Early cabin access?

jayscore

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, jayscore said:

Last cruise, (April), no one was allowed "early access" to their cabins, even if you are Platinum, FTF, or in a suite. 
Is this now common practice?

Yes, exception Suite guest are allowed early access to their cabins. most no one (D&P) knew of this news and stewards were giving the pleasure of telling people to leave their cabin.

Platinum and Diamond guests may go to their cabins and drop off any bags they may have, though your rooms may not be ready until 1:30.  The people at check in will tell you that you cannot go to your rooms until 1:30, but you should receive an email a few days before your cruise explaining how to receive the different benefits.  It should say that you may go and drop off your bags upon boarding.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

Platinum and Diamond guests may go to their cabins and drop off any bags they may have, though your rooms may not be ready until 1:30.  The people at check in will tell you that you cannot go to your rooms until 1:30, but you should receive an email a few days before your cruise explaining how to receive the different benefits.  It should say that you may go and drop off your bags upon boarding.

Thats not happening, they don't want you anywhere near that cabin until the room is finished. Covid related to cleaning. emails were not being sent out to inform anyone.

If you are on the port side of the ship on Deck 12 of the Breeze or Magic, easy to get early access.  Just go into the fitness center "to look around".  Open the mirrored door by the free weights and there you go....

1 hour ago, Badfinger said:

If you are on the port side of the ship on Deck 12 of the Breeze or Magic, easy to get early access.  Just go into the fitness center "to look around".  Open the mirrored door by the free weights and there you go....

The hallway doors are closed, not locked.

As always, this was widely ignored last week on the Mardi Gras.  Without the signs giving Suites/Plats/Diamonds Drop Off access, folks saw others going through the doors and followed.  Many didn't "drop and go".  

Of my cruises since the restart, 5 have been in suites and each of those times I had early access (with the earliest check in time). 

The Elite sailing I had (Horizon, January) came with Platinum for the cruise and we were able to drop and go. (Room was available, S&S cards were already there - again with earliest appointment.) 

The doors are closed, but not locked as stated above.  Just drop your bags and go start enjoying yourself.

• Like 1

We are platinum and have been on 7 cruises since July and we found it varied by ship as to whether our room was ready, but in call cases we were permitted to drop our carry-on items in the room.  They just requested we put them in the closet out of they way, since the rooms usually were not ready.  Our S&S card was at our door about 50% of the time.

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

As always, this was widely ignored last week on the Mardi Gras.  Without the signs giving Suites/Plats/Diamonds Drop Off access, folks saw others going through the doors and followed.  Many didn't "drop and go".  

Makes no wonder why most of Carnival ships are showing orange.. Not giving the crew time to clean the cabins with chemicals to avoid Covid related germs.

They went to their cabins and stayed there. Wonder if the person before them had Covid.

Cruise Ship Color Status | Quarantine | CDC

Edited by BasicSailor

6 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Thats not happening, they don't want you anywhere near that cabin until the room is finished. Covid related to cleaning. emails were not being sent out to inform anyone.

We've done it on all three cruises since the start back and that's what the letter says to do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

6 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

I guess this email I received on 5/15 didn't really happen?

image.thumb.png.ddcc4492be903ff4d78ca424e04c6684.png

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
42 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

I guess this email I received on 5/15 didn't really happen?

image.thumb.png.ddcc4492be903ff4d78ca424e04c6684.png

Never received  letter/ email like that, not one of four cruises now since the restart. As a matter of fact we were run out of our cabin by the stewards claiming room must be cleaned before accessing, even so without dropping our luggage off. But I guess it worked for you and a few others.

Edited by BasicSailor

44 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Never received  letter/ email like that, not one of four cruises now since the restart. As a matter of fact we were run out of our cabin by the stewards claiming room must be cleaned before accessing, even so without dropping our luggage off. But I guess it worked for you and a few others.

I just looked again and we also received an email like that on 3/2 for our 3/12 cruise and 11/28 for our 12/11 cruise - both on Mardi Gras. I don't see one for our 8/26 Carnival Magic cruise so either I didn't get one or I was better about cleaning out my inbox than I have been lately.  lol

Edited by cruisemom2
  • Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
13 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

I just looked again and we also received an email like that on 3/2 for our 3/12 cruise and 11/28 for our 12/11 cruise - both on Mardi Gras. I don't see one for our 8/26 Carnival Magic cruise so either I didn't get one or I was better about cleaning out my inbox than I have been lately.  lol

Nothing for Magic or Sunshine/ 2 or the beautiful Horizon. See the source image

Edited by BasicSailor

1 minute ago, BasicSailor said:

Nothing for Magic or Sunshine/ 2 or the beautiful Horizon.  Maybe a Mardi Gras thing?See the source image

The email I received on 5/15 is for our 5/28 Freedom cruise. We did go straight to our cabin right after we did our muster each time (around 11:30ish) to drop off a carryon or tote bag but in March we just grabbed our S&S cards from the door and didn't even go in. All we had with us was a lightweight tote bag so we just kept it with us until after 1:30.