Luggage Tags

tpeacockiii

We changed our cruise cabin after final payment, and then went to check in. The stateroom on the luggage tags is the OLD cabin, but the boarding pass has the NEW cabin.

what should we do to make sure our luggage gets to us smoothly? I’ve contacted the TA, but wondered if this was common or not?

Did you check the luggage tag in the edocs?  If that isn’t correct and the system haven’t updated them porters at the pier can put tags on your luggage with tge correct cabin number.

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Did you check the luggage tag in the edocs?  If that isn’t correct and the system haven’t updated them porters at the pier can put tags on your luggage with tge correct cabin number.

eDocs are incorrect.

I was hopeful that it could be sorted out when we board and it sounds like that’s a reasonable expectation.

I guess show up without luggage tags then?

16 hours ago, tpeacockiii said:

We changed our cruise cabin after final payment, and then went to check in. The stateroom on the luggage tags is the OLD cabin, but the boarding pass has the NEW cabin.

what should we do to make sure our luggage gets to us smoothly? I’ve contacted the TA, but wondered if this was common or not?

Not sure when you changed cabins but it usually  takes a day or two for the tags to be updated. 

Regardless -  I got a Comped upgrade the night before a cruise and the ship was already closed I just Scratched out the number and wrote the new one on it.   The agent said no problem and my bag arrived like normal.    The baggage handlers also have blank tags and will put your cabin number on  one.