Last day you can have laundry done without paying the next day surcharge

NutsAboutGolf

Yes we know there's a next day express option for a fee, that aside...

On a typical 7 night sailing, the cruise planner lists 8 days with day 1 being embarkation and day 8 being disembarkation.  Therefore is the latest you can leave a laundry bag out is Day 5?  Does it have to be the morning or can you leave it out for turndown?  We're trying to be strategic for packing a carryon.

55 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On a typical 7 night sailing, the cruise planner lists 8 days with day 1 being embarkation and day 8 being disembarkation.  Therefore is the latest you can leave a laundry bag out is Day 5?  Does it have to be the morning or can you leave it out for turndown?  We're trying to be strategic for packing a carryon.

I've always understood the cutoff to be 3 days prior to disembarkation. So if your goal is to have your laundry returned the day prior to transition day, here's how we would plan if, for example, disembarkation day was on a Saturday.

We would put our laundry bag out on Tuesday morning as you can't depend on your laundry bag being picked up before 9 am, which is the cutoff time if I remember correctly. This is assuming you're not in a suite. If you're in a suite, your butler might be able to get it back to you if you put it in on Wednesday. Never have put a bag out in the evening prior to the turndown service, so I can't address that option.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I've always understood the cutoff to be 3 days prior to disembarkation. So if your goal is to have your laundry returned the day prior to transition day, here's how we would plan if, for example, disembarkation day was on a Saturday.

We would put our laundry bag out on Tuesday morning as you can't depend on your laundry bag being picked up before 9 am, which is the cutoff time if I remember correctly. This is assuming you're not in a suite. If you're in a suite, your butler might be able to get it back to you if you put it in on Wednesday. Never have put a bag out in the evening prior to the turndown service, so I can't address that option.

I would think you are correct as it makes total sense.  I know you can't send it out the day before disembarkation without the Express Fee.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You are correct in having it picked up sometime on day 5.   It does not have to be first thing.  On our last two cruises, we have gotten the wash and fold back the following afternoon  on Day 6 (assuming it was picked up in the morning of Day 5).