passengers before they disembark in Bermuda

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

My cruise leaves 5/28 but does not get to Bermuda until 6/1.  Royal has to retest all passengers before they disembark in Bermuda

You only need to be retested if your cruise arrives more than 4 days after embarkation. Your cruise arrives 4 days after embarkation so no retest is needed.

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

You only need to be retested if your cruise arrives more than 4 days after embarkation. Your cruise arrives 4 days after embarkation so no retest is needed.

We have already received an email from Royal telling us that we will all need to be retested

5 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Additional Testing: May 28th Mariner of the Seas Sailing

Guests on the May 28th sailing from Port Canaveral on Mariner of the Seas, will require additional testing to go ashore per the Bermudian government, since Bermuda is not the first stop on your itinerary. All guests age 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, will take a complimentary test onboard 48 hours before arriving in Bermuda. Details on how to register for this test will be provided onboard.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

We have already received an email from Royal telling us that we will all need to be retested

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Additional Testing: May 28th Mariner of the Seas Sailing

Guests on the May 28th sailing from Port Canaveral on Mariner of the Seas, will require additional testing to go ashore per the Bermudian government, since Bermuda is not the first stop on your itinerary. All guests age 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, will take a complimentary test onboard 48 hours before arriving in Bermuda. Details on how to register for this test will be provided onboard.

That rule was eliminated today. It's no longer necessary to take the additional test because of a port call prior to arriving in Bermuda. Now the additional test is only required if the ship arrives in Bermuda more than 4 days after embarkation.

Obviously what Royal Caribbean said was correct at the time the email was sent but no longer is.

Yeah, I found this out early today, and am sailing tomorrow. In our case, we were issued  a provisional waiver to board the ship. Part of doc:

PROVISIONAL WAIVER TO BOARD THE CRUISE SHIP#: XXXXXX

Embarkation Date: Sunday 22 May 2022

THIS ALLOWS YOU TO EMBARK ON THE CRUISE SHIP
YOU CANNOT DISEMBARK IN BERMUDA ON THIS PROVISIONAL WAIVER

TO RECEIVE A TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION TO DISEMBARK IN BERMUDA, YOUR TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENTATION NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED AND APPROVED

DOCUMENTATION REVIEW REASON: Please have all documents in hand for review with the Bermuda Health team on board ship ************************************************************************

This should make things easier for Bermuda to process applications but seems to just create more confusion and chaos. Not sure why it’s even needed if you can’t cruise without vax or negative test. Especially for cruises direct to Bermuda.  Seems to be redundant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tessie 2022 said:

This should make things easier for Bermuda to process applications but seems to just create more confusion and chaos. Not sure why it’s even needed if you can’t cruise without vax or negative test. Especially for cruises direct to Bermuda.  Seems to be redundant. 

While for cruisers this feels redundant, again, this is a Bermuda policy for anyone arriving on the island by any means.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

While for cruisers this feels redundant, again, this is a Bermuda policy for anyone arriving on the island by any means.

And the policy included Bermuda residents returning to the island. They have to do the Travel Authorisation and pay the $40.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

And the policy included Bermuda residents returning to the island. They have to do the Travel Authorisation and pay the $40.. 

Yup.

Just pointing this out to everyone who says its punishing cruisers. Nope, its punishing everyone going to Bermuda.

• Like 1

I am new to Covid cruising. My cruise on NCL leaves NY 8/23. My understanding is I need to have a proxied Covid test prior to boarding ship. I also need to have an approved Bermuda travel authorization with me with my uploaded vaccine info. Since we don’t arrive in Bermuda until 8/29 & 8/30. I assume the cruise line will need to test  us again. Will they then submit the results for everybody to Bermuda? 
Also, I have read they test after returning onboard from each port ( 8/24-Virginia , 8/26 - Florida & 8/27 Bahamas.) That seems like so much testing. I want to ensure I can come ashore in Bermuda,

What am I missing? 
looks like still have to fill out the application and show proof of negative Covid test for Bermuda.  We leave on June 2.  I filled out our applications a few weeks ago and have not heard back from them yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travellgirl said:

What am I missing? 
looks like still have to fill out the application and show proof of negative Covid test for Bermuda.  We leave on June 2.  I filled out our applications a few weeks ago and have not heard back from them yet. 

You'll probably get something about 4 days before your embarkation date. They process the applications in embarkation date order.

Same here I filled it out for the summit on June 2nd and  the travel authorization only says ‘pending’ . Do we no longer need to send them proof of negative COVID results?

52 minutes ago, miisa said:

Same here I filled it out for the summit on June 2nd and  the travel authorization only says ‘pending’ . Do we no longer need to send them proof of negative COVID results?

With the rule changes adopted this past weekend you no longer have to upload your COVID test results, you merely have to bring them to the pier to be examined at check in. See #4 below.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

Effective 21 May 2022:

1. All passengers MUST have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorisation (TA) before arriving at the terminal.

2. Failing to apply for and receive an approved TA at least 2 weeks prior to travel will result in delayed boarding for you and your party.

3. All you need to do is fill in the application, upload your vaccination card and pay $40 by credit card. You will receive your approved document by email.

4. You must show your approved Travel Authorisation at embarkation, along with your negative COVID-19 test result.

• Thanks 1

What happens if?? I have filled out the travel authorization and attached Covid test record and it is "pending".  I have my test on the 17th for a cruise leaving on the 19th from Cape Liberty and we are leaving on the 18th for New Jersey. What happens if I do not get an emailed acceptance? Will the ship be able to help me to get it? I will have no cell phone coverage once we leave Cape Liberty.

I guess I am looking for reassurance that I should get a response within 24 hrs from the time I attached the Covid test result which should be 6/17 in the afternoon.  Has anyone had this happen and how was it handled?

Remembering the days when we paid for the cruise and walked up the plank for a carefree vacation.

35 minutes ago, dazey said:

What happens if?? I have filled out the travel authorization and attached Covid test record and it is "pending".  I have my test on the 17th for a cruise leaving on the 19th from Cape Liberty and we are leaving on the 18th for New Jersey. What happens if I do not get an emailed acceptance? Will the ship be able to help me to get it? I will have no cell phone coverage once we leave Cape Liberty.

I guess I am looking for reassurance that I should get a response within 24 hrs from the time I attached the Covid test result which should be 6/17 in the afternoon.  Has anyone had this happen and how was it handled?

Remembering the days when we paid for the cruise and walked up the plank for a carefree vacation.

Under the rule changes effective May 21 you no longer have to upload your test results . Just bring them to the port and they'll be verified at check in. You've already satisfied the other requirements by submitting the application, uploading your vaccination record and paying the $40 fee.

Please see post #22, the post immediately prior to yours, where I've quoted Bermuda's new procedures and requirements.