What are you looking forward to the most!

9 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Sounds cute, and always lovely to get the home mades from the kids.

These ones weren't expensive. From bunnings but very effective and it actually feels like real wax. I dont just keep them for Christmas, lovely as a dinner centrepice with some flowers too.

I had some gorgeous battery operated candles from Dusk. They looked and felt like real wax and the colours were gorgeous, including a lovely natural one. They lasted quite a few years but eventually died. Dusk no longer sell them and the only ones available now have horrible colours, much harsher, and no natural one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not my worst pizzas ever. Those Woolies home brand ones done in a microwave just don't compare. Back in my apprenticeship days, you just had to make do.

Gradi may have upgraded them, know how to use them better and surely use their own ingredients, but I haven't had any problems with dud pizza at sea. My favourites though are from a hole in the wall pizza place in Melbourne when I was a teen, and Carnival's breakfast pizza. Still, I am not really into gourmet and as happy to destroy a Dominos deep pan pepperoni vs something traditional from a local wood fired pizzeria.

It does depend on the type of pizza you like. Our pizzeria is owned and run by a Neopolitan born and trained. Neopolitan pizza is a lot softer than northern Italian pizza although that can be really good if well done but sometimes it's too cardboardy for me. I can't stand deep pan pizza though.

Also with Neopolitan pizza the toppings aren't overloaded and usually not too many different ingredients. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It does depend on the type of pizza you like. Our pizzeria is owned and run by a Neopolitan born and trained. Neopolitan pizza is a lot softer than northern Italian pizza although that can be really good if well done but sometimes it's too cardboardy for me. I can't stand deep pan pizza though.

Also with Neopolitan pizza the toppings aren't overloaded and usually not too many different ingredients. 

Via Napoli of course Julie, great food there, been there 3 or 4 times When I visit my son and familia.

35 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Very similar. The way of adding your info is different, but apart from medallion vs cards, I expect both will be close to identical in the terminal. The attest info is the same, as are the vaxx requirements.

Yes, it will interesting to see how the staff at the terminal cope on Tuesday. I am hoping all of us that have completed cruise control and the verifly app have a separate line to board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

They were yum. I used to love their antipasti plate too. Pacific Explorer still uses the Dawn Princess pizza ovens for their 400gradi restaurant. I haven't tried that on P&O yet, as I feel pizza shouldn't be a premium price vs the MDR.

Yes the antipasti plate, I had forgotten them, yes we loved them.

I truly miss the Pizzeria, it was one of our favourite places for an alternative meal.

I wish they would bring it back on Princess ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Sun class pizza ovens were crap. Worst pizza ever. I'm surprised 400gradi is using them but then I'm presuming P&O is in collaboration with the Melbourne Gradi Group for that. 

The best pizza at sea I've ever had was Alfredos on Majestic Princess. 

Mind you, I'm very fussy about pizza as we have one of Australia's best pizzerias in Lane Cove.

They may not have been the best pizza's compared to home based pizza shops, but when your at sea for weeks, compared to the pizza's on deck 14 offerings they were a great alternative, after returning from a late shore excursion.😁

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stki said:

Yes, it will interesting to see how the staff at the terminal cope on Tuesday. I am hoping all of us that have completed cruise control and the verifly app have a separate line to board.

I think it is as simple as scanning your boarding pass. If everything has been done, show your passport/photo ID and you are ready for boarding when they call it. Those with incomplete info are directed to a check-in area to do a manual check-in. No cards to collect at check-in, they are waiting at your cabin.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2022 at 6:34 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just want a perfectly cooked Princess souffle.

Ahhhh, probably not what you're alluding to, but twice-cooked goats cheese souffle, AND eggplant parmigiana, AND chicken curry lunch with all the condiments

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Ahhhh, probably not what you're alluding to, but twice-cooked goats cheese souffle, AND eggplant parmigiana, AND chicken curry lunch with all the condiments

The twice cooked goats cheese souffle is indeed very good and I'm not much of a goats cheese fan.

Mmmm, I forgot about the eggplant parmigiana. Talk about mixing languages there! 🤣 I'm sure they used to call it melanzane alla parmigiana but I think that may have confused people who didn't know melanzane was eggplant. Anyway whatever it's called it's divine!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The twice cooked goats cheese souffle is indeed very good and I'm not much of a goats cheese fan.

Mmmm, I forgot about the eggplant parmigiana. Talk about mixing languages there! 🤣 I'm sure they used to call it melanzane alla parmigiana but I think that may have confused people who didn't know melanzane was eggplant. Anyway whatever it's called it's divine!

I also love the eggplant parmigiana. And salmon and cream cheese (need the calcium!) for breakfast followed by eggs benedict.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

I havent tried then but I will make sure to check it out if possible.